Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 916956 times)

Jerrya

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9150 on: December 06, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »

Christmas came early.  Happiest I've been for a Knick fan in years.  Just hope they get rid of the other 2 clowns, Perry and Mills so new management can do the new coach hiring.  No need to rush.  Let the interim coach finish the season and hire new GM and President to begin coaching search.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: December 06, 2019, 05:08:06 PM »

Geez, the Knicks have a better record than the Warriors.  What more could Fizdale have done?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: December 06, 2019, 05:24:21 PM »

Fizdale fired.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 09:31:50 PM by josh »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: December 06, 2019, 05:27:18 PM »

Christmas came early.  Happiest I've been for a Knick fan in years.  Just hope they get rid of the other 2 clowns, Perry and Mills so new management can do the new coach hiring. 

I dont think its happening.  Dolan loves Mills.

But a blase' trading season could make it so.

How silly that we passed on  so many better coaching candidates just to entice LBJ.

22 mil.

Heh.

Happy spending, Fiz.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: December 06, 2019, 06:10:21 PM »

It's MILLER as interim.

Blahhhhh.....

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: December 06, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »

KP over played his hand.

LOL What are you possibly talking about? He played perfectly. He has everything he could possibly want. Future hall of fame coach. Great teammates. Top organization. Max deal. Career set. Talk about the good life.

Don't just assume Knicks dysfunction chased KP away.
LOL....x....x....x1000000000000000

God damn I was close... said it would happen when they were 15 games under .500

I will be forever haunted missing it by 1 loss...

I said Xmas...and it did come three weeks early! I am extremely pleased at my lack of accuracy. God bless & Good riddance. May the used-car salesman never coach anything above the high school level again.

*** and except for the base-level empathy I extend to all humans, have not an iota of sympathy for that fraud — he made his bed last year, had to sleep in it this year.

How silly that we passed on  so many better coaching candidates

criminal
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:05:00 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: December 06, 2019, 08:45:58 PM »

Like Melo KP got a bit more cash and weakened his future team's draft prospects.  Did he not?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: December 06, 2019, 08:59:29 PM »

no. situation in no way parallel. emphasis on no way. not even a hint of similarity.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Merciless

• View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: December 06, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »

Like Melo KP got a bit more cash and weakened his future team's draft prospects.  Did he not?

That team is pretty damn good already.. and who the f*** wouldn't want to play with Luca Brasi and KP going forward

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: December 07, 2019, 12:04:46 AM »

Oops we did it again...We're not that innocent...

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: December 07, 2019, 12:39:10 AM »

Fitting that we do it on a day when Budenholzer's Bucks lay a 28-point asswhiping on the Clippers.

Rivers pulled all of his starters out of the game with the Bucks leading 101-67 with 9:25 remaining in the fourth quarter.

He wanted us. We said "Fiz." How long does Mills & Perry's pass last for?

** and on a day when the Warriors win over the Bulls puts us all by ourselves at the BOTTOM OF THE LEAGUE
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:41:15 AM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: December 07, 2019, 02:03:05 AM »

I said when we hired Fizz that he seemed like a consummate bs-er.
Had a rep as a player's coach, but his main motivation technique was telling guys he would help them make a lot of money.  Which means little accountability.  Seemed he wanted to be liked by the players more than anything.

With that said, I liked his tank job last year.  Everybody but Frankie played better than expected.  It was just a talent-poor roster.  But everybody got a lot of run.  Mithc, Trier and Dot were nice surprises.  Vonleh and Mud had career years.  But I didn't like running Knox into the ground or sapping his confidence. 

This year a roster with more talent, but mismatched, too many new faces, few defenders, lotta guys not expected around long-term, vets and yute.

So really the onus is on the front office for crafting two poor rosters and not being willing to suck it up and tank two years straight.

With that said, Fizz never developed any team identity or stable rotation.  And this year's Defense was something of a league-wide joke.  In an era where guys you never heard of might shoot 15 3-pointers in a game, and every team hunts 3's, Fizz decided we need to guard inside and perimeter rotations on D were all mucked up.  That's on Coach (and personnel).

I also didn't like Fizz running RJB into the ground and trying to sap his confidence. 

I don't have much knowledge of Perry, though he seems like a hack.  Signed Tim Jr to a ridiculous deal, brought in the PF crew, drafted well.
I think Mills is a weasel, he's shown loyalty to Dolan and been Dolan's spy, and seems one of those self-preserving types.  We really need Mills out.  But sure, they both need to go.
Pretty obvious this wasn't all Fizz's fault.

The Knix, as ever, starting over.
Key is do we (or Dolan) trust Perry-Mills to make the deals to move Morris and other vets in exchange for yute/picks?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: December 07, 2019, 02:25:12 AM »

Some coaches around the league I like:
McMillan, Vogel, Gentry.

As for Knix, I'd bring in Bzdelik as an interim.
Guy preaches D.  Not looking for a head coach gig, but would take one if offered.
Edit: he's on Gentry's NOPe staff.

Who's out there now?
Thibodeaux
Joerger
Hollins
Kidd
Mark Jax
JVG/SVG

Skiles
Larry Drew
McHale
Hoiberg
A Very Johnson
Mo Cheeky

That's some pretty good talent.  And that's roughly my order.
A lot of no-nonsense guys.  I prefer coaches who preach D.
(but I never really know about coaches and fit with teams that well)

Kidd and Jax offer up some drama, but it's not like we don't have drama of the crappy sort now.  Be great to have SVG & JVG tandem coaching. 
At least all 4 of those can handle NY.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: December 07, 2019, 02:40:08 AM »

I’m curious to see how Mike Miller does.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: December 07, 2019, 02:53:20 AM »

probably best for the  tank as well . . .

I presume we'll see more fixed rotations, and the return of Elf could help stabilize things somewhat.  Be interesting to see how M&M handles the 3-headed PG.  I hope Franc continues to start (unless we need to showcase Elf/Smith for a trade).

Wonder if there will be any other directives to showcase someone.  Morris doesn't need it.  But Elf, Ellington, Taj, Randle, Smith could.

It would be foolish and counterproductive to lean heavily on vets hunting for a few W's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1848