Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899460 times)

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8400 on: November 12, 2019, 08:17:27 AM »

I'm not sure why we got rid of Mudiay, He was just getting comfortable and coming into his own.  Sorry guys this team isn't great but there is surely enuff on the squad to not be 2-8.  Fizzdale does not know how to coach and these dudes are young and needs coaching.  I don't blame Mills, or even Dolan because Dolan will dish out the bucks for whatever product is on the floor.  These guys needs consistency. I hate a coach who can't just pick a starting five and ride with them for some games and see what you got.  Ellington is a bust, take the L and move on put the stock back in Dotson, shit Bradzelikissss looked like a pro in Dleague along side Barrett, Lets see what we got.  Anyway pick your 9-10 man rotation and run them like deer.  We need consistency, someone looks like trash swap out the five.  Fizz cannot coach especially in the final 2 minutes I've never seen such blunder. Get Mark Jackson and straighten the ship, It will save the PG play, I still think Frank can be something his game looks refined,  He lacks confidence, every mistake he thinks he is going to the bench and just playing him instead of calling plays for him does not build it up. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: November 12, 2019, 10:06:08 AM »

Disagree on Ellington, Jaq - all reports are he is a true pro in how he approaches practice time - and affects the young guys.  Is he holding back Dotson?  Only if Dot is killing it in practices.  No indication that he is - or he might be ahead of Trier as well.

Dennis Smith Jr is still the key unknown in this puzzle - and Elfrid Payton has been the key loss to the lineup.

Its a shame these guys factor into Fiz keeping/losing his job - though those of us who dont think he can coach anyway just see it as a MOVING UP of the process.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
@TommyBeer
« Reply #8402 on: November 12, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »

Kristaps Porzingis is the only player in the NBA this season attempting more than 15 FG's per game, yet shooting 40% or worse from the floor and below 70% from the FT stripe.

The Mavs are scoring 101.2 points per 100 possessions with Porzingis ON the floor this season.

The Mavs are scoring 125.7 points per 100 possessions with Porzingis OFF the court this season.

KP'S Net Rating (minus-8.3) is the worst on the team.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »

Before the season started, I said you can't evaluate KZ until after Xmas.   It's a process, and he's working his way back.  He's a talented 2-way player.  Once he gets the rust off, his conditioning up, and confidence in, we'll see how good he is, and whether he's diminished some.  But it might take until next year that he returns fully to form.  Look at Gordy Haywire.  And one of many reasons I'm glad we didn't get Durant (& Kyrie).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: November 12, 2019, 11:38:13 AM »

Before the season started, I said you can't evaluate KZ until after Xmas.  But it might take until next year that he returns fully to form.  Look at Gordy Haywire
He got hurt 21 months ago.  Gordy 24 months ago.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: November 12, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »

Gordy was up and down much of last year.
It's frustrating.  But part of the rehab/recovery process.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: November 12, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »

Kidd I'm not sure what you see in Ellington, all I see is a guy who can get around a screen and launch a brick, Again This bunch is screaming to be coached,  Fizz is not the guy, niether Fisher, Niether Hornychex,  No more newbies, or headcase coaches.  I like Mark Jackson.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: November 12, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »

Ellington?  Well. we agree the team is poorly coached, so none of our players are likely playing at optimum.  And it's ten games..... and I heard about his practice ethis (Payton falls in there as well)

I haven't really killed any player, sans Frank of late - and that's none of his doing - just my reaction to what I feel is the overrating of Frank by the masses.

I think any player out there busing his horns in our colors deserves our respect - up to the point where his words/actions get funny (see Melo, Stophon, select others).

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: November 12, 2019, 01:36:27 PM »

There was a point when we were getting close against Cleveland when, as Garland was bringing it up, Beilein called out from the side for three guys to head to the far side of the court and then for the one guy already there to come back and set a pick at the top of the key. It wasn’t calling out a play, it was “you, you, you -there! You - here!” The guy covering the screener got slowed by the cross traffic of the clear out. The screen caught the guard guarding Garland completely off guard. The three defenders who’s men cleared out we’re past the key and heading in the wrong direction when Garland turned the corner off the screen. Garland gets the open layup putting to bed the Knicks’ best run. That kind of impact and engagement with the game through coaching is what allows an unlikely team to over achieve. Any rumor that Fizz has ever done anything like that?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: November 12, 2019, 05:47:48 PM »

Will Frank switch off Satoransky tonight?

chipstern

• View Profile
Another Fine Mess
« Reply #8410 on: November 12, 2019, 06:23:31 PM »

There was a point when we were getting close against Cleveland when, as Garland was bringing it up, Beilein called out from the side for three guys to head to the far side of the court and then for the one guy already there to come back and set a pick at the top of the key. It wasn’t calling out a play, it was “you, you, you -there! You - here!” The guy covering the screener got slowed by the cross traffic of the clear out. The screen caught the guard guarding Garland completely off guard. The three defenders who’s men cleared out we’re past the key and heading in the wrong direction when Garland turned the corner off the screen. Garland gets the open layup putting to bed the Knicks’ best run. That kind of impact and engagement with the game through coaching is what allows an unlikely team to over achieve. Any rumor that Fizz has ever done anything like that?

