Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900103 times)

luee

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8700 on: November 17, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »

if knix had some shooters they would be dangerous. so many bricks early, the defense is better than it has been recently. 29th in fgp.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: November 17, 2019, 02:13:48 PM »

DSJ sat 15 minutes combined - beginning of first and beginning of third quarters.

Off his performance the game prior, that is criminal

Let guys get some traction, Fizzdip.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: November 17, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »

Dennis got torched from the minute he walked on the floor and gave us very little back. It was disappointing, but we can’t play Dallas every game.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Pharoah

• View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: November 17, 2019, 03:34:09 PM »

had a long night, no full recap today...but

The Good:
- If Mitchell Robinson isn't our best player, he sure as hell is our most important. He's got a ton of gravity rolling and pretty much the reverse when he's defending. The impact he has is just nuts and we've got no other interior presence that even comes close to what Mitch does without needing to touch the ball. I pray that ankle injury isn't bad because he's a force.

- I'm already ready to hand the keys to RJ and live with whatever growing pains come out of it. Randle had a solid run late but putting the ball in RJ's hands can weaponize both via PnR. It was obvious on the last couple of plays that the Hornets weren't going to let Randle have anything. I do want to add that while there's still plenty to clean up, I think Julius is visibly trying to adjust and the offense has looked much better for it.

- Another added bonus from Mitch out there, Bobby Portis becomes completely serviceable. That gravity for Mitch means a ton of space for Portis who isn't bad in one on one post up situations and who can knock down the three if you let him get set.

- Taj is freakin' useful.

The Bad:
- Over relying on the zone. I've been tuned to this frequency since last season, so you can call me biased. But this is what we saw last year, the zone can hide guys for a little bit and catch an offense off guard. But you run it for too long and it'll start being picked apart. The Hornets took 48 three pointers last night and eventually guys got hot because they figured out the Zone. Coby White got going the same way in Chicago, got in a rhythm against the zone and stayed hot by the time we had adjusted.

- Frank tried to cheat the screen on that last play which is a luxury you have when Mitch is fully healthy, but not when he's on a bad ankle. The recovery was alright but let's be honest, if it's any other defender we'd mostly be asking why Frank wasn't on Graham in that last play. On the bright side, Frank's playmaking was good (with a couple of mistakes that turned to TO's but you'll make that trade for a 3:1 Ast:TO ratio) and he got inside the teeth of the defense more than some recent outtings.

- In crunch time Fiz got outcoached, period. Look at the difference in the final plays that each team ran. Charlotte went to their hot hand via a bit of decoy action and got him just enough space to get the shot off. New York's best scorer of the night was benched and their best isolation scorer (fresh off hitting a game winning three in the clutch) was made to inbound the ball with no time to get it back. There wasn't enough misdirection to get Randle the rock at the elbow and honestly, the Hornets would be fools to allow it under any circumstance. RJ deserved that take on the night, Morris has earned that shot on the season and while I get that Randle had the hot hand, he should have at least had a screener or some attempt to give him a bit of space to face up without needing a dribble.

The Needs Patience:
- DSJ was bad, but the foul trouble basically cut any chance to get into a rhythm in the offense. His fourth quarter minutes were a waste again too since he was relegated to sitting in the corner and watching RJ or Randle attack. He gets a mulligan but we know damn well that Payton is gonna get every opportunity to supplant both our young PG's; so he's gotta take the excuses to break up the PG rotation off the table soon.

- Knox only got 15 minutes and just didn't seem to have it last night. He should be our zone breaker but Portis stepped up and took that role while Knox saw his minutes cut and 0/3 from deep. I'm not gonna sweat that one, he's been good and reliable from three on damn near every other night.

- I think Dot has been a net positive with everything else he does, but the three ball hasn't been as reliable as I'd hoped. Considering shoulder surgery left him with less time to train in the offseason, that's understandable. But to really unlock his impact, he needs to find the three ball. Especially when the opponents start to employ a zone defense.
PG - Morris/Caruso

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: November 17, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »

Dennis got torched from the minute he walked on the floor and gave us very little back. It was disappointing, but we can’t play Dallas every game.

So moving forward your nod is to Frank and not Dennis?

Got it.  We'll see how that goes.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: November 17, 2019, 04:00:17 PM »

After that they brought Franc back in for D.

Could have switched Dennis back in for O but didnt

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: November 17, 2019, 04:14:10 PM »

Dennis wasn’t producing O.

Frank starts. Dennis backs him up unless Payton shows he can do a better job.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: November 17, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »

Knox motor was missing last night.  Just lackadaisical body language.

Fiz getting outcoached by his former co-assistant Borrego.  Sigh.

My kingdom for a Borrego.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:04:00 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: November 17, 2019, 04:23:25 PM »

Frank starts. Dennis backs him up unless Payton shows he can do a better job.

I heard you the first time

Own it.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: November 17, 2019, 05:20:55 PM »

Frank tried to cheat the screen on that last play which is a luxury you have when Mitch is fully healthy, but not when he's on a bad ankle. The recovery was alright but let's be honest, if it's any other defender we'd mostly be asking why Frank wasn't on Graham in that last play.

No it's absolutely appropriate to call him out on that play (which is why I did).

If you're an offensively-challenged starting point guard in the NBA who has never made a clutch shot for his team, but is praised for his D and length, then yeah, you fucking better believe that YOU. MUST. STOP. THAT. MAN.

He fucked up.

And so it goes.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: November 17, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »

When you're counting on a Randle and a young Ntilikina to carry you down the stretch you're gonna have nights like that.   
I hope Frank learns that sometimes the best defense is not letting the hot shooter get the ball.  Don't try to cheat and have to recover and block.  Just put yourself in between the potential shooter and the ball so he can't get it passed to him unless he is moving backwards, which lessens his ability to nail a three.   
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: November 17, 2019, 07:00:04 PM »

When you're counting on a Randle and a young Ntilikina to carry you down the stretch you're gonna have nights like that.   

Thats the point.  Fiz had a chance to reinsert Dennis at 0:33 when we went on offense.  We have already established that Randle goes pound, pound, pound hero mode when Frank is out there.  He did - came away empty with a chance to put us up 4.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: November 17, 2019, 09:26:29 PM »

Thats the point.  Fiz had a chance to reinsert Dennis at 0:33 when we went on offense.  We have already established that Randle goes pound, pound, pound hero mode when Frank is out there.  He did - came away empty with a chance to put us up 4.

Fair enough.

However, long term?

Randle had just made three huge scores in a row. 

Coach trying to instill confidence...least ways, TRUST. 

It didn't work. 

Dennis?  Had ZERO Rhythm On The Evening. 

Instead of Dennis?  Or Ellington? 

Trier is someone who can create his shot in a scrum.  And RJ had come on strong in the final five. 

Live and learn, eh? 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: November 18, 2019, 04:19:19 AM »

When you're counting on a Randle and a young Ntilikina (or Jr. Smith) to carry you down the stretch you're gonna have nights like that.   

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: November 18, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »

DSmith chewing that gum as the whole basketball universe implodes around him drives me nuts.  I swear his body language says he ain't happy here, his game is suffering for it.  I'm going to say it again  FIZZ cannot coach.  Some of the schemes and plays he run, I be shaking my head.  The season is quickly heading into tankmode unless we switch coaches and try to implement winning as a necessity and not a luxury.  We need strong coaches who will speak their minds and coach.  Lastly Fizz late game coaching, once again WTF.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1844