Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899929 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7635 on: September 27, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

Last year we had an ill-matched roster without one legit starter.  Or maybe one depending how you view Kanter in the modern NBA.  You know who led the Knix in Points per game?  The Mudman.  (Tim had more while he was here).

Fizz led the tank and it got us a #3 pick.
It was a development and reclamation year.
Zonja, Burke, Mud and Vonleh all averaged over 20 mins per game.
So did Mitch, Knox, Franc, Trier and Datsun.
Reclamations and yute.

This year we have more talent.
Randle and to a lesser extent Morris are solid starters.
Taj is aging but still a starting level player.  Portis nearly one as well.
So the Knix can just invent Powerball and start 4 PF's.

There's a lot of depth, but the Knix still have an unbalanced roster.
The Guard rotation is pretty up in the air.  We have 3 very young players who need lots of minutes.  No legit starting level PG.

So it's another development year.  No one expects these Knix to make the playoffs.  Or win half the games.  Under Fizz, lots of guys improved and many achieved above expectations.  I'd say that goes for Mitch, Mud, Kanter, Vonleh Trier, Dot, while Knox showed flashes.  That's half the roster.  While Kornet improved on D.

It's also a lot of guys who haven't played together.
Mitch, Knox, Trier, Dot, Franc the only guys who were here all last year.  And they all have limited NBA experience.

A lot of new faces, a lot of guys on short contracts, a lot of competition.
That certainly doesn't spell chemistry.
I'd say Fizz has his work cut out for him, managing minutes, egos, roles, while trying to balance vets and yute development, and figure out a sustainable G rotation.

So I think this on-the-clock BS is nonsense.  NY impatience.
Another development year.  More pieces to work with, but still an odd overloaded roster. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Rosy Cheeked Nonsense
« Reply #7636 on: September 27, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »

Last year we had an ill-matched roster without one legit starter.  Or maybe one depending how you view Kanter in the modern NBA.  You know who led the Knix in Points per game?  The Mudman.  (Tim had more while he was here).

Fizz led the tank and it got us a #3 pick.
It was a development and reclamation year.
Zonja, Burke, Mud and Vonleh all averaged over 20 mins per game.
So did Mitch, Knox, Franc, Trier and Datsun.
Reclamations and yute.

This year we have more talent.
Randle and to a lesser extent Morris are solid starters.
Taj is aging but still a starting level player.  Portis nearly one as well.
So the Knix can just invent Powerball and start 4 PF's.

There's a lot of depth, but the Knix still have an unbalanced roster.
The Guard rotation is pretty up in the air.  We have 3 very young players who need lots of minutes.  No legit starting level PG.

So it's another development year.  No one expects these Knix to make the playoffs.  Or win half the games.  Under Fizz, lots of guys improved and many achieved above expectations.  I'd say that goes for Mitch, Mud, Kanter, Vonleh Trier, Dot, while Knox showed flashes.  That's half the roster.  While Kornet improved on D.

It's also a lot of guys who haven't played together.
Mitch, Knox, Trier, Dot, Franc the only guys who were here all last year.  And they all have limited NBA experience.

A lot of new faces, a lot of guys on short contracts, a lot of competition.
That certainly doesn't spell chemistry.
I'd say Fizz has his work cut out for him, managing minutes, egos, roles, while trying to balance vets and yute development, and figure out a sustainable G rotation.

So I think this on-the-clock BS is nonsense.  NY impatience.
Another development year.  More pieces to work with, but still an odd overloaded roster.

Agree with much of what you said, save for how no one expects us to win half of our games and [cough] nonsense. 

As you may or may not recall, I am and have remained a Fizdale booster.

Yes, the Knicks roster is a grab bag assembled on the fly and yes, this is another developmental year...but we have some solid veterans and in Robinson, Knox, Smith, Ntilikina, Trier, Dotson, RJ and Iggy we have some nice developmental pieces. 

Fizdale is indeed on the clock, not because of NYC impatience, but because the tanking/developmental narrative is kind of played out. 

Yes, we are still in possession of all our #1 picks, and yes, we are bringing along our puppies with some patience. 

The impatience comes from the way Fizz yo-yoed some players, and how for all the happy faces about developing players, Mills & Perry basically jettisoned Mudiay, Vonleh, Kornet and Hezonja, who all made progress. 

The brain trust thus determined that their progress was insufficient. 

And so, in going from Plan A [Developmental] to Plan B [Big Name Long Term Free Agents] to Plan C [Short Term, Moderate Value, Low Risk Free Agents] we are still sorting things out. 

The efficacy of Plan C thus depends on Fizdale establishing some sort of consistent, coherent, sustainable culture and team identity. 

And that my friend, is not nonsense, that is REALITY.   

What is nonsense?

The bleatings of we suck, we suck, we suck among the groundlings. 

We have an interesting roster, and some real talent. 

