Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913458 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: In Fact...
« Reply #9795 on: December 31, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »

THAT'S IT

Enough is enough.

I'm done. 50 years and out.

Resolution made. This shit is crazy. Only so many decades to waste.

*** and no part of the new one will be spent watching the "development" of Kevin Knox's basketball IQ to a point approaching, but not nearly equaling, that of some of the 5th graders I coach.

*** somebody pm me if Mills & Perry are fired or Dolan dies
Don't do it Dawg.  Don't put yourself on ignore.

We're turning a corner I tell ya.  Any minute now,,,, any minute....

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9796 on: December 31, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »

Z-Bo just retired, so Les is a little less today.  He'll come out of it.

I didn't realize POR just lost 4 straight.  but did note that their 4 game winning streak was against creampuffs.  Melo 4-16 in latest L.  A comeback PHX W.  Uber went off 7-10 on 3's.  Likely his career game on 3's.

Uber K has been playing a ton of minutes.  And actually has has 2 or more assists in his last 6 games.  Had 20 / 15 / 5 the game before v. Sacto. Also 8 steals in his last 4 games.  .  Up to 1.7 assists and 1.5 steals per for the season.  Close to 18 / 6 / 2.  45% - 34% - 80% shooting splits.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:53:59 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Enes Kanter wishes a Happy New Year to The Kam(s)ter
« Reply #9797 on: December 31, 2019, 07:57:28 PM »

BENCH       MIN   FG   3PT   FT   ORE         DREB          REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PF   +/-     PTS
E. KanterC   23   6-7   0-0   1-2      2            12            14      2        0       6     0    5    +15     13

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, INCLUDING THE KAM(S)TER!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:04:38 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Enes Kanter wishes a Happy New Year to The Kam(s)ter
« Reply #9798 on: December 31, 2019, 08:53:10 PM »

BENCH       MIN   FG   3PT   FT   ORE         DREB          REB   AST   STL   BLK   TO   PF   +/-     PTS
E. KanterC   23   6-7   0-0   1-2      2            12            14      2        0       6     0    5    +15     13

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL, INCLUDING THE KAM(S)TER!

He was getting the same minutes last year for four times the money but complaining!

Hope he's happy.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: January 01, 2020, 01:02:26 AM »

Kadeem Allen might pass Frank.

Jeez - give it a rest

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: January 01, 2020, 02:17:46 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: January 01, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »

And Allen shined in his (only?) appearance earlier this year.

Will be good to see him again.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: January 01, 2020, 09:37:27 AM »

Wolves say NO KAT TRADE

One piece said Nets, Celtics, Hawks were possibles, given assets of each of those teams (Dinwiddie-Allen, Tatum/Heyward - Collins/Huerter  at the forefront with picks)

The latest

https://hoopshype.com/storyline/karl-anthony-towns-trade/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: January 01, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »

And Allen shined in his (only?) appearance earlier this year.

Will be good to see him again.

Has hit 20 of 41 three pointers as a Knick

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: January 01, 2020, 09:46:51 AM »

Allen had to be the league's oldest draft  pick.

Out of University of Arizona - was 24 1/2 years of age when drafted 53rd in 2017

What's his story?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: January 01, 2020, 10:20:06 AM »

Wolves say NO KAT TRADE

One piece said Nets, Celtics, Hawks were possibles, given assets of each of those teams (Dinwiddie-Allen, Tatum/Hayward - Collins/Huerter  at the forefront with picks)

Interesting trade ideas.
Dimwilly looks ready to run his own team and MiNi needs a PG.  Allen is a nice young rim-adjacent C.  Nets could throw in Musa or Kurucs.  Minny would have:
Dinwiddie - Wiggins - Culver -Covington - Jarhead Allen
Teague - Okogie - Bates-Diop - Kurucs - Dieng

They'd be relying on Wiggy heavily.  But Covington could get more touches.  And Dinwiddie is a nice scorer/competitor.

Nets would have Kyrie - KD - KAT.  Market that in Brooklyn as KKK and what could go wrong  ...

Seriously though, a Nets trade is interesting for both teams. 
You hate to give up the best player in a deal, but they're losing with KAT, they need a PG . . .

