Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 907706 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9240 on: December 08, 2019, 06:31:51 PM »

If someone comes to us with a knockdown offer on the 15th, we should listen and pull the trigger on a really good deal. Since nobody has maintained or improved their value besides Morris, it would probably be an offer for him. Otherwise we should wait and see if Miller can install a reasonable game plan and find out how players look in a less chaotic setting.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: December 08, 2019, 06:42:39 PM »

If someone comes to us with a knockdown offer on the 15th, we should listen and pull the trigger on a really good deal. Since nobody has maintained or improved their value besides Morris, it would probably be an offer for him. Otherwise we should wait and see if Miller can install a reasonable game plan and find out how players look in a less chaotic setting.

Nobody's coming to us.  Ain't happening.

chipstern

• View Profile
Trader Vics [Be Careful What You Wish For]
« Reply #9242 on: December 08, 2019, 06:54:16 PM »

Otto Porter

$27,250,576   $28,489,239

Thaddeus Young   

$12,900,000   $13,545,000   $14,190,000

Lauri Markkanen   

$5,300,400   $6,731,508   $9,026,952

Lauri an intriguing stretch-foud seven footer, only 22, and I reckon some of the Trader Vics on this forum view him as, I don't know, Porzingis Light?  Offensively, okay...defensively?  Mmmmmm?  Still, why would the Bulls want to bail on him? 

When healthy the past two seasons, for 29-32 minutes, a 43%/36% 2 & 3-Pt shooter, 7.5 and 9.0 boards and a very good FT shooter 84 & 87%, getting to the line 166 & 195 times. 

This season he is nursing an oblique injury and in 29 minutes his FG% is 37.1/31.4, rebounding down some, assists up. 

Otto Porter?  Just turned 26. 

Currently nursing a bad bone bruise in his foot.  In 15 games for the Bulls last season, his FT% was 90.6% and a 3-Pt % of 48%.  Nice.

In 9 games/25 minutes this season, 41.4-40.0% and FT shooting down 90.6 to 75%. 

Another nice player. 

But seriously?  Two seasons at 27-28 million NICE? 

Because we are disappointed with Randle and Portis, and Knox in only his second season, is coming along too slowly for some, so, off he goes to trail the ghost of Trevor Ariza and Rod Strickland and all of those young Knicks we gave up on too damn soon. 

Thaddeus Young?

Currently shooting 40.0/33.3 with a resounding FT% of 58.6%. 

AND with Courtney Lee guaranteed money through 2022. 

"Moving Randle is addition by subtraction. Who we get back is only somewhat relevant."

[Chortle]

Well, hey, since you put it THAT WAY, who am I to argue with such sublime, forward-thinking logic.

Not to give, Julius a hall pass on 16.8/8.6/3.4 stat line, sullied as it is by 43.6/23.7 FG% and a grim 66.2 FT%.

STILL, if the idea is to BAIL on our contractual commitment, and find Julius a better fit somewhere out West, taking back long term contracts seems, in light of how consciously we leveraged cap space in the KP Deal, oh, I don't know...

SOMEWHAT FUCKING RELEVANT

Persevere. Trader Vics, persevere, but you might want to think things through a tad more

Or, as FACIL, so sensibly puts it:

Or as the learned FWK sums things up, NOT HAPPENING. 

To which I would add, let's see what Julius and Portis and Knox and RJ and company look like between now and the new year with a new coach and ELFRID PAYTON manning the rudder. 

At such times, I am comforted that Scott Perry, his decision making skills such as they are [cough], is in survival mode and in fear for his mortal soul, and thus, unlikely to follow through on any of these brilliantly crafted deals.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:09:42 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: December 08, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »

Tuesday     December, 10    10:00 PM EST    at Trailblazers                                       
 Wedday    December, 11    10:30 PM EST    at Warriors                                       
 Friday    December, 13    10:00 PM EST    at Kings                                       
 Sunday    December, 15    8:00 PM EST    at Nuggets                                       
 Tuesday    December, 17    7:30 PM EST    vs Hawks                                       
 Friday    December, 20    8:00 PM EST    at Heat                                       
 Saturday    December, 21    7:30 PM EST    vs Bucks                                       
 Monday    December, 23    7:00 PM EST    vs Wizards                                       
 Thursday    December, 26    8:00 PM EST    at Nets                                       
 Saturday    December, 28    8:00 PM EST    at Wizards                                       
 Wedday    January, 1    7:30 PM EST    vs Trailblazers    

This eleven game stretch is a good sample to evaluate the roster under our interim coach.

