Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909149 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8040 on: October 27, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »

Feel bad for Smith.

I didn't think he's the answer for us, based on his play last year.

But fuck, it's the 3rd game. The guy is trying to emerge from an injury.

Those fans booing are dicks.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: October 27, 2019, 12:26:40 PM »

Has Portis been that bad?

Loving Mitch. Needs a C partner
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: October 27, 2019, 12:28:17 PM »

Matter of fact the more I think about it we were so damn fortunate to land Robinson. Thanks to his agent. And to the teams that passed
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: October 27, 2019, 01:29:04 PM »

Has Portis been that bad?

Well, the last two games he's been awful.
Foulathon and not making his shots.

Small sample and all, but he looks like a bad defender.
Out of position, slow to react, fouling.

Actually Mitch, Portis, Morris, Randle all seem foul prone.
And so is Elf, Barrett, Knox.

Fouls and turnovers are a glaring weakness right now.
Along with PG play.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Table setting
« Reply #8044 on: October 27, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »

We clearly have two extremely young building blocks (Mitchell and RJ) that any NBA team would love to have.  A ball dominant wing who can do it all and a high efficiency defensive big who doesn't need the ball.  We need a plan to surround them with the right pieces. 

Everyone else on this squad who has talent ... Your Randles, Morris, Knox and Trier,  need to be evaluated for how they fit RJ and Mitch.  Every thing is on the table.  The only untouchables are our two whiz kidz.

ALSO: We need a PG to emerge from this miasma.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: October 27, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »

I agree.

Also, have long thought that Randle, our biggest commitment, is a hard player to fit around.

At least this year we do have tradeable assets.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: October 27, 2019, 05:43:33 PM »

Payton is the PG

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: October 27, 2019, 07:30:18 PM »

Payton is the PG

Reminds me of Charlie Ward.   Is that enough?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: October 27, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »

Meanwhile Kyrie v. Morant down to the end very fun to watch...

*** 33 for K.I....Morant 17 in the 4th...`120-120...7 secs to go

**** Morant blocks Kyrie at the buzzer to send to overtime!!

***** Really was a top-3 draft, none of the three look anything like rookies, not to say others won't come on and catch up, but all three just so poised and ready.

***** Great coaching, great play out of timeout with 30 secs left to get the Nets the lead and a two-for-one situation with game on line in OT. Yeah, that's what coaches do!

*** Kyrie with the super D to break up the play with 13 left!!!

***** 8 Secs left, one last chance for Grizz and Ja!!!!!

******** Morant throws it out of bounds on the inbounds...he is a rookie after all!!!

**** OHHHHHHHHHH MY, long Crowder three at the buzzer to win it for Memphis.......wow.

* heckuva game, not rooting for either side, but that was a nice end to the weekend.

*** Yes I would NOT like to see Iso & Dennis first off the bench next time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:57:36 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: October 27, 2019, 08:21:58 PM »

Payton is the PG

Reminds me of Charlie Ward.   Is that enough?

Charlie helped bring us to the Finals. 

No, that ain't Kemba. 

Just saying. 

chipstern

• View Profile
PG
« Reply #8050 on: October 27, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »

More than the PG at issue. 

Strange spacing, with everyone parked out on the perimeter. 

Ball tending to stick. 

Not enough motion. 

When (and if) the ball comes in down low, Julius and Marcus tend to force the issue, one on one in the Carmelo mode, inviting the double and triple teams, leading to blocks, turnovers...

Julius and Marcus are skilled players, and were mostly effective in games 1 & 2, but took too much onto themselves in the second half last night, and the offense got constipated, and we lost all rhythm. 

RJ as nightly positive, and emerging as the team leader...easy to see why RJ is to Fizz what Yogi was to Stengle. 

"I never do anything without my man,' sayeth Casey.

RJ is fearless, plays like a man and MAKES PLAYS.  However, even he was forcing things in the second half, and while his drives and treys and D are inspiring, he has to own his turnovers and missed FTs. 

