Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913410 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8085 on: October 28, 2019, 09:38:06 PM »

Game ball goes to Portis.

Game sticky keyboard goes to Chip, who willed us to victory.

Better adjustments & play in the second half.

Birth of the Barrett Ntilikina backcourt?

I like Wayne, but could use a sprinkle more of Dot, especially now that Payton May openminutes for a backcourt reshuffle. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Damn
« Reply #8086 on: October 28, 2019, 09:38:22 PM »

Bobby Portis a +31 with 2 blocks. 

RJ with 19-15-5.  That's right...FIFTEEN BOARDS

Randle, for all his turnovers (a nightmarish 8, count 'em, EIGHT), finished with 13-14-5, a +9.

Knox 14-2-2. 

PS: As Wally points out, Frank shut off Zack's water. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:40:20 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: October 28, 2019, 09:40:45 PM »

Payton should the point as I said going into the start of the season. Too bad we can't seem to rely on anyone else.

Still lost on all of the Frank love from a very loud part of our fanbase which reeks of desperation and rationalization gone mad. Even from those I consider very intelligent observers seem to think this, but something tells me it's about his alleged defensive prowess (which is not good at times against quicker players) and that certain fans seem to pick on his softness when he's such a nice guy, that makes them dig in (oh and Fiz, I know that too).

Trier has his flaws, but he's efficient, I think can improve and will be a useful NBA player as a scoring guard off the bench when you need it who also gets to the line well.

That's what he offered against the Nets when he brought us back into the game. Couldn't see the C's game, but appears he was bad, one sequence the Frank love-in machine ensured was posted on Twitter and felt like some kind of justification for Frank to play.

Never really had faith in DSJ, but he isn't this bad. Maybe Frank will get some minutes tonight. I hope he does well, but what has he really shown? I know, I know Fiz and his brilliant coaching as also can be evidenced here has "mishandled" him, and started him in the 3rd quarter of one game which ruined him...woe is he! Meanwhile Trier got no PT in pre-season and seemed on the fringes, but made the most of his time when he's called upon.

Musings that we may have a trade for Frank already in place, perhaps along with Morris to the Pistons (his brother is there and some other relative, so I hear and of course he played there before) when that window opens.

Good post

Had me til you traded Mo

chipstern

• View Profile
Uhhh...
« Reply #8088 on: October 28, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »

Watch the game, did you Kiid? 

Thoughts thereof? 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Glad I was wrong
« Reply #8089 on: October 28, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »

Ain't Over YET, My Pusillanimous Pendejo. 

EMBRACE THE PAIN.

Glad I was wrong this time.

Hope it happens more often.

Still say 19.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #8090 on: October 28, 2019, 10:26:49 PM »

We feel your pain, Don Carlos. 

PS: You weren't wrong.  You aren't wrong.  Knicks just didn't give up. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: October 28, 2019, 11:10:05 PM »

My boy Fiz finally "developed" a little.

Good comeback. Nice win. Looking forward to 19 more :))

*** lost on the Frank love, lol, rewind the tape and check, just by way of example, the last two Knick defensive possessions of the third quarter (not the .5 sec chuck), neither of which resulted in a statistical marker of any kind. That stuff. And as for the 0-4 from three, well, if he's still shooting 30% career from 3 like Elfrid Payton when he's as old as EP with 300 career starts instead of TWENTY-FUCKING FIVE, then we'll start to worry!

*****alleged defensive prowess, ya killz me really, very special people around here
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:33:03 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Can't lose em all
« Reply #8092 on: October 28, 2019, 11:23:04 PM »

Baby steps. 
Winning on your home court. 
Coming from behind to win. 
Good to learn how to win. 
Repeat until you can do it on the road too. 

That said, the first quarter was some of the worst offense / best defense (by the Bulls).

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: October 29, 2019, 12:21:20 AM »

Looks like a horrendous 1Q followed by a great 4Q.

If you told me RJ would have a 19-15-5 sometime during the season, i'd be excited.  Let alone G4.  Kid's been great.

Portis has talent, but he is the type who plays hard and smart every third or 4th game.  Needs consistency.  At least he came through and put it together this game.  Let's hope it's not just former team revenge ...