Good point. 

And I have always been a Fizz supporter. 

But some of his moves seem, oh, suspect. 

Having said that, as per DAWG, hanging the coach out to dry, as if this wasn't a team effort from top to bottom?

Again, as per Mudiay, Utah inked him for a minimum contract, and his defensive faux pas notwithstanding, Fizz repurposed Mudiay, got his offensive game in gear, worked on kinks in his closeouts...

I like Peyton, and his steady presence as a rudder at the point (when ambulatory), but given our offensive inefficiency, it would've seemed prudent to hold on to an asset who could give up instant offense off of the bench. 

Perhaps the thought was that this would conflict somehow with Dennis Smith's development. 

In any event, what's done is done, but the departure of Vonleh, Herzonja, Kornet and Mudiay, after such time and effort was invested in "development" let alone in the team chemistry and bond developed in sharing the pain of 2018-2019, and starting from scratch as it were, save for Robinson, Knox, Ntilikina and Smith, is surely subject to reflection, and that ain't all on Fizz, but surely on Mills and Perry (Perry having been a Peyton booster, much as he was a Herzonja booster). 

And of course, as many will duly note, while I was taken aback by letting Mudiay walk, I was surely on board with the other moves Mills and Perry made. 

Still, having tossed out Plan A, Plan B and Plan C, moving on directly to Plan Q, should it be a surprise that given the up and down nature of rotations, that up and down play accrues? 

And of course, let's not overlook the reality of injuries to Robinson and Peyton and Bullock, Smith's own injuries and subsequent loss of rhythm, not to mention loss of a loved one, and Fizz's motivations in granting floor time and allocating minutes. 

In closing, having said all that, whatsoever Fizdale's failings, having him walk the plant a month or two into the season does nothing to address the Dolan-Mills-Perry-Fizdale scrum, nor does it set the stage for the recruitment of yet another coach, but rather, sets the stage for another Tankathon, and perhaps, months of civic masturbation surrounding Draft Savior 2.0 (James Wiseman), the Greek Freak...

In the meantime, calls for Fizz to be fired and the widely touted Mark Jackson to be hired, I mean, FUCK MARK JACKSON.  Not to discount his attributes, but hey, grow up Knicks fans. 

And for the pathetic misdirection play regarding our alleged corporate pursuit of Toronto Major Domo, Masai Ujiri, that is simply beyond pathetic. 

Why in the name of all that is HOLY, would Ujiri bail on his cushy spot, unimpeachable control, proven track record as a leader, judge of talent, breeder of champions (and rapist of James Dolan) to come to NYC for all the greenbacks in perdition? 

Donnie Walsh?

Phil Jackson? 

Kyrie Irving?

Kevin Durant?

Kemba Walker? 

Zion Williamson?

James Wiseman? 

Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  Changing horses in mid-stream accomplishes NOTHING. 

Making FAZZ walk the plank accomplishes nothing. 

Assigning blame accomplishes nothing. 

The sound and fury of a fire sale, the trade of all our newest signings and present assets? 

Draft picks?  Future cap space?  Better chemistry?

Or just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic? 

DOLAN DIVESTING?

Hahaha...

The Knicks are, for all the chaos and ever-mounting dysfunction, THE MOST VALUABLE FRANCHISE in the NBA, or damn near the top. 

Embrace the pain, Knicks fans.  No amount of scapegoating or blame laying will change things. 

Our team, such as it is, needs to own this season.

As for Jimmy The Jizz, and his merry band of men (Mills & Perry, and Fizz The Wiz)? 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:30:20 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Wake Up Call
« Reply #8411 on: November 12, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »

lol, I'm expecting to see some different play from a number of people this eve....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #8412 on: November 12, 2019, 06:32:02 PM »

lol, I'm expecting to see some different play from a number of people this eve....

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: November 12, 2019, 06:55:10 PM »

The "Bobby Portis game" was our first win of the season. 
Remember we got out to a 33-15 1st q deficit before rallying behind Portis and Kevin off the bench. 
So i expect the same slow start.

If we start well that bodes well.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: November 12, 2019, 07:09:16 PM »

Why in the name of all that is HOLY, would Ujiri bail on his cushy spot, unimpeachable control, proven track record as a leader, judge of talent, breeder of champions (and rapist of James Dolan) to come to NYC for all the greenbacks in perdition?

Come on man - you know the answer to this

Basketball ROYALTY if he can right this ship.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1844