Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899470 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Hey, Bo Diddley
« Reply #9780 on: December 30, 2019, 10:48:46 PM »

Guess who that G League/Special Olympics squad from Washington defeated tonight? 

The MIAMI [24-9] HEAT.

Go figure.

Meanwhile, the Wolves taking the Nyets out in overtime with no KAT and no Wiggins. 

PS: You want a trade fantasy, Westbrook ain't for sale, but Karl Anthony Towns might be. 

Marcus Morris, Dennis Smith, Wayne Ellington, our 2020 #1 pick and our #2 pick from Charlotte, and both of the Dallas #1 picks. 

That's a pretty self-serving fantasy.  Marcus could be re-upped as their PF.  Dennis purposed as their PG.  Wayne salary ballast.  If I were Minny I would be asking the Knicks to consider adding Portis and Trier to the scrum.  Maybe a few Of James Dolan's guitars. 

Okay, why the fuck would Minny do that deal?  Could NJ native Towns force their hand, sort of how KP forced the Knicks' hand?   

Oh, never mind. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 10:52:12 PM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9781 on: December 30, 2019, 11:50:23 PM »

Clearly MIA needs Julius Randle.
Maybe they'll trade us Butler and Dragic . . .

With the Wizards minus All-Star shooting guard Bradley Beal and five other key members of their rotation, they got huge contributions from an unexpected trio. McRae, a third-year player, Mathews, in his 11th NBA game, and Mahinmi, a 13-year veteran.

Jordan McRae scored a season-high 29 points, Garrison Mathews had a career-high 28 and Ian Mahinmi added a career-best 25 as the depleted Washington Wizards beat the Miami Heat 123-105 on Monday night.

Mathews, whose previous NBA high was six points, scored 20 in the second quarter.

The crazy thing is with 4 or 5 top guys out, only one WIZ starter had a good game (semi-capable stiff Mahinmi), but the bench, meaning 3rd stringers, went off.

McRae    29 / 4 / 8 assists
Smithish 19 / 3 / 7
?? Mathews 28 Pts, 12-13 FT's
Pasecniks 10 boards in 18 mins.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: December 30, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »

What does KAT need around him to win based on his career so far? How do the Knicks get or keep that with what you propose sending out?

There is really one guy I’d trade for cash or a second rounder 10 years out, DSJ, just to give Allen a roster spot. I doubt we can get a player as good as Kadeem Allen for Smith at this point. I guess an expiring we can waive would be ok instead.

I’m inclined to slow the roll and keep it to baby steps based on the one clear hole on the roster.

Dieng, Dedmon, Kornet, and Muscala are guys I’m keeping my eyes on if one of their teams contacts us about our players.

I’d deal out a redundancy - Taj or Bobby, Wayne, Smith plus or minus second rounders depending on the overall package.

Anything that feels like treading water or any kind of step back as an overall deal without addressing rim protection depth is pure shit in my opinion. I am willing to come out slightly behind in overall talent relative to the status quo to get rim protection depth.  I am happy to accept obviously lopsided trades in our favor with out this caveat.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Hey, Bo Diddley
« Reply #9783 on: December 31, 2019, 12:04:05 AM »

Guess who that G League/Special Olympics squad from Washington defeated tonight? 

The MIAMI [24-9] HEAT.

Go figure.

Meanwhile, the Wolves taking the Nyets out in overtime with no KAT and no Wiggins. 

PS: You want a trade fantasy, Westbrook ain't for sale, but Karl Anthony Towns might be. 

Marcus Morris, Dennis Smith, Wayne Ellington, our 2020 #1 pick and our #2 pick from Charlotte, and both of the Dallas #1 picks. 

That's a pretty self-serving fantasy.  Marcus could be re-upped as their PF.  Dennis purposed as their PG.  Wayne salary ballast.  If I were Minny I would be asking the Knicks to consider adding Portis and Trier to the scrum.  Maybe a few Of James Dolan's guitars. 

Okay, why the fuck would Minny do that deal?  Could NJ native Towns force their hand, sort of how KP forced the Knicks' hand?   

Oh, never mind.

Trader Chip.  It takes us years to stockpile our draft picks and in one fell swoop they're gone.

