Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899298 times)

Merciless

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #8985 on: November 29, 2019, 10:16:56 PM »

Nice one carlos...

22-60 and another year in hell

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Optimist
« Reply #8986 on: November 29, 2019, 10:23:15 PM »

Nice one carlos...

22-60 and another year in hell

Thanks miras.

You're an optimist. I went 19-63 and I think I may be another optimist. Lets see if we can match last year's 17.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Nice Game
« Reply #8987 on: November 30, 2019, 01:00:29 AM »

Hit a few free throws and it's ours.

Fiz finally has the rotation down. Probably our best one.

Concerned about Knox getting squeezed out? Why? He's a huge liability on a basketball court. He'll get some minutes in as we can afford to give them to him and keep on working on all the stuff he needs to work on in practice. Odds of him every becoming an actual basketball player still fairly small, but I'm rooting for him.

Point guard coming along just fine, too. 14 shots. Nice forays into the lane.
Nice pnr w/mitch. Nice screen for Randle. Nice steady progress in 38th start and clearly getting coach's confidence. Good stuff. All good.

*** now that our "development year" coach has got the "which player" thing down, maybe he can start working on stuff like plays & having the right player do the right thing, like get Morris set up for some threes in the second half cause he's just knocking them down..

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:08:19 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
NOT A SHIT SHOW [Re: Nice Game]
« Reply #8988 on: November 30, 2019, 02:06:09 AM »

Hit a few free throws and it's ours.

Fiz finally has the rotation down. Probably our best one.

Concerned about Knox getting squeezed out? Why? He's a huge liability on a basketball court. He'll get some minutes in as we can afford to give them to him and keep on working on all the stuff he needs to work on in practice. Odds of him every becoming an actual basketball player still fairly small, but I'm rooting for him.

Point guard coming along just fine, too. 14 shots. Nice forays into the lane.
Nice pnr w/mitch. Nice screen for Randle. Nice steady progress in 38th start and clearly getting coach's confidence. Good stuff. All good.

*** now that our "development year" coach has got the "which player" thing down, maybe he can start working on stuff like plays & having the right player do the right thing, like get Morris set up for some threes in the second half cause he's just knocking them down..

Why thank you, Dawg, for a reasoned and trenchant analysis. 

Surely dispiriting to lose, but showed some flashes of a rational rotation, offensive cohesion and defensive tenacity. 

RJ post game talked about team relaxing, and well...mmmmm, yes and no. 

Philly is a top tier team in the East, and even without Al and Josh, pretty fucking formidable. 

Even so, more a factor of a drop off from starters to subs...

And, oh yeah, a startling disparity in free thrown attempts and makes. 

Philly was 32-40 [80%]

New York was 19-33 [56.7%]

Considering that on treys?

Philly was 7-26

New York was 8-20

We were shooting the trey better and defending the trey better. 

And even shooting 57.6% from the FT line, we were in this game right down to the end, and that poor execution on that messed up inbound play coming out of a time out. 

So, no moral victories, but not a shit show. 

Boston beckons on Sunday at home, while the Bucks on the road Monday. 

We played them tough last time as well, and at crunch time, Kemba and Jayson were decisive. 

NOT A SHIT SHOW.  This is what passes for hope in James Dolan's Alternate Reality Universe. 

Ommmmmmmmmmmm

PS: Yes, by all means FIZZ getting Morris the ball more effectively in the second half, but let us give Philly SOME CREDIT for paying closer attention to our most dangerous shooter. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:08:55 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: November 30, 2019, 04:34:21 AM »

Not sure i get this statement when your coach will be gone and many on this team too next year.

You'll have no continuity or system when its back to the drawing board...Did you not see that the idiots in suits running this org think this team would be competitive this year?

I don't like the churn.  I didn't like this offseason.
I didn't like the players we brought in (except Taj).
We're playing a lot of vets and still losing.

My prescription is trade a bunch of vets for more yute and picks.  Buy into the process instead of always trying to jump the queue.
(I'm glad we didn't get Kyrie and KD).

Last year we wasted a lot of development on reclamations who we didn't ask back.  Even developmentwise, this is looking like a semi-wasted year.  At least injuries opened up a slot for Franc. And he's doing allright.  I'm concerned about Knox's role shrinking.

Hope we start dealing after Dec 15.

We have a yute corps of Franc/Smith - Trier/Dot - RJB - Knox - Mitch
Our drafting has been a strength.

Trades vets, accumulate more picks/yute, tank.
Get another Top 5 draft pick.
Young cheap assets.  Young talent.
That's the way forward.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 05:20:38 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: November 30, 2019, 04:55:17 AM »

What Frank giveth Dennis pissith away.

Randle has significantly reduced his number of negative plays, but the ones he does make are huge.

Fizz is coaching better now that his career on the line. Now he needs to get them to move off ball as well as they play D.

Would be nice if Trier could pick up his D so he could replace Dennis or Ellington.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: November 30, 2019, 05:05:33 AM »

Knix fumbled away the easy part of the schedule.

