Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899568 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8655 on: November 16, 2019, 01:20:04 AM »

Brogdon on back watch as he pulled out of a loss against the Rockets.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8656 on: November 16, 2019, 02:45:18 AM »

Great Knick FT shooters? How about Pablo Prigioni and Rolando Blackman

Derrick Rose 6th 87.4%
Pig is 7th 87.3%
AH 8th 87.2%
You can see the differences tend to be fairly small.
I also thought Prigioni would be Top 5.

5 Knicks shot between 88% - 89% on FT's.
Only have one of the Top 5 so far: Kiki #3 88.6%

The other 4 were all role players.
Three from this decade and one from back around the Bill Cartwright era.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:16:16 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: November 16, 2019, 02:52:56 AM »

Brogdon just looks like a winner to me.  A heady player who can fit on any team.  Pretty substantial salary, but I'd take the Frog over Randle ...

Don't miss Morant's highlights v. Memf.  Just wow.  Was feeling it.

Looks like a career game for Monk.
3 of his buckets were coast to coast drives.
Game winner came with 1 sec left, after Rose drove and kicked the ball out to the 1st row.
That'll be a big confidence boost for Monk who saw Lamb steal his bacon last year and 2nd rounder Devonte Graham do it again this year.

Though I wonder if Monk was guarding Galloway who went off for 32 points including 7-11 on 3's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: November 16, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »

Knick FT % list here

9.   Gallo  85.9%
10. Mike Newlin 85.5%

I was a bit surprised that:
Melo was 83.0%
Kanter 83.3%

I accidentally stumbled upon this trivia Q:
Which Knick had the most FT Attempts while shooting 80% or better on FT's?

Interestingly, the 5 of the Top 7 are all from the old days.

Another way to frame the question would be:
Only 6 Knicks have shot more than 2,000 FTS's and made them at an 80% + rate.  Name them.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: November 16, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »

5 old timey good FT shooters

WAG

Dollar Bill
Clyde
Earl da
Fall Back Baby
Bernard

Interesting story about a crappy FT shooter

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/11/15/more-than-years-later-celtics-great-bill-russell-finally-accepts-his-hall-fame-ring/Ns13MPvfsEJwHl06QMdLnN/story.html

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. — Bill Russell finally accepted his Basketball Hall of Fame ring.

The 11-time NBA champion, five-time MVP, Olympic gold medalist and two-time NCAA champ said on Twitter on Friday that he was presented with his Hall of Fame ring in a private ceremony.

The 85-year-old Celtics great didn’t attend the induction ceremony in 1975. He said he didn’t deserve to be the first black player inducted, tweeting: “I felt others before me should have that honor.”

His tweet mentions Chuck Cooper, who in 1950 was the first African-American player drafted by the NBA and who was inducted this year.

50 years after his retriement he still remains a world champion. a truly amazing guy.

But he couldn't hit his FT .

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: November 16, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »

Dollar Bill
Clyde
Earl da
Fall Back Baby
Bernard.

Pearl     6th 2,110 FTA's (82.1%)
Bradley #7  1,623 FTA's (84.O%)

3 of the top 5 are real oldtimers -- we're talking pre-Civil Rights Act, Segregation USA Days.

#2 on the list had 2,736 FTA's & 82.5% but is a guy I know nothing about.  Vaguely know the name.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kristaps Postinkus
« Reply #8661 on: November 16, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »

@KevinOConnorNBA
Why does Rick Carlisle waste so many plays posting up Kristaps Porzingis?
Here's the truth: Porzingis stinks on the post. And they are losing games because of those wasted plays.
Maybe someday it'll be a strength but not now. KP's an elite shooter for his size. Do more of that.

@TommyBeer
during his last full season, in 2016-17, Porzingis was the only player in the league to attempt more than 100 FG's off post-ups and shot below 37% on those attempts.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: November 16, 2019, 12:11:53 PM »

The Pat Bev —> Lou Williams model may work for us with Frank and Dennis. Not that our pups are on that level, but they are to one another similar to how Pat is to Lou.

Also Fizz fucking sucks.

The Knicks are going to get stomped by the Hornets.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: November 16, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »

Dollar Bill
Clyde
Earl da
Fall Back Baby
Bernard.

Pearl     6th 2,110 FTA's (82.1%)
Bradley #7  1,623 FTA's (84.O%)

3 of the top 5 are real oldtimers -- we're talking pre-Civil Rights Act, Segregation USA Days.

#2 on the list had 2,736 FTA's & 82.5% but is a guy I know nothing about.  Vaguely know the name.

About the only real old-timey (early 60s) Knicks I can think of who were pretty good and I saw play were Richie Guerin and Willie Naulls.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: November 16, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »

Also Fizz fucking sucks.

We can't let the Joy and Glory of the Mavs game overshadow this essential truth — and he really makes it worse every time he opens up that pie hole:

"I don't hear anybody b*tching about Houston isolating, they hold the ball the whole game but they score 1,000 points"

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/1195122163600297986

*** Harden anyone?....and it's still a f'ing unwatchable horror no matter how many f'ing points they score . #DisgracingTheGame #FU-D'Antoni #Can'tWaitForTheNextChoke
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:34:00 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Fizz MUST Go [A Minority Opinion]
« Reply #8665 on: November 16, 2019, 02:10:34 PM »

https://basketballherald.com/2019/10/29/knicks-targeting-mark-jackson-to-potentially-replace-david-fizdale/

First of all, the notion that Jackson should have been the first choice is a self-perpetuating sentimental narrative. Some would point to Budholzer. My first choice would have been Monty Williams.