Good, bad, or ugly, he’s fairly mainstream and runs things you see in good amounts from 20 or more teams. This lets us, the fans, as well as talent evaluators look at what’s happening and not have to wonder if it was the player’s fault or due to some incomprehensible scheme.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: December 08, 2019, 08:21:09 PM »

Young plus Dunn for Randle.  Saves 5 mil for 20-21  Opens playing time for VERNON CAREY.  Maybe we get a #2 tossed in.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: December 08, 2019, 08:30:04 PM »

THJ going off tonight

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: December 08, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »

Young plus Dunn for Randle.  Saves 5 mil for 20-21  Opens playing time for VERNON CAREY.  Maybe we get a #2 tossed in.

Good LORD

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: December 08, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »

Good LORD

Young and Dunn for Randle & Smith JR. Ups our team smarts, discipline, defense, and energy at both positions. Since it’s Chicago, I’d send them cash to sweeten if necessary.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7253918

Mitch, Young, and Morris is a very good defensive frontcourt. Taj and Bobby bring quality to the second unit.

I’m not sure where Dunn fits, but he pushes everyone the way they need to be pushed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:58:01 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: December 08, 2019, 09:08:55 PM »

Good LORD

Heh.

Thats what I get for sitting in for Diddley

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: December 08, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »

Good LORD

Heh.

Thats what I get for sitting in for Diddley

You have long championed Payton, so I have it in my power to forgive you. 

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Trader Vics [Be Careful What You Wish For]
« Reply #9250 on: December 08, 2019, 10:56:37 PM »

Otto Porter

$27,250,576   $28,489,239

Thaddeus Young   

$12,900,000   $13,545,000   $14,190,000

Lauri Markkanen   

$5,300,400   $6,731,508   $9,026,952

Lauri an intriguing stretch-foud seven footer, only 22, and I reckon some of the Trader Vics on this forum view him as, I don't know, Porzingis Light?  Offensively, okay...defensively?  Mmmmmm?  Still, why would the Bulls want to bail on him? 

When healthy the past two seasons, for 29-32 minutes, a 43%/36% 2 & 3-Pt shooter, 7.5 and 9.0 boards and a very good FT shooter 84 & 87%, getting to the line 166 & 195 times. 

This season he is nursing an oblique injury and in 29 minutes his FG% is 37.1/31.4, rebounding down some, assists up. 

Otto Porter?  Just turned 26. 

Currently nursing a bad bone bruise in his foot.  In 15 games for the Bulls last season, his FT% was 90.6% and a 3-Pt % of 48%.  Nice.

In 9 games/25 minutes this season, 41.4-40.0% and FT shooting down 90.6 to 75%. 

Another nice player. 

But seriously?  Two seasons at 27-28 million NICE? 

Because we are disappointed with Randle and Portis, and Knox in only his second season, is coming along too slowly for some, so, off he goes to trail the ghost of Trevor Ariza and Rod Strickland and all of those young Knicks we gave up on too damn soon. 

Thaddeus Young?

Currently shooting 40.0/33.3 with a resounding FT% of 58.6%. 

AND with Courtney Lee guaranteed money through 2022. 

"Moving Randle is addition by subtraction. Who we get back is only somewhat relevant."

[Chortle]

Well, hey, since you put it THAT WAY, who am I to argue with such sublime, forward-thinking logic.

Not to give, Julius a hall pass on 16.8/8.6/3.4 stat line, sullied as it is by 43.6/23.7 FG% and a grim 66.2 FT%.

STILL, if the idea is to BAIL on our contractual commitment, and find Julius a better fit somewhere out West, taking back long term contracts seems, in light of how consciously we leveraged cap space in the KP Deal, oh, I don't know...

SOMEWHAT FUCKING RELEVANT

Persevere. Trader Vics, persevere, but you might want to think things through a tad more

Or, as FACIL, so sensibly puts it:

Or as the learned FWK sums things up, NOT HAPPENING. 

To which I would add, let's see what Julius and Portis and Knox and RJ and company look like between now and the new year with a new coach and ELFRID PAYTON manning the rudder. 

