Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900446 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #9990 on: January 05, 2020, 02:37:36 AM »

I'd trade any of our players except Mitch -- while RJB is worth more to us than we'd get in any trade.  One thing I like about RJB is that he is a physical rook.  That's what impressed me early on about Tatum and Jaylen.  A willingness to take it to the rack and make contact.  Knox for instance looks germophobic out there or like he's secretly addicted to heparin.

Knix need a starting PG and shooters more than they need Randle or anyone else we have.

Most of my deals have been trying to move Morris, because he has the most value, putting up a career year, and he's pretty plug and play on most teams.  I can imagine many playoff teams believing he could boost them into contention.  UTA, POR, LAC could use a starting PF/F.

PS: Clips are not giving Harrell to ANYONE. 

There's talk La Clips won't be able to afford or won't be willing to pay him what he's worth.  Montrezl's low salary makes it hard to make a deal work numberswise.  But yes, I like Harrell better than Randle, and don't consider Trezl a spare part. 

Some worry that Mitch and Harell do the same kind of rimrunning, and I think that concern (with Capela) is why the Rockettes were willing to move Montrezl (or they just didn't have faith he develop as he has).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:54:22 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: January 05, 2020, 02:49:56 AM »

Overall, from a team perspective, I'd rather trade Randle and re-sign Morris.  Morris is more versatile, more of a leader, more of a 2-way player, just a bit old for our squad, but you always need vets to lead the way.

Morris an easier guy to build a team around too.  Though by the time Mitch, Knox, RJB and Franc become any good, if ever, Morris will be a greybeard.  But he could be a solid transitional figure.  Morris would love a long-term contract and home, and he has a hard-nosed Knick vibe to him.

I am profoundly ambivalent about Julius with a tinge of distaste (gee, you think that sentence might rub chip's fur the wrong way?).  Randle is a throwback, a one-position post-up bull with shoddy defense.  His 3-ball which was coming along last year has deserted him.  Mr. Versatile he's not.  Fairly solid at what he does, but hard to build around his limitations (which include blackholeism and turnovers). 

Is Randle going to become consistent on 3's or play average D?  I don't see it.  But if so, that'd make him more useful and I could be on board.  Otherwise if he remains, and remains as is, you need to bring some guys in who fit around Randle (shooters and defenders), and preferably bump him to 3rd option where he could thrive.  But is Randle really a guy you build a team around?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:57:10 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: January 05, 2020, 03:01:58 AM »

As we're playing guys, Randle and Portis are PF's, Taj a C and Morris an SF.  But really Taj is a PF/C.  And Morris an SF/PF.

A question is what about Knox.  Is he an SF or PF?  Right now an F, but he needs to board and defend better to play PF which is what he'll likely grow into.  And RJB -  an SG or SF?  Right now he's just a Wing, but which position is natural for him?  Blasting through smaller G's worked well for him early in the season until teams counteracted.  But to build a team, we need to look 3 years out and see where those pups will play and what's needed next to them.

It's too bad Portis can't maintain any consistency.  Then he could either be a solid cog in what we're building or be a good trade chip.  But his D is weak and he shows up every 3rd game.  Looks terrific every now and then.  Then wanders around lost for a couple games.

Knix, with our record and needs, should start showcasing some guys in Jan & Feb.  Portis, Franc, Randle, Payton, Taj, Trier etc.  Morris has already proven himself.  Jr. Smith looks like a basketcase for this year (unlikely to turn it around before the deadline).

As for shooters, maybe Bogdanovich needs to be a serious Knick FA target.  Guy has some handle and passing ability as well.  Would $15M cover him?  Say 3/$47M.  4/$52 too low?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: January 05, 2020, 04:24:57 AM »

Wow, Memf crushed La Clips scoring 140.  LAC needed that Randle defense.  Actually PG and PaBev were out.  Crowder really filled up the stat sheet.  4 straight 30+ assist games for Memf.

Memf's 7-10 Road record is better than PHI and POR (both 7-12) and the same as INDy.

Oddly 6 teams have better Road v. Home records:
Lakers, Mavs, Hornets, TWolves, Suns, Griz.
Three more -- Knix, Hawks, Pels -- have the same number of Road and Home W's.

