Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914487 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7845 on: October 20, 2019, 11:12:58 AM »

development year for a coach????

lol.

Knicks were Budenholzer's first choice. Ain't been a bigger swing n' miss since Weiss/Artest.

We don't need a year to evaluate Fiz and you don't need all-stars to evaluate end game or time-out strategy progress (none, so far). Fifth-grade players would suffice.

His undeserved blank notebook opens up Oct. 23. Suspect won't need to fill 82 pages.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:16:15 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: October 20, 2019, 12:26:19 PM »

Well, we didn't hire a veteran coach.  So you have to allow your young coach to learn and grow.  Patience. 

We've given him a lot of roster churn and not that great talent.  I wasn't a Fizz fan, but I thought last year he did allow everyone to show their stuff and most of our yute and reclamations improved.  And he got us a very high draft pick.  I have last year marked as a success. 

I expect a little more from Fizz this year, and some more W's, but it's again a development year, with little continuity, lots of new faces, a crowded roster, lots of yute and vets who need/want minutes.  Not an easy gig. 

I'd call this Y2 of a 5 to 7 year development process.  So I'm willing to be patient.  Including with the coaching.  I don't see any benefit from coaching churn. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: October 20, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »

jeez...doesn't that fact that I'm still here imply patience? Now in it's 20th, er...48th year.

OK. 

You go Fizz. Show me...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Fizzy
« Reply #7848 on: October 20, 2019, 04:23:50 PM »

I thought coaches were supposed to be teachers.

Guess that does not apply to Phony Phizz. He’s learning.

OK 👌
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: October 20, 2019, 04:40:07 PM »

Knicks were Budenholzer's first choice.

White dude

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: October 20, 2019, 06:10:13 PM »

I don't think it's surprising or unusual that there is a learning curve to being an NBA head coach.

Last year I thought everyone -- lots of unknown yute and reclamations -- improved or exceeded expectations, except Franc and Zonja.  I give Fizz credit for that.  He seems good at empowering and developing young players.  This year he has that to do, while mixing in a lot of vets as well.

It'd be nice if the Knix could have some stability and continuity -- front office, coaches, players.  I'd like to see Fizz get 3 solid years to prove his worth.  Players seem to like him and he seems a good development coach.  Maybe he can grow with the team and become a long term fixture.  Maybe he's just a 3 year development coach and can hand off the development to a coach who can take us to the playoffs.

I like that the Knix were finally willing to bottom out and get a high pick.  Wish we did it with the talented KZ in the hold.  We're about to start Y2 of a (mostly) total rebuild. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: October 20, 2019, 08:01:06 PM »

Why was Fizdale really fired from Memphis?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: October 20, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »

Nice job by Bradley Beal, accepting less than MAX from Wizards (Beal gets 2-72 extension)

chipstern

• View Profile
Budenholzer
« Reply #7853 on: October 21, 2019, 12:05:38 AM »

Is it worth suggesting that perhaps Coach has a more talented, coherent roster, a genuine superstar, and a more mature, culture in place to work with than Fizz has to work with in NY. 

PS: You want to talk about shitty play calling?  How the Giants Coach Murmur.  That draw play on third and long made my widdle head explode.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: October 21, 2019, 12:19:28 AM »

Lance Thomas did not in fact make the Nets. Watch out Jimmer. Lance may be coming for your roster spot. He’d probably enjoy playing in Greece. Based on his handles, he’s been doing it his whole career.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: October 21, 2019, 09:59:12 AM »

Nice job by Bradley Beal, accepting less than MAX from Wizards (Beal gets 2-72 extension)

It's not a discount.
He did this two year deal in order to sign the max for a 10-year veteran deal in two years.
In line for an additional 260mil over 5 years. 
The maximum max that ever was maxed.
Highest paid player ever in any sport ...etc...etc...
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Giants
« Reply #7856 on: October 21, 2019, 10:02:21 AM »

PS: You want to talk about shitty play calling?  How the Giants Coach Murmur.  That draw play on third and long made my widdle head explode.

Shurmur was a John Mara hire.  He's the exact right temperment that the G-men crave in a head coach.  But that only goes so far when you're losing games.

He needs some top assistant coaches if the Giants ever want to win. 
And some more talent on the lines.

Why have the Giants never kicked the tires on Andy Reid?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 10:04:03 AM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: October 21, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »

It's not a discount.
He did this two year deal in order to sign the max for a 10-year veteran deal in two years.
In line for an additional 260mil over 5 years. 
The maximum max that ever was maxed.
Highest paid player ever in any sport ...etc...etc...

right..

good job nevertheless

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: October 21, 2019, 11:12:47 AM »

If someone wants to give Beal 4/198 in a couple years, good luck to them.  Wiz arent doing 5/266.  Likely they deal him after he is eligible to be dealt again - at that trade deadline date.  But that line could change should Hachimura and company get the team to playoff level

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: October 21, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

Sabonis reportedly being shopped.  Nice player.
Of course, Knix already loaded up on PF's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1848