Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914227 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9255 on: December 09, 2019, 09:15:17 AM »

Randall has a limited BBIQ - he's not getting smarter with more playing time.

Wow - unfair take alert.

BBIQ is fair game.
You want unfair: I've wondered about Randle's overall intelligence as well.

Even when he was back in college some scouts were questioning his BBIQ, especially on D.  And his D is usually/still poor in most facets. 

I think Randle doesn't seem to be a quick thinker/reacter.  He's more likely to bowl someone over than pass off, or maneuver around.  On both ends he sees what's happening or at least reacts to it a beat late. 

It's entirely possible that Randle had one good year and has regressed to his usual state.  Contract year too, right?  Coincidence . . .

And while Morris has been mostly terrific, again it's Contract Year Morris we're witnessing.  Will he be as focused and conditioned going forward, especially if stuck on a losing Knick team? 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: December 09, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »

Randle would not have his assist numbers with a low BB IQ.  He wouldnt be able to see driving lanes as he so often properly does

You will likely cite

a)  turnovers

and

b)  poor shot selection

but as with all primary scorers - comes with the territory.

It's actually Fiz's ball share system that has KEPT Randle under the 20 PPG mark, in my opinion.  And - like a guy such as PAT EWING before him - Randle getting knocked for "poor shot" often has to do with shot clock running down, who can get one off type scenarios - moreso than forcing something when something else is there.

"Larry Bird he is not"

I am with you on this.

But Randle can play, can see things, knows when and where to attack.  And defensively - how to help and rotate

Physical limitations really shouldnt enter your assessment here (not a shot blocker, (doesnt jump shoot over guys effectively, etc).  Nor should the things he does well.  You are talking about IQ - and you're also a fucking IDIOT - and maybe even a racist for your last comment on his overall IQ number.  Sorry - being nice to you in this holiday season only goes so far

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:41:42 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: December 09, 2019, 10:04:51 AM »

And while Morris has been mostly terrific, again it's Contract Year Morris we're witnessing.  Will he be as focused and conditioned going forward, especially if stuck on a losing Knick team?

Fail.

As if Marcus would be playing

a)  not as hard
b)  not as smart
c)  not as well

if he had signed for 2/3/4 years (here, in BOS or in SA).

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: December 09, 2019, 10:29:05 AM »

I think even winning 30 games and falling short of the eight slot - in Mills/Perry's eyes - is a win.  And yeah, I know - for draft purposes -  its not so much.

Would be absolutely fine for draft purposes. Last year teams at 33-49 got the top two cherries.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: December 09, 2019, 10:43:10 AM »

Some people are dumb.  Some athletes are dumb.  Some white athletes are dumb.  Some black athletes are dumb.  All truisms.
I wonder about Randle.
Caveat: for some it affects their ability on court, for others it doesn't.
It seemed to me that Derrick Rose has actual learning disabilities, but I don't think it affected his hoops.

I also recall Adonal Foyle looked positively impaired, but turns out he's quite the all-around scholar, poet, writer, businessman. 
So I could be wrong about Randle.  But my impression isn't based on his skin tone.  Perhaps not surprising that someone like kiid doesn't actually comprehend racism.

Physical limitations: Randle has short arms which affects his ability to block shots and shoot over folks.  Probably also costs a rebound or two a game.  ZBo for instance had the bulky bod but combined with long arms.

Otherwise, if you don't think that some/many hoopsters put more attention in off-season conditioning, and apply themselves with more focus and aggression in a contract year, than I think you're living in denial.  When there is $5M - $10M - $20M at stake (an extra guaranteed year), folks can get plenty motivated.  Once a guaranteed $60M contract is signed, some naturally ease up some, enjoy the off-season more, coast a bit.  Human nature.  Some folks are highly self-motivated.  For most it's a combination of self- and outside motivations, and money is a big incentive and validater.

My best guess is Morris wouldn't have been as prepared, conditioned, focused if this wasn't a contract year.  He had extra motivation and put in the off-season work.  It's hard to bust your tail a full season and dedicate yourself in the Summer as well.  And do that every year.  Folks get burned out.  Or lazy.  It's easier to slack off some.  Morris playing for his last long-term contract and last big payday had one last offseason to push himself.  And then focus for the season.  Congrats to him.

So can we do a sign and trade with Morris, so that a team would get him locked in for a few years, if they so wanted?  The SnT rules have changed and I don't think we can ... but maybe ...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:53:14 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: December 09, 2019, 10:43:22 AM »

True or false -

Given Knicks personnel, NY should have more than 4 wins right now.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: December 09, 2019, 11:19:20 AM »

Cool - and rare - interview with HERB WILLIAMS on NBA Radio a while ago

They wanted his view of current Knicks issues - in particular the Fizdale treatment.

