Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899462 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9465 on: December 16, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »

http://knickerblogger.net/new-york-knicks-105-denver-nuggets-111-millers-first-five-games-recap/

Shows some Fizz-Miller splits so far.

Frank’s been a smoldering pile of manure under Miller until last night, but I wouldn’t read too much into that if we’re evaluating Miller’s performance. Frank just suffered some sort of mental breakdown that also coincided with the re-emergence of Elfrid Payton (and that could have worsened Frank’s already brittle confidence). Anyway last night Frank played great, even dunking on a fastbreak and emoting plenty after that. He’s still kind of a bust, but I can’t, I can’t, I won’t stop rooting for him. It’s like a doomed crush. You know you need to stay away from that, but you can’t. That’s how I feel about Frank. I know I’ll be let down, but I’ll revel in every spark of passion from now until my heart bursts in a firework of thorns.

How i feel about Frank too. 
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: December 16, 2019, 04:39:17 PM »

http://knickerblogger.net/new-york-knicks-105-denver-nuggets-111-millers-first-five-games-recap/

Shows some Fizz-Miller splits so far.

Frank’s been a smoldering pile of manure under Miller until last night, but I wouldn’t read too much into that if we’re evaluating Miller’s performance. Frank just suffered some sort of mental breakdown that also coincided with the re-emergence of Elfrid Payton (and that could have worsened Frank’s already brittle confidence). Anyway last night Frank played great, even dunking on a fastbreak and emoting plenty after that. He’s still kind of a bust, but I can’t, I can’t, I won’t stop rooting for him. It’s like a doomed crush. You know you need to stay away from that, but you can’t. That’s how I feel about Frank. I know I’ll be let down, but I’ll revel in every spark of passion from now until my heart bursts in a firework of thorns.

How i feel about Frank too.

Ditto. 

Last night the heart won out, and he was exceptionally competitive. 

Alas, oft times he overthinks things and his entire physical and mental edifice freezes. 

Again, I believe the current competitive platoon with Payton is doing them both some good.  Too early to give up on French Frank.  Nor on Dennis. 

PS: Frank made a wonderful shovel pass in the paint last night that had a certain AUDACITY and PURPOSE, and deserved to be a highlight film assist, alas, the target (forget who) could not convert. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: December 16, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »

Frank looks worlds better now the offense has a purpose, the PG has a role, and 3 or 4 guys aren’t standing around in the paint all possession. I’d still give it five more games or so before a system is more fully established.

RJ May need Payton’s help and Frank may look better with Payton and Dot so I think it’s possible that Miller looks at swapping the order of the PGs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: December 16, 2019, 05:32:35 PM »

All true, no doubt, another percent is nice, but league success is no longer seriously impacted in any way by our success. You'd best believe, if it was, that somebody would have done something sometime in the last 20 years.

They did.  The NBA did an intervention and foisted Donnie Walsh on Dolan in an attempt to stabilize the Knix franchise and get the Knix competitive.

If the Knix were the Yankees of the NBA, and lived up to their pedigree, and everybody wore their hats and junk, it would boost the NBA well beyond 1%.  Though even 1% of a trillion is almost real money ...

As for the Knix, I've been advocating two-way players and defenders for ever.  Now my next main push is shooters.
Get some guys with a deadly stroke.  Hell, another year of clanking and I'll be missing Tim Jr. . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: December 16, 2019, 08:11:36 PM »

They could use Morris at SF.
I'd rather have Barton off the bench at either wing spot in a Craw/LouW microwave role.
I think they could use Morris' toughness and grit and physicality.
I think they have a solid team which won't go too far.

I thought Grant was a terrific pickup and thought he'd have more impact.  But Milsap has had a strong year, and Grant hasn't fit in as well as expected. 

I see DEN as a very deep team that should cash in some depth for more rotation quality.  Porter, Juancho, Beasley, Torrey Craig, Monte Morris are all quality bench guys who could be moved.
I'd take almost any two of them for Morris.  Porter the real prize, though he's akin to Knox.

They are not dealing Michael Porter

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: December 16, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »

They could use Morris at SF.
I'd rather have Barton off the bench at either wing spot in a Craw/LouW microwave role.
I think they could use Morris' toughness and grit and physicality.
I think they have a solid team which won't go too far.

I thought Grant was a terrific pickup and thought he'd have more impact.  But Milsap has had a strong year, and Grant hasn't fit in as well as expected. 

I see DEN as a very deep team that should cash in some depth for more rotation quality.  Porter, Juancho, Beasley, Torrey Craig, Monte Morris are all quality bench guys who could be moved.
I'd take almost any two of them for Morris.  Porter the real prize, though he's akin to Knox.

They are not dealing Michael Porter

Got THAT right. 

We chose Knox at what, #9? 

Denver chose Porter at #14. 

If we'd had the patience to eat a year while he rehabbed his back, well, who knows. 

Does he have more upside than Knox?  Perhaps he is more athletic, a more fluid shooter, but Knox is progressing, and has a year of miscues and brain farts behind him.

Denver can afford to nurture him, what with a veteran big such as Milsap still rolling along, and a 25 year old Grant in the mix. 

I find Porter Trade Projections LAUGHABLE.  Denver did not spend the #14 pick in the draft on someone who if healthy might have been a top 3 pick, to trade him for a bag of magic beans.  They think long term that they have something special, and they may be right. 