I think if KAT is available, its a must-have acquisition. Which means NY will be charged a premium.

So something like Portis, Morris, Ellington, Payton, Knox and the two Dallas FRPs for KAT, Dieng, and Layman. Throw in DSJ if they want.

And let me just qualify the ballast - Ellington is ballast based on recent history but could recover in Minny.  Dieng and Layman are largely expendable costs in Minny.  Just guessing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:12:09 AM by FWK00 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: December 31, 2019, 03:12:42 AM »

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7263023

DSJ & DOT for Dunn and Kornet.

Porter Gets hurt a lot. Valentine and Hutchinson are coming along, but aren’t all that. Dot is a shooter who’s long enough to give them coverage at 3. He can also D, board, and table set in a backcourt with Lavine or White that’s bigger and a deeper threat making up in boards what he doesn’t get in steals. Dunn has a QO for two million more than Dennis will get next year. They get developed Lavine. Smith has nearly all the talent and similar obstacles to a second or third year Lavine. They don’t Play Luke much. He counts as a rim protector in my book, at least on some nights. Miller already understands his game and his character. If this trade feels unbalanced, which side would need to add what draft compensation to make it work?

Taj Mitch Kornet
Randle Bobby
Morris Knox Ignas
RJ Bullock Trier Ellington
Payton Ntilikina Dunn

I’d still buy out Ellington (or hopefully get or improve a pick for him) and promote Allen.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: December 31, 2019, 07:20:53 AM »

DSJ & DOT for Dunn and Kornet.

Er.  I kind of like both Dunn & Kornet better.
I was thinking Dunn is a slightly more advanced Jr. Smith, but with defensive instincts.  But Dunn's 3-point shot, which was approaching okay in limited tries, has really fallen off this year.
And he seems to get injured even more than Smith.  I guess I'd say that Dunn is a bit better and more playable now but Smith has more potential.  Maybe.  I haven't seen Dunn this year.  And not much Smith either.

I like both Chop Suey and Datsun as role players.  I thought Kornet was adding some toughness and interior D to his game when the Knix ditched him.  I do think we should choose Trier or Dot, but I doubt CHI wants Trier, since LaVine is their resident chucker.

So I'd do it, but it's a side move.  And without trading Portishead, Taj or another F, Kornet wouldn't get any daylight.  Dunn doesn't help with shooting, and we'd still have the 3-headed PG conundrum.  So either Dunn is 3rd string or Franc gets traded or demoted to DNP.

Our problems run deep and we have plenty of fairly decent role players.  So shuffling role players doesn't do much.  But I'd go for a look at Dunn, sure why not.  I'd also play Kornet and see if he can pop in 3's and mix it up.

Markkanen is the guy we should target from CHI.
But how or why the Bulls would give him up is unclear.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Somehow...
« Reply #9786 on: December 31, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »

... the fact that we are discussing a trade for Luke Kornet as 2019 comes to a close clarifies the need to find a more fruitful diversion for this dawning new decade.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:44:03 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
In Fact...
« Reply #9787 on: December 31, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »

THAT'S IT

Enough is enough.

I'm done. 50 years and out.

Resolution made. This shit is crazy. Only so many decades to waste.

*** and no part of the new one will be spent watching the "development" of Kevin Knox's basketball IQ to a point approaching, but not nearly equaling, that of some of the 5th graders I coach.

*** somebody pm me if Mills & Perry are fired or Dolan dies
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:47:28 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
BS
« Reply #9788 on: December 31, 2019, 11:05:44 AM »

THAT'S IT

Enough is enough.

*** and no part of the new one will be spent watching the "development" of Kevin Knox's basketball IQ to a point approaching, but not nearly equaling, that of some of the 5th graders I coach.

No Sale

YOU

Are

A

LIFER

No Parole For The DAWG

PS: Hearing Kornet's name in trade scenarios did precipitate treatment on a defibrillator. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Interesting
« Reply #9789 on: December 31, 2019, 02:44:52 PM »

Chris Iseman: Knicks say Reggie Bullock is probable for tomorrow’s game against the Blazers. Damyean Dotson (sore lower back), Frank Ntilikina (sore groin) and DSJ (strained left oblique) are all questionable.via Twitter ChrisIseman

Fingers crossed for Reggie Bullock.  We can really use what he is purported to bring. 