Feel terrible for Dennis.  His jumper notwithstanding, last season he gave us some really effective point, going to the glass.  Now he is completely out of rhythm, pressing, second guessing, and NOT to offer him a hall pass, but the fans at the Garden should be ashamed of themselves for turning on him...

The Jim Fregosi for Nolan Ryan Curse. 

The Dennis Smith for Kristaps Porzingis Curse. 

Not FUCKING Fair. 

Having said THAT, he should sit for a spell, and get through this Fultz Stage, get back his confidence and rhythm, stop forcing jumpers and get back to what he does well.  Ben Simmons couldn't shoot jumpers, but he found a way to be effective, hell, brilliant. 

Smith isn't the only one hoisting too many long jumpers.  I know what the modern analytics say, but nothing quite like a made two. 

Having said THAT, rather than bringing in Dennis and Alonzo first off the bench on Monday?

How about Ntilikina and Dotson.  Both big guards.  Both defensive stalwarts.  And Dotson is a dead eye from trey...Trier's game is penetration.  So is Dennis'.   

Onwards.   

PS: Elfrid is our point. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:40:45 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: October 27, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »

PG minutes need to be 28-20 before we know what DSJ can do

Eliminate the Barrett minutes.  Play him at the 3 if you want more minutes open for the shooters

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: October 27, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »

Lol, you think DSJ gonna get Mudiay Minutes? Kinda hard to give those when he's doing this:

The Knicks are scoring just 74 points per 100 possessions with Smith on the court. They are allowing 119 points per 100 possessions with Smith.

*** Just read the above again. It hurts my eyes. Must really hurt in person. Don't endorse booing the young man, but I do understand. Lotta pain accumulated up in those garden seats. Best toughen up son. Fiz ain't gonna handle you right for sure, whatever right is.

He's had a pretty fair amount of seen, seen?
He got 3600 minutes his first two seasons.
He averaged nearly 30 mins per game his first two seasons.
He has basically had an entire additional season of NBA basketball compared to Frank.
Carte blanche he got. Though he threw a good hissy when Carlysle took it away.

No, in the scheme of things, little jr. aint the one who need minutes so as to be seen.

It's that other guy....

** plus, that other guy looks like he has a clue if given that whole f'ing additional season. Ain't gonna get it here though. Move him already so he can get on with it. Get him the fuck away from Fiz. Pistons are a sweet fit actually. Go ahead. Set him free.

**** Porzingis just went for 32. 32....9....5....2. (the five is what stands out to me,,,yeah, Zinger has a coach now. Third game after the ACL. Third.) This thing gonna smell so bad in the end lest one of those picks get crazy lucky, and I mean craaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Let me make that a little more clear:

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. LUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKY.

****** But, but but we needed cap space for Reggie Bullock...I mean Wayne Ellington... I mean Bobby f'n Portis....and his mom was caught smoking a cigar inside a 737 bathroom and spouting Latvian curses at Steve Mills and his brother was in a threesome with Katie Hill IN A NIGHTCLUB..and.....and...NO. We of no studs gave up a stud for ABSOLUTELY DOODOO. You don't doo doo that.

Let me reiterate, we best get:

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKY.
with those picks.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:14:01 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
You my doggie
« Reply #8053 on: October 27, 2019, 10:27:14 PM »

* I firmly remain Carlos'# + 1, whatever his # is.

* I firmly remain Carlos'# + 11, whatever his # is, if Fiz gets sent back to the used-car lot.

C's # is 19
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
20 .... La concha de tu madre Pom Pom girlz.
« Reply #8054 on: October 27, 2019, 10:39:47 PM »

*** I swear I tried Carlos. I really did try. I tried. I put on that skirt. Walked down the street to the dry cleaner with alterations lady and had it hemmed up to fit just so. And then I saw some of our games. And then I saw some of the other teams' games. And some of the other teams had coaches making good substitutions and calling good plays. And some of the other teams had GM's with meaningful blueprints for success. And then.....

Forecast from TODAY: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

20. Check.

*** I do believe that's some kind of unfailable computer thing you can't argue with.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:32:32 PM by lesterdog »
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1847