Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909014 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8340 on: November 09, 2019, 02:10:24 PM »

The Celtics offered a trove of assets, including Jaylen Brown, in a scenario under which the Knicks could move up and select future Bulls forward Lauri Markkanen, but again Jackson held back. Some in the league believe Jackson didn’t make the trade on orders from owner James Dolan.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: November 09, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »

We don't need Franc to be a dominant ballhandler.
RJB and Randle can help with that.

Frank played well last night. His defense was ferocious. But we do have a problem handling the ball. I realize that two of our PG are out, but I hold my breath every time Randall gets the rock. And he's not the only big of ours who loves to dribble. Hell, sometimes Barrett is our best dribbler on the floor...and that's not going to cut it.

Anyhow, the question with Frank is how he can be consistently strong on both end. The consensus here is about playing time. But you've also pointed out some odd quirks of his game — for instance, his habit of pulling up and making a generic pass just a step or two over the half court line — which speaks to some issue with confidence and coaching. That needs fixing.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Franks confidence
« Reply #8342 on: November 09, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

When his shot is falling early in the game you know he will have a good game.  He took 12 shots last night.
If he misses his first couple shots, he probably ends up with no more than 7 attempts.  This is what he needs to fight.  Stop thinking of yourself as a non-offender just because you missed your first jumper.

Look at a guy like THjr.   Frank is on one end of the spectrum and THjr is all the way on the other end with no conscience.  Some of that irrational confidence is what Frank needs.  Just not too much.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:47:24 PM by Kam »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: KP shit his NY bed
« Reply #8343 on: November 09, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »

https://nypost.com/2019/11/08/inside-toxic-kristaps-porzingis-knicks-marriage-that-made-trade-inevitable/

On occasion at the Tarrytown practice headquarters, Porzingis started parking his car haphazardly in front of the players’ entrance instead of in the assigned parking spot that each player receives.

And after then-coach Jeff Hornacek told him during a practice to show more toughness on defense, Porzingis blurted back, “F–k you.’’

Wow - so around the time I was giving my blessing to trade KP, the rest of the forum was adamant about keeping him - and now we know Jaylen Brown and Lauri Markaanen could have been Knicks

heh - well, we almost got that.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Franks confidence
« Reply #8344 on: November 09, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »

When his shot is falling early in the game you know he will have a good game.  He took 12 shots last night.
If he misses his first couple shots, he probably ends up with no more than 7 attempts.  This is what he needs to fight.  Stop thinking of yourself as a non-offender just because you missed your first jumper.

Look at a guy like THjr.   Frank is on one end of the spectrum and THjr is all the way on the other end with no conscience.  Some of that irrational confidence is what Frank needs.  Just not too much.

1-7 on 2 pointers.  The contested shot still not his friend whatsoever

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: KP shit his NY bed
« Reply #8345 on: November 09, 2019, 08:09:42 PM »

https://nypost.com/2019/11/08/inside-toxic-kristaps-porzingis-knicks-marriage-that-made-trade-inevitable/

On occasion at the Tarrytown practice headquarters, Porzingis started parking his car haphazardly in front of the players’ entrance instead of in the assigned parking spot that each player receives.

And after then-coach Jeff Hornacek told him during a practice to show more toughness on defense, Porzingis blurted back, “F–k you.’’

Wow - so around the time I was giving my blessing to trade KP, the rest of the forum was adamant about keeping him - and now we know Jaylen Brown and Lauri Markaanen could have been Knicks

heh - well, we almost got that.

KP was feeling all sorts of entitlement - and only in year 2 to boot.   The parking space is not a big deal to me.  The "Fuck you" to the coach is a big deal to me.  That's surprising.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Franks confidence
« Reply #8346 on: November 09, 2019, 08:11:51 PM »

1-7 on 2 pointers.  The contested shot still not his friend whatsoever

There's a lot of talk today that Frank has seized the job.  Marc Berman even referenced Lou Gehrig replacing Wally Pipp akin to what Frank has done!  Premature much?  One good game and everyone is going gaga.

I'm happy he had a good game.

I don't think the light bulb has switched on yet.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »

Anyway, KZ is playing pretty well even though he hasn't rounded into form yet, or meshed with Donc yet.  Bodes well for DAL

Played all 8 games.  That's something (though missing tonight's tilt)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: November 09, 2019, 09:12:28 PM »

Gordo must been born under a bad sign

broke his hand in San Antone

out around 6 weeks

on the other hand the Celts looked great and destroyed the Spurs

they're starting to look legit very good

TimeLord might become a crowd-shocking, shot-blocking rim rocking, paint-stalking, Stephen Hawking, I'm serious and not trash-talking real NBA defensive wiz.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:17:19 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: November 09, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »

Both Williamses look good for the Cs.

I wonder how long it will be till Mitch gets cleared to play. The down time helps his ankle as well.

The Cavs will pose a very different challenge.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: November 09, 2019, 10:52:55 PM »

The Cavs will pose a very different challenge.

Get a chance to see Darius Garland.  The guard some say we should've taken instead of RJ. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:58 AM »

Was anyone high on Garland?
He landed in a poor situation -- a weak, mismatched Cavs team and paired in the backcourt with another similar small young G in Sexton.
Don't imagine both will stay there for long. 
CLE will probably need to choose one.
But guess I should see them before proclaiming ish.

Out of the Top 8 last draft:
RJB     46% FT
Hayes 45% FT
Culver 35% FT

And Zion hasn't played.
So that's 3 of the Top 7 who can't make half their FT's.
Rather embarrassing.

Barrett could be averaging 20 a night if he was competent at FT's.
And like I mentioned, it will start to affect his game and how defenses play him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 04:35:42 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: November 10, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »

Cleveland needed another guard, period.

Garland was the draft/combine darling - just not good enough to unseat the top 3 - and then ATL liked Hunter enough to deal up to 4 for him.

A very solid #5 pick, Winston's kid is.  And finally had an above 50% shooting night.  More should be coming soon.

20 in January.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: November 10, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

Cavs have lost to Bucks, Mavs, Pacers (away), Celtics and (cough) MAGIC

Just one bad one in there

Beat Bulls, Wizards and INDY (home).
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1847