Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899692 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9450 on: December 15, 2019, 10:58:52 PM »

We’ve got some tough ones coming up. It would be nice if we would continue to show progress.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
PP Club
« Reply #9451 on: December 15, 2019, 11:02:39 PM »

Disappointing as the last 6 minutes were, this team is playing MUCH better with coach Miller, just with in-game decisions. He hasn’t had a chance to practice otherwise. Impressive!

Hey Chip, now that we have a real coach, can I re-join de Positive Pussies Club?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Frank & Elfrid
« Reply #9452 on: December 15, 2019, 11:07:52 PM »

Splitting 48 minutes down the middle.

Combined 23-12-16

5 Steals. ZERO Turnovers.

*** didn't see the game, but seems like post-FIZ progress continuing apace.

***** where are all those six-fingered, 48-IQ having beeyatches talking about +'- this and can't play that...

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:21:28 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Since you didn't watch the game
« Reply #9453 on: December 15, 2019, 11:43:14 PM »

Frank was a monster in the first half scoring 12 pts on 5 shots.

He was a different player and possibly concussed in the 2nd half.

He tried to take a charge and his head hit the hardwood.

Hope he's ok.  He showed heart before whatever happened and he faded.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
Progress
« Reply #9454 on: December 16, 2019, 12:04:14 AM »

Thanks for that stat, Dawg.

Significant.  Interesting short stretch when Miller played Frank and Elfrid together.

Remember when Don Nelson was shit canned and JVG took over, Dawg?

Knock on wood, but Miller, even with negligible practice time seems to have already had an impact on the culture.  Our defense in the third quarter was impressive.

Our offense in the fourth?

Let's see how our fourth quarter end game execution might benefit from a few practices.

As bad as Frank played of late, he was really plugged in tonight.  He and Elfrid seem to be having a very positive effect on each other.

PS: Kevin Knox showing some evolved tenacity and snarts on both offense and defense.  Mitchell playing more under control.  Julius hoisting up all of those treys makes me wince, but when playing to his strengths, PLAYED BIG, a real muscle forward.  Morris with an impressive run in the third quarter and seems to be having a nice cumulative I influence on Kevin. 

PPS: RJ?  Rough outing.  Be interesting to vector his bounce back.  I will be interested to see how Coach Miller helps Dennis get his groove  back

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: December 16, 2019, 01:20:54 AM »

Elf had a near trip-dub in 25 mins, yet a near-team worst -14.

At least DEN didn't go nuts on 3's.
how's our perimeter D looking under Miller?

DEN hasnt been playing well.
How did Porter Jr. look?
He's a target of mine.
DEN could use MaMo for the playoffs.

Wil is back so Kurucs and Musa could be had.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: December 16, 2019, 02:27:27 AM »

4 of our top 5 scorers are Bigs.
Knix need shooters.
As someone pointed out the other day Knix have drafted poor shooters recently: Franc, Knox, RJB.

RJB:
39% / 30% / 54%
Some low shooting splits there.   

5 games in OCT: 47 / 42 / 41   
13 games NOV : 32 / 39 / 56
7 games in DEC: 30 / 30 / 65

His shooting numbers have really dropped after a hot start.
He was billed as a non-shooter and it's proving true.
At least his FT% has improved to almost acceptable levels.
But those shooting numbers are worrisome.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: December 16, 2019, 02:54:48 AM »

Porter looked good but he’s going to need to fill out some.

We didn’t particularly make it easy to get the threes they wanted but we didn’t actually stop them either. Their numbers were helped by kick outs after 50-50 balls they won.

Grant and Barton were too quick for our wings and we had no answer for The Joker.

I think we can go a long way to improve our shooting by working for and taking better shots, which is starting to happen.

With Porter, Grant, and Milsap who was out tonight, I think Denver might be set at PF.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: December 16, 2019, 03:04:46 AM »

They could use Morris at SF.
I'd rather have Barton off the bench at either wing spot in a Craw/LouW microwave role.
I think they could use Morris' toughness and grit and physicality.
I think they have a solid team which won't go too far.

