Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908786 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9870 on: January 02, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »

Not too worried about the Celts, they  have a lot of young talent, they'll compete and they're fun to watch.

They play great hoops most night

TI-TLE

Celts still seek the big splash.  Even had they properly drafted Ball, a trade/big signing of a star(see Kyrie) needed to occur.  That's the NBA.

heh

kid you've doubled-driibbled poor Lonzo too many times.

You and the Lakers got suckered by the hype.

And Ainge got the guy and the pick he wanted.

and the 76ers after giving up a #1 were either half-empty

or

wait for it

not yet

now

half Fultz

heh

I expect Ainge will make a move, and probably for an insurance big, but it might not be an AD sized splash.

I do not think this team needs it.

I understand you don't see it the same way.

ZERO titles is 46 years fogs your vision.

Fultz appears to be coming around after a rough journey.  Happy for the kid. 

He and Ball seem to be at roughly the same point in their evolution. 

Not unlike Frank Ntilikina [yes, Kiid, I can hear you snickering...have at it...takes a while for many point guard puppies to find their sea legs]

Tatum was a great pick, and I admired Ainge's thinking thereof. 

Would he have been better off with Fultz or Ball than Tatum? 

That is debatable.  HIGHLY DEBATABLE. 

Ainge converted assets and draft picks into Kyrie Irving. 

And when KI bolted, he converted that cap space into Kemba Walker, a match made in heaven. 

Philly ended up offloading Fultz to Orlando. 

LA ended up offloading Ball to New Orleans. 

They look to be evolving nicely in new environs. 

Tatum? 

A fucking stud muffin. 

When we selected Kevin Knox, there were comparisons to Tatum.

We should only be so lucky.  Kevin is coming along in his sophomore season, but he has a long way to go vis a vis the commanding all-around game Tatum is strutting in his third season. 

Kiid is on record as believing we should have selected/traded down to pick Miles Bridge and/or Donte DiVincenzo.  Many Knicks fans were enraged when we did not select Michael Porter, who fell to Denver at #14. 

And Kam continues to re-litigate Enes Kanter, who at a 4.7 million/5.0 million has been a good value/fit as a role player for the Celtics.   

Good luck to your Celtics, Bank.  Kemba said that he considered the Knicks, but, hey, at this point in his career, fit-wise and money-wise, the Celtics were sure a no-brainer. 

ONWARDS. 

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Me 3
« Reply #9871 on: January 02, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »

So good we got a real coach. This game was FUN. Haven't felt so good about the Knicks for a long time.

Sure was. Good thing I got over Z'Bo's passing in time to bounce back and watch....

Nice start to 2020 for Knick fans.

*** easy to believe Damian and perhaps a few other Trailblazers may have been suffering from the aftermath of spending New Year's Eve in the Big Apple, but whatever, we'll still take it.

**** hard to believe, 1,000 posts and a year-and-a-half later, a brand new decade begins with Kam still trying to crawl out of Enes' Anus.

Thank Frazier, you're back!

For a nanosecond I thought you had flat lined out of here.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: January 02, 2020, 06:45:23 PM »

So good we got a real coach. This game was FUN. Haven't felt so good about the Knicks for a long time.

Sure was. Good thing I got over Z'Bo's passing in time to bounce back and watch....

Nice start to 2020 for Knick fans.

*** easy to believe Damian and perhaps a few other Trailblazers may have been suffering from the aftermath of spending New Year's Eve in the Big Apple, but whatever, we'll still take it.

**** hard to believe, 1,000 posts and a year-and-a-half later, a brand new decade begins with Kam still trying to crawl out of Enes' Anus.

Knicks fans are subject to intermittent spasms. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: January 02, 2020, 06:45:35 PM »

Tatum was a great pick, and I admired Ainge's thinking thereof.

Would he have been better off with Fultz or Ball than Tatum?

That is debatable.  HIGHLY DEBATABLE.

Chip

We on Elba can debate anything. And we do.

But that doesn't really mean all opinions debated should be afforded the same weight.

Does anyone here other than kid not believe the Celts picked the 76ers pocket with the Fultz/Tatum and a lottery pick trade?

And only LaVar, Magic and kid bought the Lonzo hype.

I have not uttered a single negative word about Fultz or Ball, nor wish then any ill-will, but these are the facts.

Lonzo missed a considerable # of games in his rookie year, and really never developed in LA, Fultz barely played his first 2 years, trying to straighten out his head, shoulder, and jump shot, while Tatum seems to be on track to becoming an all-star. Plus the lottery pick.

So in this regard, 3 years post '17 draft, Ainge got his cake and ate it as well.

Sure anything could happen in the future but to continue this debate at this point, is pretty much pure trolling or evidence of insanity.

