Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 912108 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9495 on: December 19, 2019, 08:54:26 AM »

Imagining KP playing alongside Mitch Robinson, presenting one heck of a dual-shot blocking lane barrier — and opening up our lane on offense — a wee, wee bit like what-iffing the BK-Ewing pairing we were denied 30 years earlier. Carlyle using KP way differently than we were..at least at this stage of his comeback.

A poor rebounder in his first three seasons in the NBA, Porzingis is averaging a career-high nine boards per game, and he’s allowing opposing players to shoot just 47.4 percent at the rim, 2.6 points lower than back-to-back Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Gobert.

More important than how much Porzingis is scoring is where he’s scoring from. Porzingis is attempting a career-high 6.1 3s per game. He’s creating more room on the floor for his teammates while cutting in half the percentage of his offense that comes from the dreaded long 2-point range. He has gone from featured option to role player. Porzingis is averaging the fewest number of touches (53.9 per game) and the lowest average time of possession (1.4 per game) of his career. ......

Porzingis is a totally different player than he was with the Knicks. Instead of running the offense through him in the post and using his length to attack mismatches, the Mavs have turned their star big man into a 7-foot-3 shooting guard.

:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/12/18/21027309/kristaps-porzingis-dallas-mavericks-luka-doncic
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 09:04:50 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: December 19, 2019, 09:48:16 AM »

Smith and Portis for Teague and a #2.

Get a  look at Teague, see if he fits what we want to do next year.

Scalps 6 mil off next year's payroll if we dont keep him.  And the #2 might be 40-44ish - noit too bad.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: December 19, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »

Love the cherry pick off 25 games vs Rudy

A poor rebounder in his first three seasons in the NBA, Porzingis is averaging a career-high nine boards per game, and he’s allowing opposing players to shoot just 47.4 percent at the rim, 2.6 points lower than back-to-back Defensive Player of the Year Rudy Gobert.

But sure - KP seems to be boarding well with that group.   It would make sense.  Made a great move for a jam last night, one of several in the contest.  Seems happy.  And is playoff bound.  Can this be a two way street of happiness?  Should have kept Jordan - Gotta nail those picks.  And/or turn Smith into something

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: December 19, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »

Should have waited and made a better trade.
As in get at least one starter long-term.

Smith and Portis for Teague and a #2.
Get a  look at Teague, see if he fits what we want to do next year.
Scalps 6 mil off next year's payroll if we dont keep him.  And the #2 might be 40-44ish - noit too bad.

Hmm.  Best I came up with was Jr. Smith and Portis for Dieng and a 1st.  We'd be taking on Dieng's next year salary, so I wouldn't allow too much protection on that pick.  Maybe just not Top 5 in next year's draft.

Teague has never been that good and now he's old and not that good.  But I can't imagine MINNy wants to start Smith Jr. this year.  I assume they'd want to keep Teague and develop Smith as the backup PG. 

They've been doing a poor job building around KAT.   Covington was a great pickup.  Okogie an intriguing scrapper.  The rest of the team is pretty dang uninspired.  They wildly overpaid Wiggins, and he started off pretty hot this year.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »

Imagining KP playing alongside Mitch Robinson, presenting one heck of a dual-shot blocking lane barrier — and opening up our lane on offense — a wee, wee bit like what-iffing the BK-Ewing pairing we were denied 30 years earlier. Carlyle using KP way differently than we were..at least at this stage of his comeback.

Summer of '87, I was down in DC for a weekend, and I had dinner with my childhood sweetheart and a friend from high school.  The friend lived in Silver Spring, MD and chose a Jamaican restaurant there.  Halfway through our meal, Patrick Ewing walks in and stands around the counter waiting for them to get his enormous take out order together. 

I thought of going over and saying, "Hey Patrick, how's Bernard doing?  You guys are gonna kill it this year."  But I didn't bother him.  Then the stupid Knix let Bernard go in FA, and he winds up playing more games and more seasons in WASH than he did in NY.  #stupidknix.

At least I figured it must have really been a good Jamaican restaurant if PE from the island gets his chow there. 

I must have told that feeble story before  .. (?)
But just shows that I was patient and optimistic and played for a sucker by a dumb team.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:24:59 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: December 19, 2019, 11:22:36 AM »

Love the cherry pick off 25 games vs Rudy

Not sure how comparing one guy's season to another's is cherry-picking.  Probably just fake stats ...