Seventeen wins last season?

Are 33-36-39 wins this season so beyond the pale? 

I don't think so, and that is FIZZ's challenge, and for that, yes, he is on the clock. 

But hey, I go into every season kind of blushing like a 13 year old girl, all rosy cheeked and such. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:15:39 PM by chipstern »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Rosy Cheeked Nonsense INDEED
« Reply #7637 on: September 27, 2019, 09:43:53 PM »

YESSSSSSSSS

I say 20.

(if we're lucky)

MR. BS
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:49:01 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7638 on: September 27, 2019, 09:46:44 PM »

Smith VS Peyton VS Ntilinkina

vs LAMAR PETERS

Shakes and bakes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIA_uMKANI

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7639 on: September 27, 2019, 09:47:51 PM »

Peters and Iggy are the 2 most interesting guys in camp

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
NOT BS
« Reply #7640 on: September 27, 2019, 09:55:04 PM »

PETE ALONSO 52
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 02:17:56 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Rosy Cheeked Nonsense
« Reply #7641 on: September 28, 2019, 06:10:14 AM »

The efficacy of Plan C thus depends on Fizdale establishing some sort of consistent, coherent, sustainable culture and team identity. 

With another hastily patched together roster, albeit this time one with more talent.  Some team stability and player continuity would help things.
And that's not on Fizzbottom.

I don't think so, and that is FIZZ's challenge, and for that, yes, he is on the clock. 

I just don't see the difference between 33 or 36 W's or even on up to the unlikely 39 W's.  I'm more interested in developing our many yute, figuring out which pieces fit (for now, around Mitch, Randle and Barrett), and finding a legit starting PG (either internally or external).

A 30+ W total is completely irrelevant to me.  And of course the closer to 30, the higher the draft pick.  So for me it's a wash.  A 2nd year coach is on the clock to produce a 36 W season in a development year? Sounds kind of dumb to me.  And yes, like those only-in-NY issues.

Fizz has a tough job coming up.
But I think really the pressure is on the front office to upgrade the talent and thin the herd and get some continuity, while evaluating the yute. Knix will be rife for an in-season trade.  Need to make it count.

Knix really need a starting caliber PG.  So Jr. Smith, Elf and Franc are on the clock.  Knix also need to unearth a 3&D wing.  This is where the league has gone and the Knix haven't.  Along with good 3-point shooters (we have journeyman Ellington and uh, Morris?  Knox?).  A dynamic scoring PG and a 3&D wing are keys in this league.  And 3-shooters.  Cupboards bare, papabear.  We do have a rim-protecting, lob smashing, perimeter defending C in Mitch.  (the other C option is a rim-defending 3-point shooter -- Ma Gasol, Brookez).

That's how teams are built these days.  That's what the competition has.
Of my 4-item checklist, Knix have filled one with a nice raw C talent (an astute but essentially lucky 2nd round find).

Otherwise, in a minor key, Knix probably also need to choose between Trier and Dot, before one or both have little value.  And between Portis and Morris.  And if Barrett and Knox can coexist longterm.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
So...
« Reply #7642 on: September 28, 2019, 03:17:48 PM »

Morris doesn't qualify as a 3&D at SF?

K

Likewise your "choice" between Portis and Morris baffles me. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7643 on: September 28, 2019, 05:34:30 PM »

Morris?  Yeah, sort of.  He's a league average 3-shooter.  And more of a PF than switch-everything wing defender.  But yeah, he's more or less a 3&D F. 

Morris just signed for one year.
Knix have a $15M Y2 team option on Portis.
Likely we commit to one of them long term and let the other one go.  Portis much younger and fits better on the Mitch/RJB/Knox timeframe.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Carlos
« Reply #7644 on: September 30, 2019, 12:51:52 AM »

Says 20.

_________...

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Wanna bet?
« Reply #7645 on: September 30, 2019, 01:16:49 AM »

Carlos Says 20.

_________...

Chip says 36.

😂🤣

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7646 on: September 30, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »

I say one more than Carlos.
Piss poor front office. Worst coach in the league. Worst owner in the league. Just too hard to overcome all that....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7647 on: September 30, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »

20-26 wins is the floor.   27-32 wins is the ceiling.   I will pick a number between 20 and 32 eventually.   I'm not making my prediction yet.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7648 on: September 30, 2019, 12:51:45 PM »

Lets talk about players, not wins

Coach won't be held to any standard - and is here for at least 2 more seasons

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7649 on: September 30, 2019, 12:54:04 PM »

Along with Fizdale, the Knicks interviewed Mark Jackson, Mike Budenholzer, David Blatt, Mike Brown, Jerry Stackhouse, Mike Woodson, Kenny Smith, and James Borrego for their vacant head coaching position.

So, how did we do?  Lets keep this list in mind as we go forward
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 [510] 511 512 ... 1844