Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899571 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9766 on: December 30, 2019, 06:22:31 AM »

Blazers are going to come in pissed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: December 30, 2019, 10:02:29 AM »

We went with big strong guys who can move their feet and what do you know, with sane coaching, they can play good team defense even when combined with our lanky pups.

Don’t think we need to add a guard or a wing, at least not until we see what we have in Bullock.

We definitely don’t need to add a PF since that is the heart and meat of this team.

We need another rim protector. It would be a bonus if that guy had a means to score.

We are not winning a chip this year and are unlikely to reach the playoffs so win totals are mostly irrelevant except as they hurt our draft position. Where they are relevant is league wide respect and attractiveness to free agents.

If we play .500 ball or better the rest of the way and exceed my 32 win prediction by a few games, that might be the ideal outcome heading into next summer. I don’t think this is an outcome that’s beyond our reach.

It means under Miller we’re a playoff trajectory team that has a ton of flexibility and is adding a lotto pick.

Elfrid, Marcus, and Julius play just fine together and the biggest problem with them is keeping Marcus Morris past this year.

We are building. It’s not the same as being fully built. After so many years of crumbs it’s no surprise people won’t recognize half a loaf. Half a loaf is what we have and that’s a good thing.

Good stuff, Facil. 

Not sure what we have, but playing competitive with Portland would be a good sign. 

But so far, Miller seems to have stabilized things on defense, simplified things for Randle to help him attain a base level of performance efficiency, proven a competent in-game coach, and an up and comer int terms of prepping the team to play.  Players spoke of his game plan for the Nyets, and that was a rare FUN WIN, particularly sticking it to Dimwiddie (who is a player I respect and admire, but he has been a little loose with his lips, and was made to account for it). 

As per Dawg and our plans or lack thereof, well, the coaching change was much mocked in the media and amongst the coaching fraternity (save for Jeff Van Gundy, for whom Miller had toiled as an assistant on the International Stage), but it seems to have at the very least been a wake up call--A SOURCE OF FOCUS--for our disjointed scrum of free agents to be.  Props to Allan Houston for championing his coaching protege. 

As per BoD and his withering disdain for all thing Julius Randle, I finally had an opportunity to watch my DVR of the game, and now you have me confused, BoD.  The way you spun things I was expecting to see a Randle dominating cats in wheel chairs, like a special Olympics kind of a hang.  I don't give a fuck how many second rounders and G League cats the Wiz have, and OBVIOUSLY then are seriously undermanned, but I saw some competitive MFs wearing Wizards jerseys, and this is THE FUCKING NBA.  Randle is playing playing under control...he is playing more to his strengths..is playing a balanced game as an inside/outside scorer, rebounder and facilitator.  Still commits too many turnovers, but hell, Elfrid Payton of all people was a turnover machine the other night.   

I trust if Julius does not rise to such 30-10-5 levels against a more dangerous, fully-functional team such as Portland, we'll get to hear you roll out some more smug dismissals, further proof that I am an incorrigible pussy, with suspect judgement.  As well you might. 

Have at it. 

But in the meantime, what I perceive in Julius Randle, is a cat who wanted the big stage, who wanted to be the bell cow, who withered under the hot lights midst the chaos and confusion of Fizdale's dubious stratagems, as the ex-coach struggled to make sense of his roster, and to impart some semblance of structure.  JR is finding his sea legs, and his confidence, and is playing with some sense of purpose and leadership. 

BoD thinks he's a bum.  Fair enough.  JR is reminding me of When Amare was healthy and had that stretch of double double games, albeit, with a more coherent, more talented squad in the pre-Melo Epoch. 

But then, during free agency, deluded misfit that I am, and unconvinced that he had any fucking shot at Durant or Irving, I was pulling for Julius Randle...and Bobby Portis.  SO BLAME ME.  They were Chip's signings. 

Anyway, Melo comes home, with a dangerous and talented Portland team.  Let's see which Knicks team shows up for their 2020 debut, who wants to remain a Knick, and who might just be trade bait. 

PS: It would behoove Bullock, with his rep as a SG/SF who can defend and shoot the lights out, to come out and have a Sprewell type opening game as a Knick.  Fingers crossed. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:19:46 AM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: December 30, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »

Things could change, but Smith is considered third on the depth chart as Payton/Ntilikina give the Knicks the defensive posture Miller wants.

Not so sure, when all are healthy.

But doesn't matter - thanks for the POST link

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: December 30, 2019, 10:09:34 AM »

Blazers have not beaten a good team since 10/27 (Mavs)

But they play steady vs teams they should beat.  Lost once to Cavs and once to Thunder, wining all others since then (after a quick scan, so assumes I didnt overlook one)

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: December 30, 2019, 10:23:43 AM »

Blazers have not beaten a good team since 10/27 (Mavs)

But they play steady vs teams they should beat.  Lost once to Cavs and once to Thunder, wining all others since then (after a quick scan, so assumes I didnt overlook one)

Yet oddly enough, we beat Dallas twice, in highly charged contests, with a motivated KP and Timmy, and an absolutely out of his mind Luca, doing his best imitation of Pistol RePeater, Larry Birdfeeder and Drazen Petrovic. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Lonzo BALLING
« Reply #9771 on: December 30, 2019, 10:27:51 AM »

Lonzo Ball with a breakout game against the Rockets.

