Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1852

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 1068522 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8295 on: November 08, 2019, 02:22:57 AM »

Randle.  Poor defender.  Erratic offender.
The only thing intriguing to me was that he shot 3's fairly well last year.  But he's at 17% for us.  And just 60% FT.
Plus one the league leaders in turnovers.
Sure he's being asked to do too much.
But I've always thought he's a hard player to build around.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: November 08, 2019, 03:19:01 AM »

My first December call is to OKC.

Marcus Morris & Dennis Smith Jr. or Elfrid Payton (both work & we should grab a pick for letting them take the one they prefer) for Dennis Schroeder & Mike Muscala

It puts us on the hook for Schroeder, but he can play and ups his team’s pace with his speed and quickness. It also gets us a legit backup center who can protect the rim and spread the floor.

Morris gives them another playoff professional to help get the most out of Paul this year. He’s also Gallo insurance in case of trade or injury. They prefer Noel to Muscala & get a guard to take some of Scroeder’s load if not match his productivity.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: November 08, 2019, 04:33:53 AM »

Bo no like.

Shroeder a poor defender and streaky kind of scoring PG.
Bets as a backup.
I'd rather try to develop Smith Jr into a Shroeder.

OKC doesn't really need Morris as they're not going anywhere.
I don't like the return and think you have us giving way too much.

SHroeder and Muscala are not what we need.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: November 08, 2019, 04:55:44 AM »

They’re not my first second or third choice if I had a league wide draft. It takes 17 million off their books and puts it on our books, for which we’d extract one of the many tasty draft considerations the Thunder acquired in dumping Rusty & PG. it’s a use space to gain assets sort of move that should have minimal long term effect on our roster.

There may be better plays, but none really come to mind.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: November 08, 2019, 10:10:23 AM »

Okay, so just trying to get a pick and a semi-useful player.
They have CP3 at $40M's this year and two more.   So they need to try to be competitive.  And you do save them Schroeder's $15M next year.

We'd be giving them a very nice player with an ending deal, and taking on Schroeder's $15M next year for a 1st rounder.
It's an idea.  I hope we could do better.
But an extra pick would be nice.

Is next year's draft deep?
This one was.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:44 AM »

Julius
RJ
Frank
DSJ
K-knox
Ignas
Mitch
(Bobby)

There are your seven + for next year.  Options on others

Now, do you want to add cap room by dealing Randle......

Hypothetical matchup of salaries with Galinari, for instance.

Or do we envision Julius and Marcus together with an IMPROVED Knox/Barret/Robinson/Frank/DSJ, plus what we can add with spare cash for 2020-21?

The way we are using Gibson I can agree that he wont be here next year (and could be dealt mid through this season)

Portis and his 15 mil could go either way

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: November 08, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »

LEAD

DOG

FROM

THE DRAFT

- this is what we seek

- the Zion draft - where we grabbed our motor - becomes the Anthony/Wiseman/Mannion/Ball/Hayes endeavor.  Top 7-8 should get us one of those guys.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:43:29 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: November 08, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »

CARMELO gives rousing pregame speech at Cuse ahead of their tilt with defending national champs

Orange proceed to go out and get nineteen in the first half - and as if that werent good enough - just FIFTEEN in the second

48-34 UVA

chipstern

• View Profile
You Are What Your Record Says You Are
« Reply #8303 on: November 08, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »

No denying it. 

Still, was working during Detroit game, and only made it on DVR to the point in the third when the Knicks' Wile E. Coyote meltdown began with a very jive flagrant call on Randle. 

Losing Mitchell didn't help, but found a lot of positives in the first half, such as Frank's defense, pace, tempo and aggression, creating offensive looks for himself, and shooting with confidence and purpose, since he ain't looking over his shoulder. 

Good competitive play (mostly on offense, some D) from Julius, RJ, MM and Knox.  Again, Frank set an aggressive tone on D.  However, in trad Knicks style, Morris 1A outplayed Morris 1B, we allowed Snell to get off to a career game, and had no answer for Drummond. 

In other news, Serial Douche Marc Berman on KP's falling out, has the audacity to reference Charlie Rosen vis a vis the Knicks running Carmelo out of town, as having a palpable effect on Porzingis.  Seeing as how ventriloquist Phool Jackoff's water carrier Rosen was complicit in advancing negative narratives on Melo in the media, this really rubbed me the wrong way. 

PS: Fizz's obsession with Ellington, and the utter absence of minutes for Dotson (superior defender) and Trier (more versatile scoring threat) continues to baffle me.  Not that Ellington shouldn't get minutes, but DD and AT are part of our purported youth development posture, and have demonstrated positive attributes and growth when given real minutes.  I suspect that with a healthy Bullock, they will be further relegated to the pine. 

PPS: Wonder what happens to Frank's minutes and confidence, and some semblance of a sensible rotation when Peyton and Smith come back.  Let alone Kadeem Allen, who certainly picked the wrong damn time to be nailed to the pine with an injury.  The penetrating and scoring skills he demonstrate last season would sure be coming in handy about now. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
If it weren't for bad luck
« Reply #8304 on: November 08, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »

We wouldn't have no luck at all
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: November 08, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »

Did something new & terrible happen?
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Jerrya

• View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: November 08, 2019, 02:05:53 PM »

I never thought they would look and be this  bad.  It's all on Fitz...it's called the Peter Principle. At this point, I'd take any coach other than Fitz so I don't have to look at his pathetic frowns when something goes wrong.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: November 08, 2019, 02:19:04 PM »

With Mitch out, Knicks should - but won't say to Gibson - "go get em - show us what you got with the first five" - 30 minutes, with Bobby getting 18 at C and 8-10 at PF (Ignas the rest after Julius 30-34)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: November 08, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »

What we will see instead is too much Randle at the 5 - maybe even some RJ

No roles, baby - and dont ask why

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Would you rather
« Reply #8309 on: November 08, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »

Beat the Mavericks, or see Fizdale direct ANOTHER BLOWOUT L?

The win helps temporarily.
The loss further improves lottery odds and drives another nail in Fizz' coaching coffin.

Tough one.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1852