Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899588 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8820 on: November 22, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »

Which would be just oneof the reasons he isnt Ewing.

Speaking of Patrick - great win last night for his Hoyas vs Shaka Smart andf Texas  - leading them to a tilt with #1 Duke at the Garden tonight.  https://www.casualhoya.com/2019/11/22/20977653/links-georgetown-beats-22-texas-to-face-1-duke-mcclung-akinjo-yurtseven-ewing-wahab-pickett

Big man alert:  Duke's Vernon Carey Jr vs Geoergetown's Omer Yurtseven  https://www.nbadraft.net/players/omer-yurtseven/ - NBA comp Raef LaFrentz

And point guards, you ask?  Dukie Tre Jones vs the Hoyas' James Akinjo  https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ncaa/damian-lillard-declares-georgetowns-james-akinjo-toughest-point-guard-country

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: November 22, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »

Mitch is Mitch, not anyone else. If the biggest thing keeping this kid from being a top pivot is staying on the floor by not fouling at the tender age of 21 with at least a little more cost control left, that’s just dandy. I think leg strength from hips to toes is just as big, but he will make those strides if he doesn’t jack up his ankles. There’s no rush except saving Fizz’ Job. He’s learning from Taj.

If Dennis doesn’t get steadily more efficient and engaged defensively while pushing the pace more, he may slide to third string behind Payton when Elfrid gets healthy. Pretty sure Elfrid can get his head around and execute the stuff Fizz wants that helps us win.

The worse our record is in this part of the season, the more we can grow down the stretch and still make the lottery.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: November 22, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »

http://dailyknicks.com/2019/11/22/new-york-knicks-can-marcus-morris-boost-trade-value/

They are suggesting Harkless and Jerome Robinson. I’d give that a serious look come December.

I’d want Kapengele instead of Robinson, and would add a protected second rounder to make it happen. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:28:45 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: November 22, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

No.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: November 22, 2019, 04:56:14 PM »

Haven't seen Jerome Robinson.
But yeah, I'd be trying to get a pup like him, Simons, DJ Wilson, Giles.  All but Simons aren't playing much and are expendable.

I'd be trying to offer a package to bolster a team's depth and get a yute + a late round pick back.

And you want to identify underused talent before a player blows up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: November 22, 2019, 05:08:53 PM »

Robinson is a sniper - a better Dotson

For half year of Morris - Clippers likely stand pat - and do Knicks want to muddy the SG ranks while adding 3 mil for next year

I think we need more than the big C Fac proposed - and dont see Norris going anywhere without pick(s) coming back.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: November 22, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »

Picks are better because they are easier to put in future deals

Would I be Ok with Robinson?  Sure.

Would I be confident he'd get a shot here?  Nope.

Do I want any part of Harkless?  Nope.

Maybe Fac can come up with  reroute.  But tough when a guy isnt playing well.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: November 22, 2019, 05:43:47 PM »

Harkless has the same length contract as Morris, at 11 not 15 mil. The only thing that would have a necessary impact past this season would be the second smaller salary.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: November 22, 2019, 08:55:43 PM »

Clippers have no pick to send us as all are owed to OKC
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: November 22, 2019, 08:56:54 PM »

Find a third team or else no deal with LAC

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: November 22, 2019, 10:09:38 PM »

Prayers for KEMBA

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: November 22, 2019, 10:10:29 PM »

Clippers have no pick to send us as all are owed to OKC

Simple then - dont deal with LAC

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: November 23, 2019, 06:11:27 AM »

The Kemba collision didn't look bad.  Being reported as most likely a concussion.  Which probably takes a week or two to recover depending on severity. 

Hark is a solid role player. 
Good screen setter, defends, can board.
Not sure why his 3's have tailed off, to the point where he doesn't really take them anymore. 
Just don't think he's a great fit in NYK.  Better for a playoff team.
Though as a 2nd unit backup Sf to RJB, he's very credible.
Or could be showcased and then rerouted.

DEN a team to keep an eye on.
Right now they are a nice reg season team.
But to genuinely compete, they need to upgrade their starting Sf from Wil Barton.  They can cash in some of their impressive depth to get a starting SF.

They probably still have their eye on Iggy.
Pedigree player, smart and perfect for the playoffs and guarding LeBJ's, Kawhi, etc.
Morris isn't a perfect fit in DEN as he is fairly similar to Milsap.  And they could use someone to guard elite Wings/F's.
But Morris would up their toughness.

DEN could part with some of Monte Morris, Porter Jr (likely off limits except for a great trade), Torey Craig, barton, Juancho, Beasley. They likely want to keep the first two.  I doubt we're the right dance partner, but they should try to cash in depth for an SF upgrade.  To be a real playoff threat.  Not gonna play 12 guys in the playoffs.

I though Jerami Grant would make a big impact, but seems he's just been okay and reasonably helpful.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: November 23, 2019, 11:54:09 AM »

DEN a team to keep an eye on.
Right now they are a nice reg season team.
But to genuinely compete, they need to upgrade their starting Sf from Wil Barton. 

Will Barton is 6th in the NBA in WAR at 2.0.  Highest on his team by a fair margin.  Millsap a 1.7.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:56:36 AM by Kam »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: November 23, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »

I wouldn't go to War with him.  He's a streaky gunner.
How do you guard LeBJ, Kawhi, Paul George, etc with Barton startin'? 

WB is a career 34% 3-Pt shooter, with his two best years at 37%.  So his current 44% is unlikely to be sustainable.  His 1.7 O-Boards similarly could also be a small sample/hot-start aberration.
Barton is best in a Crawford/Lou W bench flamethrower role, imo.

DEN is built to be a really good regular season team.
And they've got the nice elevation home court advantage and a deep team to compensate for that as well.

Like POR, I just don't see them competing with the Big Boys without an upgrade.  The 2 LA teams and HOU are Top 3 (barring injuries).  And the next tier has DEN, UTA.

DEN needs to decide if they want in the Top Tier, or are content to lose in the 2nd round.  No way do they get to the Finals as constituted.  (I forgot to mention they also have Minute Bol's kid and 2nd round Vanderbilt to sweeten deals with)

POR has to decide if they want to make the playoffs and try crash the Top Tier this year.  5-11, just 1-4 at Home, and starting 35 year old Melo . . .
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:14:16 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1844