Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900233 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8475 on: November 13, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

Uh, the team with the worst record is guaranteed a Top 5 pick.
Previously they were guaranteed a Top 4 pick.
Odds for the 4 lottery chosen top slots have been flattened out.

That dopey DAL article has a chump fretting about what was given away.  I laughed when he said Jr. Smith was starting to shoot 3's well and play good defense.

then there's this bit of sophistry:
Keep in mind that the Dallas Mavericks are getting a 7’3 Kristaps Porzingis that is recovering from a torn ACL.

There is almost no precedent on players that tall lasting in the NBA. Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Yao Ming, and others all had their careers cut short because of injuries. Mark Eaton is virtually the only player as tall or taller than Porzingis who was durable throughout a lengthy career.

7'6" Sean Bradley played 800+ games, many for DAL, until 32.
7'4" Smits almost 900 games until age 33, missing few games.

And of course there isn't much difference in one inch.
7'2" and over adds some super durable Bigs:
Kareem 1560 games, 2nd most ever and into his 40's;
Artis Gilmore 1300+ until age 38;
Mutombo 1200 games into his 40's.

Hard to believe that one extra inch means your career is doomed to be shortened.

And of course, KZ isn't carrying the weight that Big Z and Yao did.
Both mainly had foot problems, not knee.
Still Z played 843 games, made all-star teams and lasted until age 35, after a few early years of foot woes.  So actually his career argues doubly against the point the writer cited him for. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: November 13, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »

We got lucky last season to increase +2 spots from our most likely position.

Yes, if you put it that way.
But it was also more likely that we'd get a Top 4 pick than get the 5th pick.  So not at all surprising that we move up since there was a 52% of that happening.

2nd worst record guarantees a Top 6 pick, with the same 52% chance of getting a Top 4, since they flattened the odds.
But 2nd worst record has an 80% chance of getting a Top 5 pick.   Only a 20% chance of getting the 6th pick, since it's likely the worst record team will get a lottery Top 4, giving the 2nd worst record a Top 5. 

Tanking still worth it.
I'm thankful we got RJB last year.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:47:50 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: November 13, 2019, 05:30:07 PM »

Firing Fizz accomplishes what, exactly?  Besides satisfying the blood lust of Knicks fans? 

Sometimes, Chip..you really are a little much.

..It accomplishes getting rid of a complete idiot coach. Like really, really painfully inadequate for an NBA position. Like not possessing any of the necessary skills. In sports, that's a big positive for a team, to get rid of such a person.

Shakespeare couldn't have said it better.

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Or Maybe A Little Movement Can Help You
« Reply #8478 on: November 13, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »

I don't know how they got em but I just kept seeing them go in.

Can't stop myself from laughing.  Our head coach.  Priceless.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: November 13, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »

Re:  Dennis

Read this all the way through to get the Dallas take on him

https://thesmokingcuban.com/2019/06/15/dallas-mavericks-2019-revisiting-kristaps-porzingis-trade/3/

Hint - they feel Mavs gave up a boatload in the deal

DSJ's boat be sinking.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: November 13, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »

Tanking still worth it.
I'm thankful we got RJB last year.

Lol, tanking is so absolutely not worth it now, I feel like ya need a Chip-Font post, but I'll spare ya.

Silver was right. Corrosive to team, corrosive to fan base (You don't have any sense cause your out there in China, but NOBODY, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY gives a fuck about the Knicks in NYC after last year. Lifelong Knicks fans haven't watched a game this season. I can barely get a conversation up about the team outside this forum.  I gotta come here to hang out, smack around, get smacked. And even from China, you must have noticed that there are only 6 posters left in here.It's a sad sick few who still care whether Dot or Trier is first SG of the bench.)

Not going to run through the math and the situations with you again, but tanking fucked three of the worst five teams. You can say it worked for us, but more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

A hell of a lot happier fan base. A much rosier attitude. Better stuff to watch. That's why we do it right? I don't know about you actually.

*** Added bonus. Prob woulda ditched Fiz sooner right now if he had achieved the same non-result while trying to win.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:08:11 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Shakespeare
« Reply #8481 on: November 13, 2019, 06:37:44 PM »

Willie The Shake Wouldn't Have Called For Firing The Coach In Mid-Season. 

But then, Willie never met LesterDawg.

"The croaking raven doth bellow for revenge."
Hamlet
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:53:41 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: November 13, 2019, 08:47:14 PM »

Lets get Rick Pitino in here (hopefully he has an out clause)

67 years young.  Plenty left, I'd think.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Young teams get coaches fired
« Reply #8483 on: November 13, 2019, 11:08:48 PM »

It's not a question of IF but WHEN DFiz will be let go.  He is smiling because he will get paid to do nothing but appear on ESPN as a guest host until he gets his next (assistant) coaching gig.   He is truly clueless about this roster. 

That said, a young team with new faces and not good PG play can only look so good.  This wasn't a playoff team and if Fiz goes then Mills and Perry should too.

Then you clean house.   You try to get someone in the backcourt.  Frank NEVER penetrates.   Can you have a PG in this league who won't/can't drive to the hoop and score/get fouled?  No.  Not a starter.  Not even a good backup.  If you're sentimentally attached to Frank then stash him at the end of the bench.  Trade some contracts for a PROFESSIONAL PG.

Randle and Peyton to Utah for Mike Conley and a first round pick.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Young teams get coaches fired
« Reply #8484 on: November 13, 2019, 11:42:24 PM »

It's not a question of IF but WHEN DFiz will be let go.  He is smiling because he will get paid to do nothing but appear on ESPN as a guest host until he gets his next (assistant) coaching gig.   He is truly clueless about this roster. 

That said, a young team with new faces and not good PG play can only look so good.  This wasn't a playoff team and if Fiz goes then Mills and Perry should too.

Then you clean house.   You try to get someone in the backcourt.  Frank NEVER penetrates.   Can you have a PG in this league who won't/can't drive to the hoop and score/get fouled?  No.  Not a starter.  Not even a good backup.  If you're sentimentally attached to Frank then stash him at the end of the bench.  Trade some contracts for a PROFESSIONAL PG.

Hahahaha

Realism not your strong suit, is it? 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Young teams get coaches fired
« Reply #8485 on: November 13, 2019, 11:46:44 PM »

Hahahaha

Realism not your strong suit, is it?

It's a brilliant deal for us.   Utah gets better.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: November 13, 2019, 11:48:23 PM »

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1194356488179003393

Knicks Top 10 in ISO Frequency.
BUT 29th in the league in points per ISO possession.

We've seen this all last year, all this year.
FIZ's Mandate: Shoot Shit Shots. As Many As Possible.

Nobody learns a damn thing about basketball.
Nobody gets better. This thing must be extirpated as quickly as possible. For the sake of the young.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: November 14, 2019, 12:25:03 AM »

more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

Huh?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: November 14, 2019, 08:19:53 AM »

You want to pay Conley 34 mil next season?

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: November 14, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »

more realistically, if we hadn't been tanking, we prob would have Zion or Morant + Porzingis + an A List Summer 2019 Free Agent right now. 

Huh?

Can't help it if you're slow.
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 1844