I'd trade Jr. Smith to MIL for either DJ Flip Wilson or DiVicenzo.
Bled and Hill are injury prone types.  They don't use DJ Wil.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: December 19, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »

<I>The friend lived in Silver Spring, MD and chose a Jamaican restaurant there.</I>

Was it Negril?  Been there many times.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: December 19, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »

Probably.  Can't be too many Jamaican restaurants in SS.  IIRC, the place was fairly basic inside, decidedly no-frills.  In a strip mall, I believe.  But that's how it was circa 1987 ... and my memory could be less than stellar.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 12:24:03 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
LOL
« Reply #9503 on: December 19, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »

And you guys mock Perry & Mills. 

WOW. 

Keep your day jobs. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Worth Noting
« Reply #9504 on: December 19, 2019, 01:19:26 PM »

Dear Trader Vics

Besides the abject horror of the absurd proposed trades...might it not be prudent to, oh, I don't know...wait?

Have until February 15, right?

Might not we know/learn more about our "assets" as such, after a month or two playing in a non-Fizzdalian system; after a month or two or developing some semblance of a bond, of some chemistry, after how many new free agents (seven) and rookies (two) have had what, four exhibition games, and 28 regular season games to play together and get healthy? 

That is to say. 

Having a better idea of who might be keepers? 

Having a better idea as to who play well together? 

Having a better idea as to whom and what we are committed to moving forward? 

For instance, Jeff Teague. 

Ending contract.  I get it. 

Nice player. 

SO FUCKING WHAT.

Is 31.  Still has some gas left in the tank, but why has Minny soured on him?   A fine Free Throw shooter and distributor, observe if you might how dramatically his number of free throws has gone down these past three years.  An omen. 

Trade Dennis Smith for him?  Why not toss in Rod Strickland and see if we could get Mo Cheeks included? 

Seriously? 

What about the 31 year old Teague is better at this point than Payton.  And why give up on Smith for someone we could sign cheaply as a FA this summer?   

Elfrid will be 26 in February.  Stat wise, his 3-point shooting is up, his FT % is up, steals are up; his turnovers are down; alas, FG% and assists down...let's see where he is in a month of steady minutes and better fitness and health and familiarity. 

I liked Trey Burke, and I liked Emmanuel Mudiay, but adding them to the scrum last season inhibited the evolution of Ntilikina. 

We have Payton, Ntilikina, Smith, Allen. 

Dieng? 

This from the forum which mocked Mills for signing Timmy? 

Will be 30 in January.  Owed 16 million for 2019-2020, and 17 million for 2020-2021.

Hello? 

In what way shape or form is he a better fit than Gibson or Portis? 

NO ONE on this roster is exempt from consideration for trades.

[Save perhaps Mitchell, RJ and Kevin.] 

Even my beloved Morris. 

But seriously?  "The numbers work."  Cripes.  FUCK YOUR NUMBERS

A trade has to make sense. 

Clippers offering a #1 for MM?

Really? 

Be still my heart. 

I'd rather have Morris, competing with Kevin, making him better, making us better. 

Now, a #1 and Moe Harkless?  Fuck MOE. 

Landry Shamet?  Montrezl Harrell?  Now those are some ACTUAL ASSETS we could grow forward with. 

We don't need a second tier 3&D.  Shamet can SHOOT.  And Harrell may be an undersized C-PF, but he is a beast.

Why would Clippers sacrifice them? 

If they want Morris THAT BAD, got to give to get.   

By the way, the Clippers traded all of their #1 picks for Paul George, save for #26.  The #1 they do have this coming summer is the Sixers' pick from the Tobias Harris trade, presently #25. 

Be still my heart.  For Morris? 

Cough. 

Our personnel needs an opportunity to evolve in Miller's new system, to play healthy and to play together. 

Most of the trade proposals I have seen here, elsewhere in the media and on line, are jokes.  Fire sales. 

We are presently, what, 7-21? 

HOW THE FUCK IS JAKE LAYMAN going to impact our evolution, team chemistry...win-loss record? 

Any deals we could make now, we could make in February.

I know I am traditionally a broken record in this regard, but I have never been a fan of reflexive, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD trades.  or trades for the sake of trades. 

Morris could leave as a FA this summer?

Fair enough. 

Just for the growth in Knox, he would have been a good rental. 

Payton's team option is 8 million. 

Payton-Ntilikina-Smith TOGETHER are on the books for roughly 20 million next season. 