A Tatum + package is probably an easier sell to the fanbase, but Wolves would still need a PG.  BOS would get the BIG they need at a serious cost.  They'd still have Kemba - Smart - Jaylen - KAT.  But Tatum is a big part of their identity, and he looks to be an all-star soon enough.  I'd do it for BOS if they kept Hayward and moved some other pieces -- Tatum + Theis + Robert Williams.  Hell, I'd probably do Tatum and Hayward, but much rather do Jaylen and Hayward (+ Theis).

Very interesting.
Thanks for that info.
(also makes it clear Knix have little to offer)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: January 01, 2020, 10:56:42 AM »

A Tatum + package is probably an easier sell to the fanbase, but Wolves would still need a PG.  BOS would get the BIG they need at a serious cost.  They'd still have Kemba - Smart - Jaylen - KAT.  But Tatum is a big part of their identity, and he looks to be an all-star soon enough.  I'd do it for BOS if they kept Hayward and moved some other pieces -- Tatum + Theis + Robert Williams.  Hell, I'd probably do Tatum and Hayward, but much rather do Jaylen and Hayward (+ Theis).

Celts have very few bad contracts or large contracts to trade in a KAT type trade.

Brown is still under his rookie deal and his new deal doesn't kick in until next year. 

the other obvious centerpiece of a TW-Celts trade would be Tatum, but unless the Celts sign him to an extension ASAP, the trade chemistry doesn't seem to be avaialble. Still not sure it would work in a '20 trade (according to NBA rules)

The only player that seems to work according to the trade machine is Gordo for KAT.

Would TW entertain Gordo, the Memphis '20 #1, (1-6 protected in '20, then unprotected in '21) and  maybe 2 more 1s?

Celts might have to wait until next year to go KAT fishing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 10:59:28 AM by bankshot1 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: January 01, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »

I hadn't looked at the payrolls.
Damn, Kemba makes a lot!

I can see why a deal would probably need to center around Hayward.

This is kind of interesting:
KAT + Dieng = Hayward, Theis and one of Tatum/Jaylen

Minny would get 3 good players and ditch Dieng's big next year.

If this went down it would likely be BOS trying to pry KAT away, assuming MINNy wants to keep their franchise guy.  So they get a young replacement possible all-star in Tatum (or Jaylen), an overpaid jack of all trades Gordo, and a serviceable C.

Meaning Minny would demand a steep price for KAT.
And the niggling could be over Tatum or Jaylen.

Would you go for that bank?  With Jaylen in the trade?  Or Tatum?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: January 01, 2020, 01:14:41 PM »

Damn, Kemba makes a lot!

If this went down it would likely be BOS trying to pry KAT away, assuming MINNy wants to keep their franchise guy.  So they get a young replacement possible all-star in Tatum (or Jaylen), an overpaid jack of all trades Gordo, and a serviceable C.

IDK

I assume one of the J's has to go in a KAT trade, its like Sophie's Choice, (sorry if anyone's offended) there is no good choice. Both players have very high upsides and are getting better. Those guys will be 2-way monsters.

If I'm giving up either one plus Gordo (if he stays healthy he's a very good and smart player, he could be a difference maker this year if no trade for a big is pulled off, IMO jack of all trades underplays his abilities) I don't want Dieng, I keep Theis, and perhaps go instead for Covington.

That one works on the trade machine

Tatum + Hayward = KAT + Covington

I might stand pat thought, I really like the Celts as designed, even if they're a little small, They're legit good and if everyone ever plays together are deep and will be a pain in the ass in a series.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: January 01, 2020, 02:56:48 PM »

Damn, Kemba makes a lot!

IDK

I assume one of the J's has to go in a KAT trade, its like Sophie's Choice, (sorry if anyone's offended) there is no good choice. Both players have very high upsides and are getting better. Those guys will be 2-way monsters.

If I'm giving up either one plus Gordo (if he stays healthy he's a very good and smart player, he could be a difference maker this year if no trade for a big is pulled off, IMO jack of all trades underplays his abilities) I don't want Dieng, I keep Theis, and perhaps go instead for Covington.

That one works on the trade machine

Tatum + Hayward = KAT + Covington

I might stand pat thought, I really like the Celts as designed, even if they're a little small, They're legit good and if everyone ever plays together are deep and will be a pain in the ass in a series.

Wiggins + Hayward + Tatum = REDUNDANT
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1848