I thought Grant was a terrific pickup and thought he'd have more impact.  But Milsap has had a strong year, and Grant hasn't fit in as well as expected. 

I see DEN as a very deep team that should cash in some depth for more rotation quality.  Porter, Juancho, Beasley, Torrey Craig, Monte Morris are all quality bench guys who could be moved.
I'd take almost any two of them for Morris.  Porter the real prize, though he's akin to Knox.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: December 16, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »

surprising to see plain vanilla platitudes about the notion that the NBA is stronger with a strong Knicks team

Simple thought experiment?

Do fans have a tendency to "tune out" when their team isn't good and has no chance of the playoffs?

I know i do.  In the NFL, unlike with the Knicks, I don't make sure I watch every second of every Giants game -- cuz they're no good.  If they were good i would spend more of my time and money on them.

Who has the most fans?

The Knicks are probably at least in the Top 5 of North American fan populations.

SO if you take all those fans and give them a reason to cheer, you have more people tuning in, and more people spending time and money on your product.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: December 16, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »

Knicks 30th in FG%; 24th in 3=PT% & 30th in FT%

The gap between the Knicks league worst 67.9% FT and the next worst team is 4.7%.  4.7% better FT shootign would move the 2nd worst FT shooting team right about league average tied for 16th.

I never trust players who shoot FT's poorly.
There's usually something wrong with their shot mechanics and its indicative of being a bad shooter overall.  It also seem to be a fair proxy for confidence and focus and preparation.  These are guys you can't trust at the end of games.  And bad FT shooters will often shy away from contact at the rim.  It's a whole ball of crud.
And Knix larded with poor FT shooters ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: December 16, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »

surprising to see plain vanilla platitudes about the notion that the NBA is stronger with a strong Knicks team

Simple thought experiment?

Do fans have a tendency to "tune out" when their team isn't good and has no chance of the playoffs?

I know i do.  In the NFL, unlike with the Knicks, I don't make sure I watch every second of every Giants game -- cuz they're no good.  If they were good i would spend more of my time and money on them.

Depends. Last year I tuned out completely. There was nothing to watch. No progress. Abysmal coaching. Players with no future on the team eating minutes. No intention to win — if the team doesn't try, why should I? But did NOT tune out from NBA, plenty of great basketball to watch. Haven't tuned out from this year's model — though still won't stay up late for the second halves of those west coasters — there is stuff to see...was even in in late-period Fiz up till those last two games. Interesting team dynamics and some improvement. Knox fitfully getting better. Frank steadily getting better. New players with some game — at least Morris and of course RJ. Would surely have tuned out completely at some point, though, if Fiz hadn't met the fate he so richly deserved. NOTE: I am largely an anomaly amongst my crew — and they are basketball folks, mind you, players and aficionados & knick fans — they have tuned out completely and definitely won't be tuning back in any time soon.

Who has the most fans?

The Knicks are probably at least in the Top 5 of North American fan populations.

SO if you take all those fans and give them a reason to cheer, you have more people tuning in, and more people spending time and money on your product.

Back in the old days, maybe it mattered. When Knicks were maybe 10% of North American TV market. Now, we are quite reduced part of a global market. Maybe 1% of the whole. And all players and all teams available all the time no matter where you live. A strong Knick team really doesn't mean big doo doo to the NBA's success.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:06:57 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: December 16, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

1% of the fans starting to SPEND ON things like:
jerseys,other team merchandise and gear and licensed products,
league pass subscriptions, more media spend in the NY market

When you're trying to grow your business by mere percentage points every year

IS significant

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: December 16, 2019, 02:05:15 PM »

All true, no doubt, another percent is nice, but league success is no longer seriously impacted in any way by our success. You'd best believe, if it was, that somebody would have done something sometime in the last 20 years.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: December 16, 2019, 03:09:17 PM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1844