MEANWHILE.

Dallas without Luca, leading Milwaukee going into the final six.  KP with 26-10-4, the Freak with 41, and good old Timmy, doing his Mister Consistency Thang, 1-10 with 4 TOs in 24 minutes.  Feast or Famine, our hero. 

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: December 16, 2019, 10:40:16 PM »

Frank looks worlds better now the offense has a purpose, the PG has a role, and 3 or 4 guys aren’t standing around in the paint all possession. I’d still give it five more games or so before a system is more fully established.

Worlds better? Jesus, it was one game. Just one game.

Frank scored 2 points in each of the four (4) previous games before that (since Miller took over). In that same span, he had 6 assists and 6 turnovers.

Yeah, let's hope he can stretch his last effort into two games. Or three. That's what we want.

But take it easy with the notion that our Frenchman has finally taken the great leap.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:26:28 PM by elephant »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: December 16, 2019, 10:46:18 PM »

take it easy with the notion that our Frenchman has finally taken the great leap.

There was another game earlier in the year that Frank played well and everyone breathed a sigh of relief that we finally had our PG and Frank had finally figured it out.

Give Frank 3 more years and yeah he may get there.

What will he want as a Free agent?

What is Frank worth to the Frank fans?

10mil per year?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: December 16, 2019, 11:08:49 PM »

3 years my ass, y'all so fucking stupid.

Nobody saying that anybody has taken any great leap. 40 more starts will do just fine to see where he's at before you got to give him 10 million bucks.

A couple bad outings in first three games of the third coach he's had in three years and the hippos went berserk.

Just let 'em play and stop saying stupid (scripted) shit every time somebody has a bad half. Or a good half.

Where's DJr the pure shooter..(still laughing my ass off over that stupidity). Where's Elfrid Frazier?...Where's Superman?

Looks like coach has things under control.

Now the front office on the other hand....

*** just watched Mavs end Bucks streak w/o Luka. Freaky as it gets. Fun. Two KP threes, the second from outskirts of the Bucks' center court logo, break Bucks back with 4 and change to go and gives Mavs a 15 point lead.

Budenholzer pulls Giannis. Carlyle pulls his guys. Then Bucks subs almost bring Bucks back. In comes Giannis with like 12 seconds left, scores 6 points in like 3 seconds. Timmy Jr. who has gone 1-10 has to take a lot of free throws. Now in comes Porzingis. A Porzingis block (not on Greek) basically puts an end to what would have become a furthering of a legend performance ala Reggie Miller vs. us.

We got what pile of shit for KP?

We hired what piece of shit instead of Budenholzer?

***DJr couldn't play for this Carlyle? Doesn't deserve to play in this league.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:21:57 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: December 16, 2019, 11:56:45 PM »

That's the problem with Tim Jr.  Consistency.
Kiid thought I'd quibble over OT the other day, but Hardaway played a strong game, shot lights out, gave his team a chance to W.  All you can ask.  But then comes back with almost as many turnovers as points in a 1-10 clunker.  Which is why I see him best as a bench guy where you can let him gun and gauge if he's got it that night or not.  (yes starting Tim has worked and I assume Carlisle will stick with it)

For most of this year, Tim has had 4 or 5 stinkers followed by 4 or 5 hot-shooting strong games.  Last 4 its hot-cold-hot-cold.

Brunson has had a nice year.  Got the start with Doncic out.
Scurry 1.0 has been coming on.  I kind of forgot they had Delon Wright.  Surprised he's already 27.  Another inconsistent feller.

Looks like a pretty strong game from KZ.
I thought he was coming back after 30 days ... (?)

DAL has a tough schedule with Luka out.
But off to a good start.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 03:42:26 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: December 17, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »

Mavericks 12-3 last 15 - including wins over Bucks, Lakers, Raptors and Rockets.

All 3 losses at home (Clippers, Heat, Kings)

Hardaway 45/39/87 during the run

Porzingis  40/32/73
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:57:28 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: December 17, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »

Hardaway = reasonable averages, horrible consistency.
Extreme streakiness. Reliability is important, especially in the playoffs.

Tim Jr in December (last 8 games):
42.2% FG / 31.7 on 3's /  84.6FT (just 1.6 FTA's per)

First 4 games in DEC, Tim went 4-24 on 3's.  Ouch.
Followed that with a 9-12 scorching.
Next game 0-5; then 6-14, and another 0-5.

That's 19/60 on 3's.  But just 2 good shooting games and 6 clunkers.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:16:13 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
A Shooter On The Way?
« Reply #9477 on: December 17, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »

Marc J. Spears: Knicks say Reggie Bullock (cervical surgery) has been cleared for full participation in practice, beginning tomorrow. – via Twitter MarcJSpearsESPN

A career .392 3-pt shooter. 

And a .828 FT Shooter, but does not get to the line very much. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 02:27:54 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: December 17, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »

Tim Hardaway.
7th season.
400+ games. 200 starts.
3 point % under Carlyle finally, for first season since, back up to what it was his rookie year under Woodson.
We can safely say he is what he is.

*** and that's what Bo sez he is.

**** and Bullock is what Chip sez he is. Welcome.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:11:34 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: December 17, 2019, 07:26:19 PM »

KNICKS FAVORED BY 2.

AT HOME

vs a 6 win team!

Lock of the year.

Over 220 was also a nice bet - but its up to 225 already.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 1844