Trier and Dotson come off the books this summer. 

Is RJ our 2 or our 3 going forward? 

Is Knox capable of being a 3 and a 4? 

Mitchell's team option comes due in 2021-2022. 

If we are going to suck in 2019-2020, we might just as well suck with Morris and Portis and Smith, as with Dieng, Teague and Layman. 

Get a GRIP people. 

PS: Dawg and Carlos and the Forum were right about Fizz.  I was wrong.  Don't know if Miller is the chosen one, but so far, so good.  Miami and Milwaukee could not come at a better time.  REALITY CHECK. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:41:49 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
RJ + Hope > Character
« Reply #9505 on: December 19, 2019, 01:47:42 PM »

His first NBA head coach has been fired. His team has one of the worst records in the league. And there is constant drama surrounding the CEO of the franchise and speculation about the front office’s future. But New York Knicks rookie RJ Barrett doesn’t seem overwhelmed by basketball life in the big city. “I’m 19 with no pressure on me. I go out and play basketball, the game that I love. I am in the NBA. Why would I let something like that mess me up?” Barrett recently told The Undefeated.

“[Fizdale] and Smart were the ones that gave me my first chance in this league,” Barrett said. “It’s tough for me to see them go. But there are always more games and I have a job to do. You have to move on. You can’t look back ever in this league. … “I knew it was a business coming in. I’m happy to have really strong vets. Taj keeps telling me, ‘Stay straight, young fella. Don’t veer off. Stay with it.’ ”

Barrett added that he is also trying to get better by watching his diet, staying late after practice and returning to the gym to get up more shots. “I’m here every night and play every night except for the one time when I was sick,” he said. “I’m always there for my team. I always try to do the best I can for the group no matter what it is. If I don’t score and I get 10 assists, that’s a good game.”

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: December 19, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »

Summer of '87, I was down in DC for a weekend, and I had dinner with my childhood sweetheart and a friend from high school.  The friend lived in Silver Spring, MD and chose a Jamaican restaurant there.  Halfway through our meal, Patrick Ewing walks in and stands around the counter waiting for them to get his enormous take out order together. 

I thought of going over and saying, "Hey Patrick, how's Bernard doing?  You guys are gonna kill it this year."  But I didn't bother him.  Then the stupid Knix let Bernard go in FA, and he winds up playing more games and more seasons in WASH than he did in NY.  #stupidknix.

At least I figured it must have really been a good Jamaican restaurant if PE from the island gets his chow there. 

I must have told that feeble story before  .. (?)
But just shows that I was patient and optimistic and played for a sucker by a dumb team.

May have been the team order.

What is really in the news with Patrick is the 4 players that left this year's pretty good Georgetown squad - 2 under possibly criminal circumstances and at least one other who just wanted to ready himself for the draft.

Team is still forging ahead though.  First game without the 4-some - including the lead guard - saw them defeat a previously unbeaten OK State.  Mac MCCLUNG - the hot shot combo guard that had been averaging just 12 a night (deferring), gets 33 his first game as headliner. 

Mac's got some Jimmer in him, surely.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: December 19, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »

Teague has never been that good and now he's old and not that good.  But I can't imagine MINNy wants to start Smith Jr. this year. 

heh

re:  Teague-won

Well, we cant just hold out for the 1/2% of NBA players that you champion.

I was figuring Minnesota looking toward next year- but you could be right - maybe they have eyes on that 8th seed full throttle - in which case they don't give up JT.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: December 19, 2019, 04:11:14 PM »

“[Fizdale] and Smart were the ones that gave me my first chance in this league,” Barrett said. “It’s tough for me to see them go. But there are always more games and I have a job to do. You have to move on. You can’t look back ever in this league. … “I knew it was a business coming in. I’m happy to have really strong vets. Taj keeps telling me, ‘Stay straight, young fella. Don’t veer off. Stay with it.’ ”

a)  Fiz was going for Williamson
b)  It was Knicks BRASS that gave you the chance, RJ.  What was Fizdale to do - not coach you?
c)  The"it's a business" line is tired.  You went to DUKE, for fuck's sake  Have an insight.
d)  Don't veer off?  To where?  This cat was raised right -  but I guess he was just answering dumbfuck reporter's query.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: December 19, 2019, 04:13:33 PM »

"If I don't score and I get ten assists, it's a good game"

No.  Really - it isn't, RJ.  Learn the league and your potential part in it.  You are being counted on.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1848