Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900041 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8370 on: November 11, 2019, 09:31:59 AM »

Mills needs to honest... him and Perry did a terrible job at assembling this roster, they did a terrible job at hiring a coach, and now they are looking for a scapegoat.

I largely agree.
But hopefully they are readywillingable to switch to Plan E and cash in some of our vets and depth for more yute, picks and players that fit.

In other words, they didn't muck things up irrevocably (well, except KZ) -- kept the FA contracts short, held on to picks, and retained flexibility.  We have some desirable role players --  Morris, Taj, Franc-Elf-Smith, Portis, Trierellington -- who could help a playoff bound squad patch holes and fill in depth.  Which can fetch a decent return..

I mean, there's no reason to hold tight to this hot mess.
They can't be wedded to this.  They kept flexibility in their Plan D, so let's utilize that ...
Trade and tank, is Bo's motto this year . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Get a Brain ...
« Reply #8371 on: November 11, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

In contrast to Fizz's run 'em into the ground philosophy:

The Grizzlies are going to great lengths to protect prized rookie point guard Ja Morant. The 20-year-old sat out Saturday's loss to the Mavericks because the team opted to rest him on the second night of a back-to-back. Morant has played more than 30 minutes in a game only once, logging 32 minutes during his 30-point, nine-assist night in an overtime win over the Nets.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Get a Brain ...
« Reply #8372 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »

In contrast to Fizz's run 'em into the ground philosophy:

The Grizzlies are going to great lengths to protect prized rookie point guard Ja Morant. The 20-year-old sat out Saturday's loss to the Mavericks because the team opted to rest him on the second night of a back-to-back. Morant has played more than 30 minutes in a game only once, logging 32 minutes during his 30-point, nine-assist night in an overtime win over the Nets.

A 20 year old doesn't need DNP-load management for a back to back. 

--->  Unless they're monitoring a pre-existing condition we don't know about.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: November 11, 2019, 12:48:20 PM »

In other words, they didn't muck things up irrevocably (well, except KZ) -- kept the FA contracts short, held on to picks, and retained flexibility.  We have some desirable role players --  Morris, Taj, Franc-Elf-Smith, Portis, Trierellington -- who could help a playoff bound squad patch holes and fill in depth.  Which can fetch a decent return..

I mean, there's no reason to hold tight to this hot mess.
They can't be wedded to this.  They kept flexibility in their Plan D, so let's utilize that ...

Yeah, a bright side —— it's been a different style of incredibly awful management and our future isn't mortgaged. I'm not convinced how valuable our role players are in trade, but we got reasonable cap space ahead and more than our own picks. Given competent leadership, not the worst place to be.

Of course the likelihood of competent leadership hasn't increased any (jeezus, Mills needs to GO...) though Knick sale rumors make it at least plausible/possible that Dolan goes back to the swamp he crawled out of at some point.

*** And let's also reiterate that PURPOSEFUL TANKING AGAIN is not viable or productive. It was corrosive and destructive last year. To say it GOT US RJ is to ignore that it probably COST US ZION or MORANT (and Porzingis and any shot at a TIER 1 FREE AGENT for that matter). The new lotto rules do what they are supposed to do, so pay attention to them (and it's looking like last year's draft was pretty rich and deep after all, lotta possible pearls shining in these early weeks).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:33:03 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »

It's not a shocker that Fizz goes. Or should go. On this board, there's been little admiration for his strategic preparation, in-game coaching, and player development.

But Jesus, the balls on the guys running the organization! They're actually posturing that they gave him a competitive team?

They take accountability for nothing!

Nothing!

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: November 11, 2019, 01:35:21 PM »

Just turned on the radio and heard Stephen A on the subject. Even for a dude practiced in the art of histrionics, he was so crazed, so incensed, I wondered about the likelihood of him having a coronary event on air.

I also wondered if Mills actually gets out of this unscathed.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: November 11, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »

Beilein clearly has done more to Coach the cavs in a few months than Fizz has the Knicks in more than a year.

We need someone who can organize children because our roster is full of guys who are playing that way.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: November 11, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

Cavs have some intelligent players.

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: November 11, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »

Flew in to capture the pulse of the most passionate Knick fans on earth. I trust you are all well.

Sorry we still suck but I have moved on..citing the little known but very accurate quote/question from the movie Fever Pitch..."Let me just leave you with this thought, you love the Red Sox...but have they ever loved you back?"

I refuse to give a shit until Mills is gone. Maybe someday Dolan wakes up and realizes Mills is a fucking twit.

Peace brothers - Merciless (Miras)

MILLS, PERRY, FIZDALE

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: November 11, 2019, 02:31:58 PM »

They kept flexibility in their Plan D, so let's utilize that ...

Yeah, a bright side ——  not the worst place to be.

Of course the likelihood of competent leadership hasn't increased any

Dolan targetting Masai Ujiri to replace Mills and Fire Fizz

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-knicks-trying-hire-raptors-180629839.html

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: November 11, 2019, 02:34:24 PM »

Saw that, wouldn't that be something...sigh...don't put much stock in it though.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
steve kerr's lesson to frank ntilikina
« Reply #8381 on: November 11, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »

"But it's more than that. It's don't be scared. It's like, you've got to compete. That's probably the biggest thing I learned from him, watching him, was he was just so fearless. He never shied away from the stigma that would come through failure. He understood fully that if he just went all out every single game and went for it on every single play, the positives would outweigh the negatives, but you just to have to live with the failure.

Kerr played five seasons with the Chicago Bulls.

"And at that point in my career, I just didn't want to be the goat. I didn't want to be the guy who screwed up the game. My tendency was to shy away from the big shot and just not make a mistake. I just didn't want to screw up. And so he, Michael, put so much pressure on everybody, and you just kind of realized: I've got to step up, and I've got to take my game to another level."

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: November 11, 2019, 03:01:09 PM »

We'll know we're getting someplace when Frank yells give me the f'ing ball when Julius Randle tries to bring it up himself in the backcourt.

*** something that's really got to stop, like immediately, like right the f' now

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: November 11, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

Frankly. no Mills fan but I just think he figured the coach was better

I’ll stick with that

Stephen A says Mills “threw Fizdale under the bus”.  and “might as well have just fired him today”.  Whatever.  He’ll get paid.  and the embarrassment will wear off
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: November 11, 2019, 03:10:26 PM »

We'll know we're getting someplace when Frank yells give me the f'ing ball when Julius Randle tries to bring it up himself in the backcourt.

*** something that's really got to stop, like immediately, like right the f' now

Yeah, also Morris is guilty of the same cart blanche. Fizz undercuts Frank's importance by not making it a point of emphasis.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1844