Wiz 3rd unit did it again.
Shot 37-56 = 66%.  Just 2 turnovers.
Troy Brown 25 & 14 boards (from your SG!)
Ish went off too.  Pasenics.
Wiz bench (3rd unit due to 1st unit out) killed the vaunted DEN bench.  Dropped 128 on the Nuggies.  (DEN needs a trade... needs Morris ...)

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: January 05, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »

Knix need a starting PG and shooters more than they need Randle or anyone else we have.

Watch the replay of NO at LAL and tell me Lonzo Ball isn't everything this board has been clamoring for.

The brother act comes to NY?

Not so far fetched.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: January 05, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »

There's talk La Clips won't be able to afford or won't be willing to pay him what he's worth.  Montrezl's low salary makes it hard to make a deal work numberswise.  But yes, I like Harrell better than Randle, and don't consider Trezl a spare part.

You have been told ten times now - you vastly underrate Randle

Word around the league is his 2 years remaining looks good at his price - and we would have no shortage of suitors

But he fits our team as well.

Trade a Randle and you'll just be looking to add a Randle

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: January 05, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »

Public service announcement

Game today is at 330 pm eastern

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: January 05, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »

48/33/83 last ten games for Randle as he settles in

More along the lines of career (FG) and career best (3 pt) percentages

23 and 10

turnovers (2.2) down but assists (2.7) also down
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:21:09 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: January 05, 2020, 01:59:02 PM »

Watch the replay of NO at LAL and tell me Lonzo Ball isn't everything this board has been clamoring for.

The brother act comes to NY?

Not so far fetched.

Don’t see how either Ball bro help with rim protection depth.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: January 05, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »

Word around the league is his 2 years remaining looks good at his price - and we would have no shortage of suitors
But he fits our team as well.
Trade a Randle and you'll just be looking to add a Randle

His contract is palatable because of the way it's structured.
Next year he makes $19M, but the following year only $4M is guaranteed.  So he effectively is on a 2 year deal.  With the 3rd year akin to a team option.

Lots of suitors?  Doubt it.  But if so, I'd love to hear what we could get.  If we trade Randle, I doubt we're in the market for another post-up PF who doesn't defend the rim or make 3's.

I think Randle would have looked better this year playing with a decent PG and in a better scheme.  And I think that's more or less what has occurred with the return of Payton, better play by Franc, Miller taking over.  But he's still tasked with too much, because of our team limitations.

I still need something more from Randle: consistency, leadership, 3's, defense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: January 05, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »

I think Lonzo has talent.  But he's had injury woes and he'd be another poor shooting PG.  His 3's are up to league average (35.6%) on a half dozen attempts per, but his FT's are at a measly 53%. 

If he was available on the cheap, I'd be interested.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: January 05, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »

Randle is a strong durable dude who can D on the perimeter, boards, gets tough buckets through contact, and be a consistent volume scorer. He doesn’t protect the rim as much as he can walk off the paint. He’s no kind of drive deterrent nor will he be. Defensive motor, focus, and off ball work all need much work. We’ve got a good coach and a reasonably priced year for what he brings already. You don’t look to max him out unless he starts living a lot closer to his peak.

Mitch
Randle Portis
Knox Iggy
Barrett Bullock
Payton Frank

Resign Morris if he’ll come for a reasonable deal. Sign an alpha scoring guard and some rim protecting depth, your probable lottery pick, and spin.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
Kadeem
« Reply #10002 on: January 05, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »

No surprises there.

Every time he has gotten some daylight, he has delivered.

Then misses two FTs.

PS: Top bad Portis can't string together two games in a riw, eh, Bo?

Then he picks up a dumb as taunting technical.

chipstern

• View Profile
Taj
« Reply #10003 on: January 05, 2020, 04:22:52 PM »

Has been getting called for those moving fucking screens all season.

PS: Harrell a BEAST.  Clippers get their wake up call.  Time out Mike.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: January 05, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »

"Harrell is dominating"

Two games in a row.  Color me impressed!  Mr Consistency.

Frank uninspired.
His 23 foot shot went 21 feet.
Got the ball poked away in the backcourt.
Made a weak obvious pass that LouW almost stole.
All in 3 or 4 possessions.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1844