Knix are going to have to cut down on Turnovers and fouls.  Though CHI didn't get many FT's.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: October 29, 2019, 04:21:49 AM »

What say a smaller starting lineup?

Robinson
Randle
Barrett
Ellington
Ntilikina

With DSJ & probably Payton out, we still have decent bench options

Dotson
Trier
Knox
Morris
Portis

Distribution in the second unit might be a mess, but it has front court shooting and shot creation that can cause headaches and give drivers space. Less important if Morris looses his mind as a reserve and he’ll be able to maximize the efficiency of the damage he does with other reserves or winded starters to bully. He’s vet enough to make it work if he can set aside his ego. Marcus, Wayne, Trier, Knox and Dot are our designated snipers, though Bobby made a strong case to be one as well tonight.

I think Frank and Barrett are establishing a nice rapport and have complimentary skills. I like most of the shots Frank took and missed. If he keeps getting them I think he’ll start hitting them like he eventually did in FIBA. Ellington not only stretches the floor and defends with good principles and relatively quick feet, but he works hard off the ball and that makes their defenders wind up in the wrong place at good times for us. Morris is a good player but we can’t expect him to move off the ball anything like Ellington.

This would be a big adjustment but I don’t see just swapping Frank for Payton as being enough to change our emerging tendency towards slow starts.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: October 29, 2019, 10:19:03 AM »

If we had beaten the Nets, we'd be 2-2.
Basically we lost to 3 teams who should finish with a better record than us, and beat a weaker team at Home.

Lot of ugliness.
We are a very streaky team on both ends.  Every game so far full of runs.  (finishing a game 15-0 is pretty impressive).

I think part of that goes to turnovers an fouls, which helps other teams get points.  And those are partly due to a lot of unfamiliar players playing together.  But also the roster construction, as we don't have many good defenders, and not many good ball movers.  But those are tow areas I want to see Fizz work on and try to iron out.  This stretch against weak team offers a lot of op for figuring things out.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Uhhh...
« Reply #8096 on: October 29, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »

Watch the game, did you Kiid? 

Thoughts thereof?

Watched some.

Portis shut some people up - but we will still hear how we overpaid him - such is the state of America.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:05:34 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: October 29, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »

Portis has talent, but he is the type who plays hard and smart every third or 4th game. 

Se what I mean?

Stupid statement  Keep em coming

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: October 29, 2019, 01:56:27 PM »

Let's see consistency and focus from Portis.
There's a reason the Bulls moved him and WAS let him go.

Check out his game log from last year.
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3064482/type/nba/year/2019
I just skimmed over Jan-Feb-Mar 2019.
Very erratic stuff.
Might go for 30 one night then 6 the next followed by 12 or somesuch.  Tis a definite pattern.

Randomly I went with March:

March Game Log  2018-19 Regular Season
MIN   FG    PTS
22   1-9       2
39   11-22  28
23   2-8       6
25   3-8      10
31   6-15      14
36   6-11      18
38   6-17      15
19   4-9      11
23   7-11      18
24   1-7        3
23   3-11        6
33   6-12      17
31   9-18      21
25   10-16   23
22   4-12      12
28   10-18   26
28   2-8        7

All his months look like that.
One good game as a Knick and suddenly he's bulletproof and proved the doubters wrong?  That's stupid.

Otherwise I don't think anyone cared much about his salary, since it's short-term.  The 2nd year is a team option, so it's really a one year deal -- we have that cap space next year if we want.  Also he could be a trade chip, since he is signed next year.  Signing Portis made a lot of sense.  Largely a flyer on a 24 year old.

Portis has size and talent.
But needs to get mentally strong.
Consistency isn't easy for young players, but he's been around for a while.  He caught my eye early his rook year, so I've tried to keep tabs on him.  He also needs to improve his defense.
Inconsistency + weak D = teams/coaches have trouble trusting you.  Gotta become reliable.
He can probably do it, if he focuses and gets rid of some lazy habits.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 02:11:42 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Ready made rookie
« Reply #8099 on: October 29, 2019, 02:42:11 PM »

Among the rookies RJ is:

2nd in points per game
2nd in rebounds per game
5th in assists per game
2nd in steals per game
1st in free throw attempts and free throw makes BUT only shooting 44% from the line
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 1848