Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899608 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7695 on: October 08, 2019, 03:38:07 PM »

Rui wasn’t the best rookie out there, though he’ll be a fine pro. Washington is going nowhere. I’m curious how we stack up against teams in our division.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Well Now...
« Reply #7696 on: October 08, 2019, 04:33:01 PM »

Hopefully we will really stink up the Garden on Friday so that Dawgy Bag & Pedro Pendejo can engorge their penile pencils, reach full satirical tumescence, and make with the money shots to advance their peevish narratives witty ejaculations.

Yo Los,

I think he's busting on us! Why's he busting on us like that?

*** I think might have something to do with my aversion to FIZcheese°

I don’t know. Maybe we are INCOMPRENDIDOS. But I hope he’s right and we’re wrong about da Knicks and even Phony Phizz.

PS. I’m out of town and haven’t seen any games.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:48:55 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Well Now...
« Reply #7697 on: October 08, 2019, 06:45:28 PM »

Hopefully we will really stink up the Garden on Friday so that Dawgy Bag & Pedro Pendejo can engorge their penile pencils, reach full satirical tumescence, and make with the money shots to advance their peevish narratives witty ejaculations.

Yo Los,

I think he's busting on us! Why's he busting on us like that?

*** I think might have something to do with my aversion to FIZcheese°

If the condom fits, wear it...

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: October 08, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »

No trades, unless a guy is earning pine time

Word

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: October 08, 2019, 07:12:07 PM »

Marcus Morris best player on floor last night, pre-ejection

HACHIMURA was second (if not Beal)

MM was impressive.

So was Hachimura, who has been getting widely dissed.  He is A PLAYA.  And is going to be an excellent pro.  Good pick. 

RJ is also a PLAYA

Obviously [OBVIOUSLY] his jumper is a work in progress, and his FT shooting is problematic. 

And yet. 

He was clanging iron like a cowbell percussionist in the first half...

And yet...

He hit a pair of treys in the third off of good ball movement, pure and sweet, with no hitch. 

His FT shooting was problematic at Duke, a curious kink in his armor, and was 1-3 in through three quarters.

AND YET...

At crunch time he cooly drained a pair to seal the deal. 

Szerbiak and Hahn were both enthusing about this 6'7" 19-year old having a mature NBA body. 

Impressive. 

And yet...

What caught my attention was his defensive focus and intensity, this having been adjudged another kink in his armor. 

K?

But what really caught my attention were all the little ways he MADE PLAYS, for himself and team mates, whether or not the fruit was falling: that beautiful back cut off of a Gibson pass; his court vision handling the ball; his nose for getting to the hoop and finishing. 

And given Durant's Knicks comments.

Free agents averse to NY?

Hey, knock yourself out. 

With Puppies like RJ, Knox and Mitch, let alone Frank and Dennis and Alonzo and Iggy, building purposefully through the draft, and a mix of young vets [Peyton, Randle, Portis] and graybeards [Morris, Gibson, Ellington], this incurable pom pom gurl is prepared to be patient. 

PS: Boy did Morris ever answer those questions about why we reached out.  An all-around inside outside gamer, who plays D and appears prepared to bring the snark and confer it to his teammates (though hopefully not in as dumb ass a manner as last night...you wanna send a message...call Western Union).  Taj appeared very spry, boarding and keying ball movement, hitting treys and playing D.  And Ellington showed some defensive presence as well...we knew he could hit treys.  Makes me wonder what Reggie  might bring.

PPS: As per the TRADE CHIP Narrative?  The free agent class is pretty weak next summer, and I am not sanguine about The Greek Freak's eagerness to play in New York.  Someone would have to offer something particularly sweet for trades to be on the table.  Hell, for Knox to bang against Morris, Mitch against Taj, and RJ against Ellington every day in practice, let alone those vets coming to play. 

PPPS: And as per Pendejo Pablo and his FIZZ SUCKS NARRATIVE, well, we shall see, but I saw some things last night which gave me pause, though perhaps being a tad early for out and out HOPE.  Playing TO WIN in a meaningless game, and in the final minutes, who was on the floor?  One graybeard in Ellington, the rest, all Puppies: Mitch, RJ, Frank and Knox.  That is to say, okay motherfuckers, let's see what it feels like to CLOSE OUT a game.