Herb got through it wiohout torching the organization, summing things up with "it's tough in New York"

The hosts take had been that Knicks management never allows the coahing hires to simmer - never gives them enough time - citing especially Mike Woodson.

They also had a take that Knicks DESERVED to lose all of the last nine games, being that San Antonio wasnt really as bad as thye looked by record - and that the other 8 teams were playoff calibre.

So, OK -a  good coach should never beat a team that on paper has him out manned.  Got it.

The enormity of the defeats is what tilted the scale, they opined (that the losses were by such large figures vs DEN and MIL).  On this I can agree.  But this is more a defense of Mills, not a critique.

Losing by so much takes you from scrappy battling underdog status to LAUGHINGSTOCK pretty quickly.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: December 09, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »

Cool - and rare - interview with HERB WILLIAMS on NBA Radio a while ago
Herb got through it without torching the organization, summing things up with "it's tough in New York"

Uh, Herb was a long-time Dolan loyalist, the Mills of his day.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: December 09, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »

Yes,  But one of the FIRED.  Likely why they asked him on

Still works for MSG of course (assistant with Liberty)

Just wanted to call attention to the sighting.  Herb was trying hard not to laugh the whole time, knowing the road they were trying to lead him down.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »

Ibaka, Stanley Johnson, Patrick McCaw - and a #1 for Randle  and Morris

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: December 09, 2019, 01:35:55 PM »

I think even winning 30 games and falling short of the eight slot - in Mills/Perry's eyes - is a win.  And yeah, I know - for draft purposes -  its not so much.

Would be absolutely fine for draft purposes. Last year teams at 33-49 got the top two cherries.

Outlier

Won't happen again

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: December 09, 2019, 01:53:45 PM »

Interesting idea.
Though TOR wouldn't have a backup C (except green Boucher), and Ma Gasol is old. 

Keeping Ibaka and his expiring deal and their own #1 (in the 20's likely) gives them more flexibility than adding Randle's contract, while Morris could leave.  Kind of kills RHJ's minutes and he's been a big help on D.
Overall, I wouldn't do it if I were Torontoing.
I think TOR values continuity and chemistry.

As for the Knix, we'd get two reclamation guys who would compete in our already crowded wing rotation.
Trier - Dot - Ellington - McCaw
RJB - Knox - Stan John

So it all seems rather pointless just to get a late 1st rounder.

Creative though. 
But I'd try to get more for Morris.
But maybe a #22 pick and a Stan John is about what we can expect.
(And yes I still like StanJohn, but doubt being on a sloppy team without leadership and a crowded rotation won't help him.  Plus he's been injured all year).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: December 09, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »

Outlier

Won't happen again

Outlier of 1??? LOL..certainly might, law of independent trials, or it could be the 23-59, and 37-45, Silver got what he wanted, you can't game it or meaningfully aim for it, is there anything you don't understand about it?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:14:57 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: December 09, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »

Interesting idea.
Though TOR wouldn't have a backup C (except green Boucher), and Ma Gasol is old. 

Keeping Ibaka and his expiring deal and their own #1 (in the 20's likely) gives them more flexibility than adding Randle's contract, while Morris could leave.  Kind of kills RHJ's minutes and he's been a big help on D.

As for the Knix, we'd get two reclamation guys who would compete in our already crowded wing rotation.
RJB - Knox - Stan John

Creative though. 
(And yes I still like StanJohn, but doubt being on a sloppy team without leadership and a crowded rotation won't help him.  Plus he's been injured all year).

I see Trier, Dotson and Ellington as gone next year

Thin the herd and see some new faces

8 mil of Randle's 18 eaten up.  10 mil in space plus the first rounder plus the free looks at the duo is the payout.  Plus we could reroute Ibaka or even sign and trade him for 2020-21 pieces - unless you cant do that with a guy you just acquired.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: December 09, 2019, 02:33:43 PM »

Interesting idea.

RJB - Knox - Stan John

Creative though. 

I see Trier, Dotson and Ellington as gone next year

Thin the herd and see some new faces

8 mil of Randle's 18 eaten up.  10 mil in space plus the first rounder plus the free looks at the duo is the payout.  Plus we could reroute Ibaka or even sign and trade him for 2020-21 pieces - unless you cant do that with a guy you just acquired.

You have to wait 60 days (or is it 30 days) to trade someone you acquired if you're trading the player and other assets.  BUT if you are just trading the player that can be done right away. Remember when Sheed from Portland was an Atlanta Hawk for one game and was then moved to Detroit?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1848