And

Happy New Year

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: January 02, 2020, 07:15:51 PM »

To win 50-55 games?  Probably not

Celts attempt a huge move this summer

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: January 02, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »

Should Irving leave, and the team’s bid for an Anthony Davis trade fall through, then short of moving ahead with what’s left, Danny Ainge’s creativity will be tested like never before. Though he wouldn’t share specifics, Grousbeck has admittedly heard some fairly exotic scenarios being discussed. “There’s definitely scenarios being spun inside the basketball office,” he said. “I’m there every day listening to them, that involve a number of players. I’ve heard a lot of scenarios. We’ll just see what happens.”

As I said....

Ainge knows BIG SPLASH is way to go

May or may not involve Tatum or Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: January 02, 2020, 07:21:33 PM »

I think Lonzo is thought of highly by NBA execs

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: January 02, 2020, 07:36:48 PM »

To win 50-55 games?  Probably not

Celts attempt a huge move this summer

HOT TAKE!

btw, Celts playing at about a 60-win pace

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: January 02, 2020, 07:41:52 PM »

Should Irving leave, and the team’s bid for an Anthony Davis trade fall through, then short of moving ahead with what’s left, Danny Ainge’s creativity will be tested like never before. Though he wouldn’t share specifics, Grousbeck has admittedly heard some fairly exotic scenarios being discussed. “There’s definitely scenarios being spun inside the basketball office,” he said. “I’m there every day listening to them, that involve a number of players. I’ve heard a lot of scenarios. We’ll just see what happens.”

As I said....

Ainge knows BIG SPLASH is way to go

May or may not involve Tatum or Brown

Your quote was before the Cs got Kemba to repalce KI.

Its irrelevant as it regards their future.

Big splash with or without Tatum or Brown?

HOT TAKE!!!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: January 02, 2020, 07:44:46 PM »

I think Lonzo is thought of highly by NBA execs

Here's one for you kid

and you can do it with 2020 hindsight

Celts just trade #1 to 76ers for the #3 and a future pick

76ers pick Fultz with the #1

Lakers on the clock-who do you pick?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: January 02, 2020, 08:39:02 PM »

I tried, failed miserably, didn't make 48 hours.  All for the best, haven't figured out what the hell to replace Knicks with anyway and would've missed a heck of a game.

*** among many other things, sure was liking that Buh-lock debut, he really brought something we needed.

Hey, Lesterdawg, y'all want a piece of this screechy little byatch?

LOL, if that boy can't get off the Kant and wants to keep soiling himself in public on a thrice daily basis 'til 2030, well, GODSPEED

*** I do think he should stop by the doc or a neighborhood urgent care facility 'cause when it comes out of the ass N mouth at the same time like that it's usually amebic dysentery or cholera at the very least.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: January 02, 2020, 08:50:54 PM »

right

no matter

chipstern

• View Profile
From Enes Kanter To Immanuel Kant
« Reply #9882 on: January 02, 2020, 08:54:33 PM »

I tried, failed miserably, didn't make 48 hours.  All for the best, haven't figured out what the hell to replace Knicks with anyway and would've missed a heck of a game.

*** among many other things, sure was liking that Buh-lock debut, he really brought something we needed.

Hey, Lesterdawg, y'all want a piece of this screechy little byatch?

LOL, if that boy can't get off the Kant and wants to keep soiling himself in public on a thrice daily basis 'til 2030, well, GODSPEED

*** I do think he should stop by the doc or a neighborhood urgent care facility 'cause when it comes out of the ass N mouth at the same time like that it's usually amebic dysentery or cholera at the very least.

Perhaps he could transition from Kanter to Kant. 

Two less letters. 

More ennobling....

Immanuel Kant [April 22, 1724 – February 12, 1804) was an influential Prussian German philosopher in the Age of Enlightenment.

In his doctrine of transcendental idealism, he argued that space, time, and causation are mere sensibilities; "things-in-themselves" exist, but their nature is unknowable.

In his view, the mind shapes and structures experience, with all human experience sharing certain structural features. He drew a parallel to the Copernican revolution in his proposition that worldly objects can be intuited a priori ('beforehand'), and that intuition is therefore independent from objective reality.

Kant believed that reason is the source of morality, and that aesthetics arise from a faculty of disinterested judgment. Kant's views continue to have a major influence on contemporary philosophy, especially the fields of epistemology, ethics, political theory, and post-modern aesthetics.

This should be right up Kam's alley, and help relieve the stress of his Kantereque obsessions. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: January 02, 2020, 09:23:25 PM »

right

no matter

It rendered the quote irrelevant at best and intentionally misleading at worst.

kid-you were caught and called in another bullshit bluff and you had nothing.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: January 02, 2020, 09:30:08 PM »

Speaking of Kant

A 20th century poet philosopher once noted,

"You Kant always get what you want

But if you try sometimes well you might find

You get what you need"
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1847