Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 906980 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10035 on: January 06, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »

First, no one would blink if Knicks traded a vet on a one year contract.  Especially if it looked to be part of a youth/rebuild plan.  I would offer however that the stench from the Melo, KZ and Noah disengagements still hasn't lifted.

Next, Craw was a sloppy gunner with an AND1 mentality and atrocious defense.  You might have fond memories of his late career resurgence as a 6th Man gunner.  But for the Knix he refused to come off the bench, acted like a punk and sulked.  When we traded him to GSW he had a terrible year.  Then he had two bounce back years with ATL when he finally was willing to come off the bench.  Followed by a terrible year in POR (38% FG & 31% on 3's).  And then became a bench fixture in LAC.
Craw for his career 41% FG and 35% on 3's and consistently bad D.

I've said before that Ariza should have been a 10-15 year Knick.  But he actually played defense, was athletic, had a burgeoning offensive game which for some reason irked Larry Brown.

I've never understood Brown crapping on Ariza, Starbury dismissing Frye, Melo poopooing Jeremy Lin.  Horny banishing Noah; Phil running down Melo.  A problem in Knickland when teammates and coaches and execs don't work as a team and pull for each other.  For all his faults, Fizz did seem to instill some camraderie.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:41:04 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: January 06, 2020, 03:03:55 PM »

First, no one would blink if Knicks traded a vet on a one year contract.  Especially if it looked to be part of a youth/rebuild plan.  I would offer however that the stench from the Melo, KZ and Noah disengagements still hasn't lifted.

Next, Craw was a sloppy gunner with an AND1 mentality and atrocious defense.  You might have fond memories of his late career resurgence as a 6th Man gunner.  But for the Knix he refused to come off the bench, acted like a punk and sulked.  When we traded him to GSW he had a terrible year.  Then he had two bounce back years with ATL when he finally was willing to come off the bench.  Followed by a terrible year in POR (38% FG & 31% on 3's).  And then became a bench fixture in LAC.
Craw for his career 41% FG and 35% on 3's and consistently bad D.

I've said before that Ariza should have been a 10-15 year Knick.  But he actually played defense, was athletic, had a burgeoning offensive game which for some reason irked Larry Brown.

I've never understood Brown crapping on Ariza, Starbury dismissing Frye, Melo poopooing Jeremy Lin.  Horny banishing Noah; Phil running down Melo.  A problem in Knickland when teammates and coaches and execs don't work as a team and pull for each other.  For all his faults, Fizz did seem to instill some camraderie.

Point taken. 

WTF?

ADDENDUM:  Yes, a 41% shooter in his final full season as a Knick.  Is it worth noting that in JC's final full year as a Knick [2007-2008] he averaged 20.6 ppg, shot .864% from the FT Line, and tallied 5.0 assists and 1.0 steal a game on a Knicks team where Marbury and Curry were spinning out of earth orbit.  And that in 2008-2009, both he and Zach Randolph were playing well when Donnie Walsh was inspired to dump both Jamal and Zach, for what exactly.  But then, Donnie also was inspired to trade David Lee rather than give him a contract, for which he received in return, a cripple, an undersized-no offense center with a faulty heartbeat, and a washout prospect.  Thus clearing cap space for LeBron.  COUGH.  Meanwhile, Jamal and Zach and David had productive NBA careers. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:56:56 PM by chipstern »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: January 06, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »

For all his faults, Fizz did seem to instill some camraderie.[/b][/i][/color]

Point taken. 

WTF?

More to the point:

WFC, lol, this ain't no care bear party for 5-year-olds, keeps the worst players happy while alienating the only ones that matter...or who have a brain? Ain't no good points with the worst fucking coach in NBA history.

*** who bought the stale cheese for how long? lesterluv could have saved you the trouble after week one...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: January 06, 2020, 03:47:37 PM »

BTW, speaking of historically awful, last night's second quarter was a disgrace, perfect exposition of Adam Silver's no defense allowed 150 points per game preferred "product"...don't begrudge anyone their techs even though they helped lead to our loss..horrible ref shit..the no-touch-allowed basketball freaked everyone out for at least two quarters
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:50:30 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
Dawg GONE
« Reply #10039 on: January 06, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »

BTW, speaking of historically awful, last night's second quarter was a disgrace, perfect exposition of Adam Silver's no defense allowed 150 points per game preferred "product"...don't begrudge anyone their techs even though they helped lead to our loss..horrible ref shit..the no-touch-allowed basketball freaked everyone out for at least two quarters

What can you do?