At such times, I am comforted that Scott Perry, his decision making skills such as they are [cough], is in survival mode and in fear for his mortal soul, and thus, unlikely to follow through on any of these brilliantly crafted deals.

I'm a fan that happens to believe this is a team that can turn a corner soon.

And I happen to think its a matter of recalibrating the personnel which the FO baked into the summer signing pie.

We don't have a definitive sample size of games to become Nostradamus but we've seen A LOT in that small sample size.

Randall has a limited BBIQ - he's not getting smarter with more playing time.

DSJ has all the physical tools but is a straw short of a full bale when it comes to actually playing the game with others.

If nothing else, these two have to be moved out of the picture.  They are wasting everybody's precious time.

Morris is a guy you sign a contract extension with.  He played under Stevens and learned.  You don't trade that.

I don't know Randall's market but I do know that the Free Agency/ Tank/Cap Space tropes are all dead.  We will still be a very young team with lots of lottery picks if we move on from these two.

I want Mills to succeed. Delaying the pruning of this roster will kill his chances of holding the job. When you got nothing you got nothing to lose by taking some bold steps.

Move these two.  Any useful assets coming back are a plus.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:58:11 PM by FWK00 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Trades by Bo aka Bo Did it again ....
« Reply #9251 on: December 09, 2019, 03:44:27 AM »

Nets keep winning with Kyrie out.
Whispers of Kyrie being difficult.
PerryMills need to save their @sses.

So simply:

Morris, Barrett, Portis, Elf, Jr. Smith, Taj, Ellington
traded for
Kyrie and KD
(maybe Claxton and/or Kurucs thrown in to balance bodies)

Knix get their star FA's and just pretend the Summer PF FA haul was just a subterfuge.  All designed to, uh, fire Fizz.  Yeah, that's it ...

Knix:
Kyrie  - Datsun - KD - Randle - Mitch
Frank - Trier - Knox - Claxton
+ high draft pick
(sure that's next year, but this year already be sunk)

Nets ditch their overpriced fragile unneeded huge-contract primadonnas.  Morris and RJB are the prizes as they'll fit right in.
Elf/Smith provide a backup PG.

Nets:
Dinwiddie - LaVert - Joe Harris  - Morris - Jarhead Allen
Elf Payton - RJayB - Taur Prince - Portis -  Taj/DeAndre

Nets could try to reroute a few guys such as Ellington, Smith, Taj, Portis. Though Portis is an ending deal, so good to hang on to.
Nets would need to waive Wil (suspended), Shump, Pinson.  Maybe give us a Kurucs or Musa but then NYK probably have to kick in Bullock/Trier/Franc level contract, which might be necessary anyway.

Okay, my simply was just levity.
It's completely insane
KI + KD make so much ($69M) Knix have to throw a ton of players in.

The fundamental idea isn't that crazy.
Knix = desperate
Nets = nervous

= Insane super-trade

Nets bail on injured stars as they play well/better without them.  Basically add in Morris, RJB and Elf to what they have working now.  Nest get out form under the huge commitments to Kyrie and Durant.  And with KI/KD off the books they can re-sign Morris (and Harris).

Just for the record, I think Kyrie and KD are a disaster waiting to happen.
And I'd hate to lose RJB.  But it sure would reorient the Knix future.  It's a path.  And we'd finally have a high-level (and high maintenance) PG.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 03:53:37 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: December 09, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »

Randall has a limited BBIQ - he's not getting smarter with more playing time.

Wow - unfair take alert.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: December 09, 2019, 08:33:29 AM »

Morris is a guy you sign a contract extension with.  He played under Stevens and learned.  You don't trade that.

But this one is excellent

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »

I want Mills to succeed. Delaying the pruning of this roster will kill his chances of holding the job. When you got nothing you got nothing to lose by taking some bold steps.

Also well said -thoug bold steps arent what you take when you want to follow through with your initial plan.

I dont think they will tear this down.  I think they will take the pieces they drafted - keep what they like from the guys they signed - and see if a run is possible with Mike Miller.

I think even winning 30 games and falling short of the eight slot - in Mills/Perry's eyes - is a win.  And yeah, I know - for draft purposes -  its not so much.

ut if you think of the term "build", 17 to 30 falls in there.  17 to 17 is a)  not progress and b)  demoralizing to those coming back
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1847