Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917229 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9675 on: December 26, 2019, 09:13:12 AM »

Clarkson isn't a PG, he's a Craw type combo-gunner.
And they did that move to dump Exum's money and get an expiring Clarkson.  Clarkson is intended to bolster their anemic bench.

Okogie started 52/74 games he played last year as a rook (#20 pick).  And 12/27 this year.  Nice hustle, defense, glue guy, and doesn't need the ball which is helpful with KAT and Wiggins out there (and Covington who doesn't get enough touches as it is).

Okogie needs to improve his 3-ball (he was starting to hit them okay, then ran into a 1-15 slump his last 5 games).  21 years old with a solid 6'4" body.  I liked him last year, haven't seen him this year, but most of his numbers are up a bit.

They drafted 6'6" Culver with the 6th overall pick.  And he's been starting over Okogie much of their losing streak.  Culver also 3-challenged (just 24%).  Kiid was ridiculing RJB the other day, but Culver's shooting splits are just 36% / 24% / 43%.   Kid thought Barrett's splits might be the worst ever, but here's a guy taken 3 spots behind him shooting across-the-board worse than RJB 39.4 / 31.1 / 54.9 in every category.   

Anyway, I think Okogie is a reasonably valuable player.  If he can make open 3's, he'd be a nice player.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:16:42 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9676 on: December 26, 2019, 09:14:14 AM »

I was wondering if there's someway we can get Iguodala and then flip him to a playoff team.  We have pieces MEMf can use.  Or if we can be in a 3-way for Iggy.  Lakes don't have much to trade (which is why they can't make a deal directly with the Griz).
But HOU could give us House or McLemore.  Not great, but better than our current SG's.  And if DEN is interested, they have guys we can use (and probably Memf could as well).

"We got bullied on the boards. They dominated us with their physicality," Nuggets coach Michael Malone said. "We don't have a match-up for Ingram. So I've got to do a better job helping our guys out."

Well, if DEN can't guard Ingram, they certainly have no answer for LeBJ, Kawhi, PG etc.  As I've been saying.  So they should want Morris or Iggy (though they probably could get Iggy without our help).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 09:20:20 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Latest RUMOR
« Reply #9677 on: December 26, 2019, 09:43:29 AM »

Marc Berman, clearly off his meds, is not a piker like BoD and FWK. 

When he concocts a phantasmagorical trade scenario for our Knucks to pursue, well...bow your heads in shame and awe, Trader Vics of this forum. 

KARL

ANTHONY

TOWNS. 

And to all a goodnight. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: December 26, 2019, 10:08:07 AM »

Unfortunately, KAT already signed an extension and is having a career year.  Be a great guy to land/build around.
Maybe with MINN struggling try to see what it would take to get Covington.  Strong 2-way player on a cheap contract.

I ran into one site with some not terribly appealing Knick trade ideas.  This was their best:

KNICKS get
AARON GORDON
D.J. AUGUSTIN

MAGIC get
DENNIS SMITH JR.
GORAN DRAGIC
DERRICK JONES JR.

HEAT get
JULIUS RANDLE
WESLEY IWUNDU

I'm not a Gordon fan, but I'd take him over Randle.  Gordon is long and bouncy and switchable.  The author seems to think Randle is a great fit in Spoelstraland.  Though I thought they like to keep the ball moving and play hard-nosed D.

I realize Dragic is always injured, and MIA has compensated, but I imagine they'd want an actual PG on their roster.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: December 26, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »

You like HARDLY ANYBODY
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: December 26, 2019, 10:36:54 AM »

I like almost everyone on BOS and LAC ...
And most of INDy, UTA, MIA, TOR.

Speaking of MINNy above, KG is in a newly released Safdie Brothers film, Uncut Gems, starring Adam Sandler.  Getting good reviews, and Garnett supposedly has a small pivotal role and is quite good in it.  I think it's a gambling or maybe heist film.

Kam seems to be our go-to film guy.  Maybe he'll see it and report back.  Shanghai used to have dvd shops everywhere, but the last three I knew of all closed this year between April and Sept.  No idea where to buy a cheap DVd anymore, which is a sea change for Shanghai.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 10:40:27 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: December 26, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »

I like almost everyone on BOS and LAC ...
And most of INDy, UTA, MIA, TOR.

Speaking of MINNy above, KG is in a newly released Safdie Brothers film, Uncut Gems, starring Adam Sandler.  Getting good reviews, and Garnett supposedly has a small pivotal role and is quite good in it.  I think it's a gambling or maybe heist film.

Kam seems to be our go-to film guy.  Maybe he'll see it and report back.  Shanghai used to have dvd shops everywhere, but the last three I knew of all closed this year between April and Sept.  No idea where to buy a cheap DVd anymore, which is a sea change for Shanghai.