PPPPS: Again, a wounded roster of Wizards, and while RJ played Beal well, it was only for 16 minutes, but I thought Fizz's looks and rotations were interesting, the manner in which he has the team pushing the ball and playing with some pace, and My GOD, might we actually play DEFENSE this season?  Stay fucking tuned. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:14:08 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: October 08, 2019, 07:13:12 PM »

Morris is really going to love being more of a top dog.  Has to keep his cool though (ejected just after half)

WORD

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: October 09, 2019, 10:41:04 AM »

I like Payton - I believe I have said a few times.  I also favor a pecking order rather than a SHARE of the position

The analysis has been - How will DS Jr react should he become a bench player (say.....playing 16-18 minutes to Elfrid's 30-32? 

Pending further review - but I say the only harm in finding out is that fans say we didnt get so much from the KP deal (-------to which I reply, "so fucking what?-------)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: October 09, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »

We farked up, that's so f-in' what . . .

If we start Elfin, we're in trouble.
He's a quality backup PG.
I never got much of a read on Jr. Smith.
I didn't see him play with NYK much.
It'd be disappointing if Elf is our best PG.

I'd like to see Jr. Smith push the pace with Barrett flying along and Randle rumbling behind.  Mitch gets down court nicely too.
Early offense.  Get some easy buckets.  Randle is quite good on the break.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: October 09, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »

It'd be disappointing if Elf is our best PG.

Why?  Because its his third team?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: October 09, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »

Just saying....

keep an eye on Barrett's comfort level with Elfrid vs with Dennis.

chipstern

• View Profile
Dennis-Elfrid-Frank
« Reply #7705 on: October 09, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »

Seems like a good problem to have. 

"Uhh, Chip..."

OK, Okay...

Trey-Emmanuel-Frank

Yes, the memory lingers. 

Trey had a nice outing for Philly in their match-up with the Foreign Legion.  Emmanuel is sitting out with a thigh injury. 

As for this year's scrum? 

Elfrid is a pure PG. 

Dennis is a Westbrook in waiting [well...one can hope]

Frank is a hybrid 1-2-3. 

I could see lineups where we go three wings with Frank/Elfrid and Dennis and RJ. 

Knicks have a trad of multi-headed PGs: Harper and Anthony; Ward & Childs...

Not an advocacy, just saying: we have three young PGs with contrasting, possibly even complementary skill sets. 

And considering the kind of pace/tempo Fizz seems to be promulgating, and the kind of defensive aggression he is encouraging, we are going to be fouling a lot, guys are going to get gassed, and cats need to remain ready and pull for each other. 

Even more of a scrum at SG/Pseudo-SF-Big Wings. 

RJ ain't going to play 40 a might, but he is going to get burn. 

Fizz's deployment of Ellington last night was telling, and effective, on both defense and offense. 

Barrett-Ellington-Trier-Dotson-Bullock

Hell, Dotson and Bullock are both on the mend. 

With Robinson-Randle-Gibson-Portis-Morris we have the pieces to play big...

Knox-Iggy-RJ giving coverage at the 3 & 2. 

Kornet-Vonleh-Herzonja-Mudiay

or

Portis-Gibson-Morris-Peyton

Porzingis

or

Randle

Kanter

or

Robinson

Hardaway

or

Smith

WE SHALL SEE

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: October 09, 2019, 02:42:37 PM »

Barrett, Randle and Morris will play many, MANY minutes

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile...
« Reply #7707 on: October 09, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »

Kevin Knox didn’t practice for the Knicks today because of a strained right calf. Bobby Portis and Dennis Smith Jr. were limited in practice. Wayne Ellington was out because of illness.

Friday is a long way off, but still, we do not lack for eager beavers. 

Someone sits, someone gets up off the pine. 

Pleased to hear that the league let Malevolent Morris float on his Rick Mahorn gesture. 

Message delivered...let's leave it at that. 

I do believe the motivation to be THE MAIN MAN (well, A Main Man, along with Randle) will engender at bit of restraint with MM, who demonstrated an effective inside/outside game, and that he could put the ball on the floor, and create his own shot off of the dribble. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/6462/marcus-morris

And if you look at MM's stats and his evolution over his first nine years in the league, over the past two seasons in Boston, playing like 27 minutes a night, he demonstrated a significant uptick on FT% [84.4] and rebounding [6.1].

His previous two seasons in Detroit, when playing starter's minutes, he averaged 2.5 an 2.0 assists. 

Nice all-around game for a 6'9" [pending sneaker-less height correction], 235 pounder, even as a graybeard who just turned 30 on September 2.  Given extra responsibility as a tone setter and bell cow, as per Coach Fizdale, MM might still be maturing, and could just have a chance to really blossom in the Garden. 

One and done?

We shall see. 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: October 09, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »

Barrett, Randle and Morris will play many, MANY minutes

Got THAT Right. 

I am particularly keen to see Julius match up with Kristaps in the Garden.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: October 09, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »

Not me.  No extra meaning to that.

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 1844