It's bullshit, but, it's all part of the FANS WANT TO SEE OFFENSE shtick.

Me, I reckon I'm not the only one who has fond memories of Pat Riley and his "ugly" brand of bully ball, of tough defense, hard fouls, hand checking. 

Knicks championships were built on a defensive foundation. 

YAWN, right? 

Next time you hear Clyde discussing Jerry Sloan, check out the respect and reverence (and FEAR) in his recollections. 

PS: Easy Opportunities.  The Holzman Knicks.  The Auerbach Celtics.  Roll that around on your tongue.  As per the modern game, one of the things which CONTINUES to impress me about DEVIN BOOKER, besides his obvious all-around skill set and competitive verve, is that HE TAKES WHAT THE DEFENSE GIVES HIM, and is not obsessed with this bullshit analytic which holds that two-point shots are not only unproductive compared to treys, but a mis-use of offensive sets.  Color me STOOPID (feel free to jump in, people), but anytime the ball goes into the hoop that is a good thing, is it not, and part of the art and science of the hoops DAWG & I grew up enjoying, was when skilled individuals and their team mates worked to create EASY OPPORTUNITIES

PPS: I remember somebody pooh poohing the Big O, and dismissing how ALL OSCAR ROBERTSON DOES is back his man in and shoot a short jumper or get fouled and go to the charity stripe.  Well...DUH.  How BORING.  Like Devin Booker, Oscar was a solid 6'5" 205-201 pounds of MAN.  For the first EIGHT FUCKING YEARS of the Big O's career, for all intents and purposes, he was good for 30 points a night, and ten assists, getting to the charity strip 10-11-12 times a night, night in and night out, and converting FTs at an 85% clip--and he would get to the charity stripe like 800-900 times a fucking season for the first 7 years of his career.  HELLOThat's HOOPS.  Oh, and for the first five years of his career, for all intents and purposes, the Big O averaged a triple double, and you could mark him down for 30-10-10 a game. 

PPPS: Now Devin doesn't get to the charity stripe with BIG O regularity, but last season in 64 games, he converted 393-454 for an .866%, and this season, in only 33 games, he is 194-213 for a 911%.  And while only a paltry, by today's analytics, 60-167 from the 3-pt stripe, he has connected on 242-428 from 2-pt, which translates to a .558% shooting percentage.  Which translates to 26.0 ppg, 3.8 rebounds, and 6.5 assists.  THAT MY FRIENDS, IS A BALLER. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:45:34 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: January 06, 2020, 05:18:48 PM »

Luke Kornet was playing really well in G League as well, wasn't he.

and now is a 4.5 mil a year player that we want back

You DO realize Morris is not an asset beyond May, right?  What?  You want to sign and trade him?  Not sure we can even do that?  Play him out and gte nothing if you wish.  To me that is poor management.

chipstern

• View Profile
WE WANT HIM BACK
« Reply #10041 on: January 06, 2020, 05:33:07 PM »

Luke Kornet was playing really well in G League as well, wasn't he.

and now is a 4.5 mil a year player that we want back

You DO realize Morris is not an asset beyond May, right?  What?  You want to sign and trade him?  Not sure we can even do that?  Play him out and gte nothing if you wish.  To me that is poor management.

Hey, Bank, you want a piece of this? 

[Cough]

Who can argue with irrefutable facts such as these. 

Oh, by the by...

Luke is a 2.25 million a year player who is stuffing the stat line with a whopping 2.7 points and 1.8 rebounds, while posting a .241% based on 7-out of-29 makes from trey (over a whopping 8.9 minutes a game, one hastens to add). 

And we WANT HIM BACK?  Says who?  Based on his .378 FG% under Coach Fizz (now down to .340% as a Bull)?     

The only one who "wants him back" is our worthy constituent Facil, who floated the notion vis a vis one of his fanciful trade scenarios.  Hardly a ringing endorsement from Knicks management, interesting notion though it might be here on Elba. 

Meanwhile, your unsubstantiated presumption is that we are going to lose MM come May 2020 for nada, so we might as well just trade him now for whatever bag of shit we are offered. 