Re Uncut Gems-haven't seen it yet, but probably will, and it centers around NYC diamond trade and illegal gambling/bookies-its gotten pretty good reviews

Sandler and KG recently did a podcast with Bill Simmons that was very entertaining

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/2019/12/18/21027458/adam-sandler-and-kevin-garnett-on-uncut-gems-and-the-iverson-era

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: December 26, 2019, 12:53:04 PM »

I saw Uncut Gems. Very good, very intense and a decent way to break my long-held vow to never spend a cent on an Adam Sandler movie.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Vic's
« Reply #9683 on: December 26, 2019, 04:25:15 PM »

Accept no substitutes. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trader Vic's
« Reply #9684 on: December 26, 2019, 07:05:33 PM »

Accept no substitutes.

WBW-my parents took their 3 kids to NYC for the 1964 World Fair and we had a blast. But for all the exotic and wonderful exhibits giving us a glimpse of the future, and all the world's strange and unusual gustatory delights (who knew about Belgian Waffles?) gathered in Queens for the World's Fair, this 13 year old, was totally blown away by Trader Vic's, truly the most exotic place in the world. Drinking punch from a skeleton mug while dining on authentic Polynesian poo-poo platters -how cool was that?

The place was over the top great.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: December 26, 2019, 07:40:26 PM »

Clarkson isn't a PG, he's a Craw type combo-gunner.
And they did that move to dump Exum's money and get an expiring Clarkson.  Clarkson is intended to bolster their anemic bench.

Okogie started 52/74 games he played last year as a rook (#20 pick).  And 12/27 this year.  Nice hustle, defense, glue guy, and doesn't need the ball which is helpful with KAT and Wiggins out there (and Covington who doesn't get enough touches as it is).

Okogie needs to improve his 3-ball (he was starting to hit them okay, then ran into a 1-15 slump his last 5 games).  21 years old with a solid 6'4" body.  I liked him last year, haven't seen him this year, but most of his numbers are up a bit.

They drafted 6'6" Culver with the 6th overall pick.  And he's been starting over Okogie much of their losing streak.  Culver also 3-challenged (just 24%).  Kiid was ridiculing RJB the other day, but Culver's shooting splits are just 36% / 24% / 43%.   Kid thought Barrett's splits might be the worst ever, but here's a guy taken 3 spots behind him shooting across-the-board worse than RJB 39.4 / 31.1 / 54.9 in every category.   

Anyway, I think Okogie is a reasonably valuable player.  If he can make open 3's, he'd be a nice player.

Well, Bo, unlike Chip I happen to think we're pretty decent GMs.

The call went out for improbable trades and I heralded the call.

For DSJ all I did was connect  a speculative rumor that Minny was interested and then researched the entire corpus of basketball scouting to find little more that a warm NBA body one bench position closer to the coach than the 15th man.  Its what GMs do Bo.  And for that you dismiss my trade proposal as  too improbable for your taste.

And Utah.  What are they winning this year?  the answer: NADA.  Conley is an expensive way to lose for them.  Hell they could lose with DSJ and save a ton of money but I didn't propose that did I? All I wanted to do as a GM was to move Randle as far into the desert as I possibly could.  Somewhere between Area 51 and a nuclear waste site. I even tried to make it so one sided that Chip would scream that I was giving away - *gasp* - yet another future that we should just be patient for.

And my last nugget, just get our lazy kids out of here and give me somebody else's lazy kids.  IS THAT TOO  MUCH TO ASK?

If this keeps up Chip will go back to reviewing Jazz and calling them names.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
At the half
« Reply #9686 on: December 26, 2019, 08:38:53 PM »

8 fg made for Randle  on 8 for 14 shooting
9 fg made for the rest of the team on 9 for 36 shooting

17-50 at the half
but up 46-41 over the Nets
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
the miller effect
« Reply #9687 on: December 26, 2019, 09:53:04 PM »

Miller has as many wins as Fizdale did in half as many games

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: December 26, 2019, 10:01:53 PM »

Unfortunately, KAT already signed an extension and is having a career year.  Be a great guy to land/build around.
Maybe with MINN struggling try to see what it would take to get Covington.  Strong 2-way player on a cheap contract.

I ran into one site with some not terribly appealing Knick trade ideas.  This was their best:

KNICKS get
AARON GORDON
D.J. AUGUSTIN

MAGIC get
DENNIS SMITH JR.
GORAN DRAGIC
DERRICK JONES JR.

HEAT get
JULIUS RANDLE
WESLEY IWUNDU

I'm not a Gordon fan, but I'd take him over Randle.  Gordon is long and bouncy and switchable.  The author seems to think Randle is a great fit in Spoelstraland.  Though I thought they like to keep the ball moving and play hard-nosed D.

I realize Dragic is always injured, and MIA has compensated, but I imagine they'd want an actual PG on their roster.

You are right. They are wrong. Anyone with eyes can see what Miami is doing and why they're winning. They are fucking 22-8 and they whip the ball around. Their chemistry is off the charts. We would kill to have those guys as Knicks.

Randle makes no sense.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks historic defensive effort
« Reply #9689 on: December 26, 2019, 10:05:58 PM »

Somewhere David Fizdale is smiling, the Knicks held the nets to just 8 2pt fg made.
Setting a record low, (the previous was 11) since the introdiction of the 3pt line in 1979-1980. (the modern era)
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 1848