Secondly, if there is going to be a move, and Jackson is proffered the gig, taking it in mid-season would be insanity on Jackson's part, let alone the Knicks, as he'd be perceived, surely by me anyway, as a turncoat in the coaching profession, undermining a fellow professional.

Thirdly, what's the point of taking over in mid-stream without a summer's prep, your own people?

Fourth, Knicks fans and media, in the throes of a feeding frenzy, are short sighted assholes.

Fifth, did I mention that Knicks fans are assholes prone to throes of instant gratification? Nor do I exempt myself.

Sixth, Jackson's falling out in Golden State came from hard hardheadedness and a willful refusal to play ball with a corporate entity and high handedness with his own staff--yeah, that'll play well with James Dolan.

Seventh, consider the asshole factor yet again, and how many times the Knicks have gone down the savior route (Larry Brown/Phool Jagoff anyone?).

Eighth, making Fizdale walk the plank and leaving the power structure INTACT which hired him in the first place solves nothing.

Ninth, Dolan has never been unwilling to toss loads of money in the general direction of players, coaches, infrastructure, and yet, we seem to keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Tenth, the charm, the players are supportive of Fizdale, and as charismatic as a Mark Jackson might be, scapegoating Fizz for a roster he was gifted with, and for the growing pains of said players, not even a month into the fucking season as the coaching staff is still sorting out rotations and combinations, does not address short term let alone long term issues--the players need to own their own performances, and tonight against the Hornets, another transitional team, after their previous post-Porzingis letdown, will be telling.

Eleventh, things sometimes have a way of working themselves out, such as how Dennis Smith finally found his mojo and his rhythm after a brutal start to the season, complicated by injuries and the loss of his Step-Mother.

Twelfth, it is too damn soon to have this discussion, not even a fucking month into the season, as any review of coaching should go hand in hand with a review of the players come next spring, assuming we miss the playoffs, vis a vis which free agents get re-upped, which get cut loose, pre-draft analysis, free agent evaluations, new coaching staff.  WHICH IS NOT TO SAY THAT FIZDALE IS THE MAN, OR THAT WE ARE ENDORSING/SIGNING OFF ON HIS DECISIONS, BUT THAT THIS WAS THE COLLECTIVE CORPORATE PLAN GOING INTO THE SEASON, AND ANY REVIEW THAT DOES NOT GO FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IS A SHAM. 

And thirteenth, if Dolan remains in charge, and this is maybe the most profitable, highly valued franchise in sports, what really changes?

The author of this screed has no credibility, so feel free to tune into the broadcast frequency of your choice, such as Dawg Central, and switch off RADIO FREE CHIP.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:23:05 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: November 16, 2019, 02:31:57 PM »

Also Fizz fucking sucks.

We can't let the Joy and Glory of the Mavs game overshadow this essential truth — and he really makes it worse every time he opens up that pie hole:

"I don't hear anybody b*tching about Houston isolating, they hold the ball the whole game but they score 1,000 points"

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/1195122163600297986

*** Harden anyone?....and it's still a f'ing unwatchable horror no matter how many f'ing points they score . #DisgracingTheGame #FU-D'Antoni #Can'tWaitForTheNextChoke

We're on the same page here, Dawg.  I cringe every time I see us pounding the rock, dribbling into triple teams, tossing up early threes, and eschewing the kind of ball movement that leads to easy baskets and puts players in better position to block out, snare offensive rebounds and get second and third opportunities.  Standing around 25 feet from the hoop and watching someone go one on one?  Melo Ball?  The championship Knicks certainly would've embraced a combination of treys (Dick Barnett, DaveD-B, Dollar Bill, Jerry Lucas) and penetration, movement without the ball and midrange pull ups (Willis, Clyde and Dine, Pearl).  I am certainly not dismissing the three ball, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, and seeing Dennis get penetration and dishing off to cutters for easy hoops, made my tiny gerkin squirt uncontrollably. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Tick [TOCK]
« Reply #8667 on: November 16, 2019, 03:21:47 PM »

Kiki Vandeweghe interested in Knicks president job?

Regarding the front office, Mills and GM Scott Perry are likely to last the rest of the season, according to sources. That could change if James Dolan gets cranky, but, regardless, the front office is far from safe in the offseason. Names are already being floated across the league of executives who might replace Mills. They include: Masai Ujiri, Sam Presti, Kiki Vandeweghe (who is interested in the job, according to a source), Daryl Morey (who probably won’t last in Houston following the China controversy), Trajan Langdon and Sam Hinkie. – via Stefan Bondy @ New York Daily News

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: November 16, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »

The Pat Bev —> Lou Williams model may work for us with Frank and Dennis. Not that our pups are on that level, but they are to one another similar to how Pat is to Lou.

Yeah, I thought last game we finally got a glimpse of how these two pieces could work together for us. Or was it a mirage?

Eleventh, things sometimes have a way of working themselves out, such as how Dennis Smith finally found his mojo and his rhythm after a brutal start to the season, complicated by injuries and the loss of his Step-Mother.

Hey, that was just one game. Not the same as reclaiming any mojo.

But it would definitely be sweeet to see more of that tonight.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: November 16, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »

Yeah, I thought last game we finally got a glimpse of how these two pieces could work together for us. Or was it a mirage?

Hey, that was just one game. Not the same as reclaiming any mojo.

But it would definitely be sweeet to see more of that tonight.

Did you see Marc Berman invoke Wally Pipp after Frank Ntilikina's game in Dallas last week in regards to Dennis and Elfrid?
That after ONE GAME Frank Ntilikina had not only turned the corner, not only CLAIMED THE JOB, but will be a future HoF like Lou G.

Same with Dennis we are ready to annoint him.  Or him and Frank as the backcourt tandem. 

It will be great if it works but let's let it play out.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1844