Now 5 straight losses during the hard schedule.
With another 4 likely losses on tap.
Then a 5 game West Road trip.

Knix might be 7-23 going into the Xmas eve game v. WASh.
Will Fizz make it that far?
Didn't we fire a coach on Xmas once (L Brown?)

By Jan we should be unloading our vet talent.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 05:21:07 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: November 30, 2019, 05:22:34 AM »

Besides a starting PG, we also need a close-game closer.

Morris tries, but he's not at that level.
Randle is limited.  RJB and Trier are pups.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: November 30, 2019, 08:42:54 AM »

I care more about playing hard, developing players, getting some chemistry and system in place. 

Not sure i get this statement when your coach will be gone and many on this team too next year.

You'll have no continuity or system when its back to the drawing board...Did you not see that the idiots in suits running this org think this team would be competitive this year? Winning matters, not moral victories.

Will be back next year

The big 6

Knox     d
Frank    d
Julius --fa
Barrett   d
Brazdekis  d
Robinson  d

- building thru draft plus one/two free agents (Morris)

(Smith - or Payton)
(Gibson - option)
(Portis - option)
(Ellington - option)

(Morris- re-sign)

Keeping one pg and Morris gives us EIGHT on roster entering draft

TEN after draft - so five slots open for free agents.  Six if Marcus leaves.  Whole new team to dislike next year. But maybe we LAND a stud in draft or FA this time.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: November 30, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »

3,  2.2,  2.1

Clutch scoring per 5 minutes, late and close - top 3 Knicks

It's MORRIS, correct.  Followed by Barrett then Randle

Morris is 22nd in NBA

All 3 in top 50

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: November 30, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »

The 50%ers on Knicks in clutch time are Ellington, Gibson, Robinson and RANDLE (58)

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: November 30, 2019, 11:31:35 AM »

3,  2.2,  2.1

Clutch scoring per 5 minutes, late and close - top 3 Knicks

Frankie had more than that last night in just his 38th start. He'll get there. I have no idea what you guys are worried about...;)

***Coach can get there, too. What you're doing not just who is doing it is always important. Let's see how our end games progress as Fiz's Development Year 2 continues.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:40:06 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: November 30, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »

Randle Morris Barrett are our Top3.  They will be back.
Robinson and Knox will be back because of their salaries.
Gibson is welcome back.  That's 6.
AM i ignoring iggy?  sorry. That's 7.

Not going to put anyone else in the basket as SURE THINGS.
Frank leads the 'maybes' but that can change when El Payton returns.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Les
« Reply #8998 on: November 30, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »

***Coach can get there, too. What you're doing not just who is doing it is always important. Let's see how our end games progress as Fiz's Development Year 2 continues.

Les, I’m kinda worried about you. What are you becoming? Pom Pom gurl? Positive Pussy? Sarcastic mofo? All of the above?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: November 30, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »

worry not..consider each and every one of my posts invisibly prefaced by please fire mills, perry, fiz

*** that said, considering the inescapable reality of where we are, I am enjoying the current progression

earned minutes not free minutes, sensible substitutions, slightly less end-to-end PF dribbling, slightly less outdated Mase-circa 1994 iso PF ball-pounding, a little more PnR action with different participants, far more consistent defensive effort for longer stretches of the game by greater number of players, experimenting with three guards rather than three PFs, etc..

none-of-the above means I believe Fiz is a competent coach or is creating a situation which will result in drastically more wins than our SPOT-ON PRESEASON projections called for, but I enjoy seeing it, it's good for the franchise, and if it continues in a significant way I have no problem with him keeping his job if he earns it

and this, not last year, is actually a development year, folks can develop in it, EVEN KNOX. As I have always maintained, before last season and forever, nobody develops in a shit-soup, nobody did, we didn't resign any of those mf'ers and the ones who were already undercontract barely budged forward, if at all. Gotta have a mix of veterans and youth, gotta be trying to win, otherwise you are just wasting your time. Knox is so much better off here on the bench, understanding what he needs to do to get in and stay in the game,(and alongside some (semi) talented and (semi) professional vets when he's in it) than running around endlessly like a moron for 30+ unearned min last year next to fellow crap-ola. I'm happy with him this season, can see that he's thinking and trying when he's out there (albeit largely failing so far;)

*** And the next time Fiz tries something so head-up-your-ass-BUTTSTUPID as starting Knox at SG consider any optimism or backhanded compliments or niceness I may have have accidentally shown him completely retracted

** in addition to could of easily won if we'd hit a few more free throws last night, I also thought we had to overcome a couple of pretty impactful bad calls. The Mitch foul where Embiid swung up his arms into Mitch's stationary horizontally extended ones, I thought this wasn't a foul anymore, but maybe it's just the side-to-side arm swing foul that's been removed, not the vertical version (horrible that either is ever considered a foul by a defender, but that's where we are in Silver's NBA -- and that extend the leg three point foul (on Ennis? by Randle?) that resulted in three unearned points for Philly (certainly would have been challenged had Fiz not already used his up)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 02:49:09 PM by lesterdog »
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1844