Good management, that...my bad.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:39:20 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: January 06, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »

Bag of shit?

You're hopeless.

chipstern

• View Profile
E Jack, U Late
« Reply #10043 on: January 06, 2020, 06:07:26 PM »

Bag of shit?

You're hopeless.

Moe Harkless gets your dick hard? 

Apparently you are easily aroused. 

We''ll have to update your moniker from Kiid Carter to KIID CONDOM. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj5A7W-0zPY
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:13:23 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: January 06, 2020, 06:13:02 PM »

Unless the team goes on a crazy tear, Marcus Morris is not making the all star team. Lets just stop with that. Lets say there’s a number that will keep him with the Knicks, hopefully the management can verbally commit and we can retain him for cap space, say 3 years at a flat 20 mil and a 4 of the same with 6 mil guaranteed.

Otherwise, I’d like someone who is or can become a better defender at his position down the line, heck even if he stays I’d like that.

Smith and or Ellington moved, preferably for a big is where we should be focused.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: January 06, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »

Unless the team goes on a crazy tear, Marcus Morris is not making the all star team. Lets just stop with that. Lets say there’s a number that will keep him with the Knicks, hopefully the management can verbally commit and we can retain him for cap space, say 3 years at a flat 20 mil and a 4 of the same with 6 mil guaranteed.

Otherwise, I’d like someone who is or can become a better defender at his position down the line, heck even if he stays I’d like that.

Smith and or Ellington moved, preferably for a big is where we should be focused.

Like a rim protector?

Okay.  Who you have in mind.  And let's suggest that Kornet is not a reasonable return for Dennis Smith.  I'm sure Kiid would sign off on him or Cole Aldrich. 

Smith & Ellington for Gorgui Dieng and a second rounder work for you, Trader Facil?  Timmy Hardaway type numbers for two years?  Worth it? 

Alonzo Trier for Harry Giles?

G

PTS

TRB

AST

FG%

FG3%

FT%

Those sure seem like all-star numbers to me, particularly 46.9% from THREE [90-192 is surely impressive on a team where the opposing defense is going to be looking to crowd him off the line] but we concede your point about the Knicks W-L% kind of dimming MM's luster.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:37:58 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: E Jack, U Late
« Reply #10046 on: January 06, 2020, 06:29:55 PM »

Bag of shit?

You're hopeless.

Apparently you are easily aroused. 

We''ll have to update your moniker from Kiid Carter to KIID CONDOM. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj5A7W-0zPY

I actually like the deal.

I admit I like Harkless better than most, but he’s UFA the same way Morris is.

Morris is definitely the better player, but if for taking the lesser rental we get Kapengele and a late first rounder, I’d tool around in the Kia till the season runs out.

Take a look at this kid. He hits his percentages with the Bigtime Clippers when he’s seen time.

https://youtu.be/5Tma9U7tLIo

You get two rolls of the dice for an irrelevant downgrade.

Morris going to chase a ring doesn’t preclude him coming back.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
No Moe
« Reply #10047 on: January 06, 2020, 06:40:57 PM »

So, a Moe rental, for the Big Kid's "potential" and a later first rounder. 

Yes, the kid look interesting.  As a SHOOTER.  What exactly types him as a rim protector? 

I have zero use for Harkless. 

Not feeling it.  Even in the unlikely event we could get some more picks out of it. 

I'd rather roll the dice on re-connecting with MM.  He would surely be a fine fit with the Clippers.  But would get kind of crowded in their front court with KL & PG at SF-SG and MH at PF-C and Zubac at C-PF. 

See what else you can come up with. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 06:47:27 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: January 06, 2020, 07:36:57 PM »

Nope

Clippers make out pretty well on this deal.  Harkless just an OK contributor (I have always said) and Morris is clearly better.

I am fine with your stance of taking a run at the 8th slot (currently 6 loss column games back)

Rock on, Bigtime.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: January 06, 2020, 07:51:32 PM »

I actually think this is a deal LAC might say no to.

Hark is a work ethic vet who knows the system and makes no demands.  Even if they add a starting forward better than him, Mo would be a valuable reserve

For now their move seems to give more and more time to Harrell - even if he isnt elevated to starting five (keep an eye on that)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:54:43 PM by kiidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1847