Albeit, without no Harden or Westbrook (or Tyson Chandler), but again, hardly a special Olympics Team. 

10-20

7-12

With 10 boards, 8 assists and 2 steals. 

JRUE [10-18, 4-9, 2 boards, 5 assists, 2 blocks].

Nice back court. 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: December 30, 2019, 03:17:39 PM »

I thought I've been pretty mild in my criticisms of Randle.
Haven't mentioned turnovers and such.
Wish he played better D.  Then I could live with his limitations.
Still think he's a hard guy to build around.
Mitch & Randle seem like they clog the paint too much together
And since RJB is shaky on 3's, need to add outside shooters and defenders. Randle is also best as your 3rd O option.  And with a genuine PG, so Randle handles less.

I think folks are getting a little giddy and lightheaded from a handful of wins.  Play .500 the rest of the season?  Er, no one predicted the Knix playing .500 this year.  We're not that good or talented.

Excising Fizz and his switching and guard the paint ideas has helped.  As has having Elf back.  But mostly we've beaten weak teams.  I like Chip proclaiming THIS IS THE NBA, as I'm pointing out that the Wiz players out there really weren't.  The starting PF who Randle matched up against was recently playing in Israel, possibly for Amare's team.  Sometimes you get a schedule win, when another team is gimpy or tired etc.  You take it but don't predict greatness off of it.

I'm fine sticking with Randle a couple more years.  I'm more interested in RJB, Mitch and Knox's development.  Cleaning out Mills and his crew.  Adding another high draft pick.  Finding a starting PG.  Choosing a direction and possibly sticking to it.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: December 30, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »

I thought I've been pretty mild in my criticisms of Randle.
Haven't mentioned turnovers and such.
Wish he played better D.  Then I could live with his limitations.
Still think he's a hard guy to build around.
Mitch & Randle seem like they clog the paint too much together
And since RJB is shaky on 3's, need to add outside shooters and defenders. Randle is also best as your 3rd O option.  And with a genuine PG, so Randle handles less.

I think folks are getting a little giddy and lightheaded from a handful of wins.  Play .500 the rest of the season?  Er, no one predicted the Knix playing .500 this year.  We're not that good or talented.

Excising Fizz and his switching and guard the paint ideas has helped.  As has having Elf back.  But mostly we've beaten weak teams.  I like Chip proclaiming THIS IS THE NBA, as I'm pointing out that the Wiz players out there really weren't.  The starting PF who Randle matched up against was recently playing in Israel, possibly for Amare's team.  Sometimes you get a schedule win, when another team is gimpy or tired etc.  You take it but don't predict greatness off of it.

I'm fine sticking with Randle a couple more years.  I'm more interested in RJB, Mitch and Knox's development.  Cleaning out Mills and his crew.  Adding another high draft pick.  Finding a starting PG.  Choosing a direction and possibly sticking to it.

And getting some drop dead SHOOTERS. 

Many of Julius' faux pas and imperfections drop away with better shooters, much as the double and triple teams also drop away, or least ways, are more manageable. 

Would LOVE IT if Juilus was a second or third option.  That would mean we have a more balanced offense. 

Are we a .500% team the rest of the way?

Even my glasses are not tinted quite that deep a shade of rosy. 

PS: Anyone think we'd have picked RJ if we had the #2 pick? 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Lonzo BALLING
« Reply #9774 on: December 30, 2019, 05:01:58 PM »

Albeit, without no Harden or Westbrook (or Tyson Chandler), but again, hardly a special Olympics Team. 

10-20

7-12

Nice back court.

Except, wonder of wonders - Ball does not start.

Excellent player.  One of Yankguy's faves.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: December 30, 2019, 05:04:16 PM »

yes

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: December 30, 2019, 05:13:42 PM »

yes

If we had a shot at Jah Morant? 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: December 30, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »

10-20

7-12

Nice back court.

A generational talent!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Sometimes you get a schedule win
« Reply #9778 on: December 30, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »

But mostly we've beaten weak teams.  I like Chip proclaiming THIS IS THE NBA, as I'm pointing out that the Wiz players out there really weren't.  The starting PF who Randle matched up against was recently playing in Israel, possibly for Amare's team.  Sometimes you get a schedule win, when another team is gimpy or tired etc.  You take it but don't predict greatness off of it.

FINAL   1   2   3   4   T

Heat
(24-9, 9-8 Away)

39   24   18   24   105

Wizards
(10-22, 5-8 Home)

29   42   19   33   123
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:21:23 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: December 30, 2019, 10:20:32 PM »

10-20

7-12

Nice back court.

A generational talent!!!

Yank falling for Chico's bait
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1844