Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899464 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9285 on: December 09, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »

Nets are 6-4, Raptors 3-0, Philly 4-4, Boston 3-4

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: December 09, 2019, 09:01:46 PM »

Fizz was hurt by not having Elfrid. It let us find out in a big way what a mess he was putting together. A healthy Elfrid would have done what he wanted to and it would have been better. If Miller can keep Elfrid healthy and productive while still using and developing Frank, we’ll probably bump our record.

Some things will remain ugly until Miller can put in his terms and actions with which to focus and tune to specific opponents. A great headache among those is defending opponents pick and roll.

I’m ready to resume enjoying a season that will read like tanking with progress.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: December 09, 2019, 09:17:03 PM »

I have no problem at all with all 5 starters returning for 20-21

Bump Robinson for Carey or Payton for Anthony?  Sure.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: December 09, 2019, 11:59:57 PM »

I want Mills to succeed. Delaying the pruning of this roster will kill his chances of holding the job. When you got nothing you got nothing to lose by taking some bold steps.

Also well said -thoug bold steps arent what you take when you want to follow through with your initial plan.

I dont think they will tear this down.  I think they will take the pieces they drafted - keep what they like from the guys they signed - and see if a run is possible with Mike Miller.

I think even winning 30 games and falling short of the eight slot - in Mills/Perry's eyes - is a win.  And yeah, I know - for draft purposes -  its not so much.

ut if you think of the term "build", 17 to 30 falls in there.  17 to 17 is a)  not progress and b)  demoralizing to those coming back

Actually I was riffing on an interview with the CEO of Disney that was aired a few days ago.  One of the things his wife told him when he got the job was that the average term of most CEOs was very short.  With that in mind, Eisner decided to take chances, bought Pixar, and partnered with Steve Jobs, and so on.

I've never suggested they "tear it down".  To the contrary, pruning hard simply recognizes that the summer signing spree was an exercise in taking a shotgun blast approach to identifying keepers.  It remains a thoughtful and intriguing risk.

In essence, the FO wanted to identify a keeper or two from the pack (IMO, Payton and Morris) and make available the rest to interested contenders for a premium.  The premium may not get realized in all cases but the concept is sound.  The Darko trade enabled the Knicks to fortify their roster with sensible contracts and insulate themselves from crippling injury.  Again, the fact that the losses don't reflect that insight is unfortunate.

I hate to sound repetitious but two players who need to be promoted are Allen and Wooten.  The reason is the defensive intensity they add to the third string.  Ideally, Wooten takes Randall's spot and Allen supplants DSJ.  This is not a tear down.  It reinforces the rebuild with an emphasis on defense something Miller knows how to deploy.

Given the disappointment of this start, I've reconsidered the value of tanking.  It makes little sense at face value.  There's a lot more luck involved AND yet another year of not learning how to win.  Instead of imagining a bright and shiny lottery star let's imagine another year just like this NEXT YEAR.

No, I think we need to start winning.  There's no logical reason not to.  We will have draft picks coming out of our ears in the next few years - more youth is not the problem.  Winning is.

And Free Agency is an eternal magical wishing exercise.  Let's trade for a useful player or two who are pros. 

Hahn has floated a reconsideration of trading for CP3.  If its Randall, DSJ, and say Portis or Ellington for CP3 and a future pick or two - what's not to like?  In that case, Payton  becomes movable. Go out and identify a decent young forward or two.  Make it interesting.

Miller can't fix the same team that has just 4 wins.  He needs some help with a tweaking of the roster.  Mills and Perry are on the right path.  Mills can expose a much better team and record with some help.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: December 10, 2019, 08:45:19 AM »

50/40/90 shootimng has always been a sign of extreme sniperism.

WHAT player is most complete - if we take 1 % point away - and ask who has attained the marks for career?

In other words - nobody has 50/40/90 career mark

Who has 49/39/89
48/38/88
47/37/87
46/36/86
45/35/85 - likely many

Who is the current KING of shooting - and who is in top 5?

(ROUND UP FOR PERCENTAGE - thus a .377 is .38)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:06:11 AM by kiidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: December 10, 2019, 10:44:25 AM »

Steph Curry is damn close:  48% 44% 91%
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: December 10, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »

Curry is top 5.

He's an 8 - that is 48+/38+/88+

There are three other 8s - and jus one player who is a 9 - 49+/39+/89+

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:43 AM »

First clue - 2 players are active.  3 retired.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: December 10, 2019, 11:14:25 AM »

Coach Kerr
Reg Sensimiller

When Fizz got canned, Kerr lamented a bit and praised Fizz.
Then Kerr said if he took the Knick job some years back when Phil offered instead of GSW, Kerr said he probably would have been fired 3 years ago and considered not such a good coach.
His point was that you need player talent and organizational stability and support.  And that's not always easy to find (and by implication the Knickers ain't got it.

I also spotted on Hoopshype that the Knix have the worst record this century.  With a winning % barely above 40%.  Next worse was CHA.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: December 10, 2019, 11:24:42 AM »

His point was that you need player talent and organizational stability and support.  And that's not always easy to find (and by implication the Knickers ain't got it.

We'll see

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: December 10, 2019, 11:28:29 AM »

Coach Kerr            48   45   86     
Reg Sensimiller      47   40   89

CURRY       48   44   91

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: December 10, 2019, 11:31:56 AM »

Of the 4 remaining -

1 is a somewhat similar player to Curry

1 is similar to Kerr

The other 2 similar to neither

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: December 10, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »

The knicks have enough horses to win some games and a lot of those close games we lost, should not have been close.  Everybody always forget when the shit gets canned.  Fizdall shitty switch defense on every play became the laughing stock of coaches, who knew run a pick and you'll have a guard on a big, easy 2 points, if they double swing the rock to the open man on the perimeter easy 3 points.  Every team did it.  It was so obvious except to Fizdale.  We made shitty shooters look like Ray Allen.  Mike's first fix should be stick to your damn man. stay on him like a wart.  That alone would fix 60% of whats wrong with the knicks.  The roster should be in the top 8 if a suitable offense was applied. Randall should shoot no more then 2 threes a game, I'd let crazy eyes take more threes then Randall.  Run pick and rolls, some screens to get Dotson open.  I mean I coached little league and had a better offense then these pro's.  WTF is so hard.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: December 10, 2019, 11:35:51 AM »

Nash might be #1

Hornacek?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:39:08 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1844