So no Dot, Frank or DS. 

Bullock, Trier, Kadeem Allen. 

That--AND THE RETURN OF HIS #1 DAWG, Carmelo Anthony--ought to be sufficient plot points to entice Dawg to put on his Prom Tux and shuffle on down to his regular seat in the Garden. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Interesting
« Reply #9790 on: December 31, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »

Chris Iseman: Knicks say Reggie Bullock is probable for tomorrow’s game against the Blazers. Damyean Dotson (sore lower back), Frank Ntilikina (sore groin) and DSJ (strained left oblique) are all questionable.via Twitter ChrisIseman

Fingers crossed for Reggie Bullock.  We can really use what he is purported to bring. 

So no Dot, Frank or DS. 

Bullock, Trier, Kadeem Allen. 

That--AND THE RETURN OF HIS #1 DAWG, Carmelo Anthony--ought to be sufficient plot points to entice Dawg to put on his Prom Tux and shuffle on down to his regular seat in the Garden.

Justin Kubatko: Most losses in the NBA from Jan. 1, 2010 through Dec. 30, 2019: 1️⃣ 521 – Sacramento Kings 2️⃣ 510 – Minnesota Timberwolves 3️⃣ 491 – Brooklyn Nets 4️⃣ 486 – Phoenix Suns 5️⃣ 484 – New York Knicks * regular season only – via Twitter jkubatko

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: December 31, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »

Should be interesting to see how the available reserve guards play.

I think all our defenders are decent or better on ball for their size and all would look better if we could get more than 23 mins a game from a credible rim protector. We’ve got Mitch and he’s currently giving us just south of that which is better than his rookie year, but still not enough.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7263262

Smith and Ellington for Dedmon. Gives us 40 minutes (or12 fouls) of credible center for less than 15 mil this year and next.

Dedmon Robinson Taj
Randle Portis
Morris Knox Ignas
Barrett Dot Bullock Trier
Payton Ntilikina Kadeem

Bullock could credibly displace Knox or Dotson in the rotation if he plays well and shows fit.

Kadeem Allen might pass Frank.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:13:37 PM by facilitatorn »

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: December 31, 2019, 05:48:08 PM »

I think all our defenders are decent or better on ball for their size and all would look better if we could get more than 23 mins a game from a credible rim protector. We’ve got Mitch and he’s currently giving us just south of that which is better than his rookie year, but still not enough.

Smith and Ellington for Dedmon. Gives us 40 minutes (or12 fouls) of credible center for less than 15 mil this year and next.

Dedmon Robinson Taj
Randle Portis
Morris Knox Ignas
Payton Ntilikina Kadeem

Bullock could credibly displace Knox or Dotson in the rotation if he plays well and shows fit.

Seem to recall that last season we had this Enes Kanter fellow, but alas, Coach Fizz and Coach Kam didn't like him. 

Today, in a Celtics stomping of Charlotte, Enes made the most of his 23 minutes, going 6-7 from the floor with 14 rebounds, 2 assists and 6 blocks, for a +15. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: December 31, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »

Dedmon Robinson Taj
Randle Portis
Morris Knox Ignas
Payton Ntilikina Kadeem

Seem to recall that last season we had this Enes Kanter fellow, but alas, Coach Fizz and Coach Kam didn't like him. 

Today, in a Celtics stomping of Charlotte, Enes made the most of his 23 minutes, going 6-7 from the floor with 14 rebounds, 2 assists and 6 blocks, for a +15.

Kanter has been real solid in mostly an off-the-bench 2nd team roll. He's done a real good job on the boards, O and D, can score, and the Celts team speed and rotations can help cover-up his weakness in the PnR.  All in all a good addition to a team in dire need of a big, with the loss of Horford and Baynes.

Looking down the road, would not be a shock to see Ainge shop for more size for the smallish Celts.

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: In Fact...
« Reply #9794 on: December 31, 2019, 06:16:51 PM »

THAT'S IT

Enough is enough.

Don't do it Dawg.  Don't put yourself on ignore.

We're turning a corner I tell ya.  Any minute now,,,, any minute....

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:19:09 PM by FWK00 »
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1844