Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900181 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10050 on: January 06, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »

Wash putting the screws to Celts

Brooklyn continues to sink like a stone.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Luke Fucking Kornet
« Reply #10051 on: January 06, 2020, 10:09:20 PM »

Here's all I'm ever going to say about Luke Kornet.

Right now the Bulls are in the third against the Mavs. They've played 10 players. They're a pretty bad fucking team. Luke can't sniff the floor.

I wish him a good career, in the NBA, in the G league, in Greece, wherever he ends up.

But I never want to see him in a Knick uni again, because if I do, he's gonna remind me of a coach who said "I have to start Luke Kornet, right fucking now." A coach who was so bad he will go down in history, real history, like FOREVER history, as the worst Knick coach ever (I really don't believe we will see the likes of that bad, ever again, even if Dolan and his son's sons own the team FOREVER.)

**and it was a move that was reallllllly really bad for "camaraderie", except for the camaraderie of 6 day G league call up guy scrubs, it was a move that said to basketball players and winning types, we don't give a fuck about earning minutes, we don't give a fuck about playing winning basketball, we just are going to be the fucking sick joke of a sick fuck fuck
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:17:20 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Bank
« Reply #10052 on: January 06, 2020, 10:13:50 PM »

Wash putting the screws to Celts

Brooklyn continues to sink like a stone.

Bank, Chico also wants to point out that Tatum only had 17 points, and Fultz made 25 vs the Nets.

Just saving him research time 😳

Happy New Year and playoffs!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:40:24 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: January 06, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »

...and Ball had 21, 8 and 7- 4th straight game of 20+

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Luke Fucking Kornet
« Reply #10054 on: January 07, 2020, 12:48:08 AM »

Here's all I'm ever going to say about Luke Kornet.

Right now the Bulls are in the third against the Mavs. They've played 10 players. They're a pretty bad fucking team. Luke can't sniff the floor.

I wish him a good career, in the NBA, in the G league, in Greece, wherever he ends up.

But I never want to see him in a Knick uni again, because if I do, he's gonna remind me of a coach who said "I have to start Luke Kornet, right fucking now." A coach who was so bad he will go down in history, real history, like FOREVER history, as the worst Knick coach ever (I really don't believe we will see the likes of that bad, ever again, even if Dolan and his son's sons own the team FOREVER.)

**and it was a move that was reallllllly really bad for "camaraderie", except for the camaraderie of 6 day G league call up guy scrubs, it was a move that said to basketball players and winning types, we don't give a fuck about earning minutes, we don't give a fuck about playing winning basketball, we just are going to be the fucking sick joke of a sick fuck fuck

So let it be written...

So let it be done...

Had to get rid of Kanter to make room for Kornet's impeccable defense.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: January 07, 2020, 03:50:01 AM »

Kornet joined the Sr. Knix and starting bombing in 3's.  Then he started playing some feisty long-armed interior D.  But his outside shot went south.  But if he can combine those elements he could be a solid backup Big.  I'm not sure where he's at currently but I think he had some elbow (shoulder?) trouble.  We spent last year developing a lot of marginal players and then jettisoned them all.  I would have liked Kornet back.  He's just 24 and filling out his frame some.  CHI is a mess (but so are we).  No real need to trade for Kornet, but if he was thrown in he could prove useful. 

I dislike this analysis that if a guy isn't producing now he never will and is garbage.  You'll miss out on many good players that way.  I'm always looking for Buy Low candidates who can blossom.  Most here only want a player after he has blown up and is not available or pricey/hard to get.  Have to look at the skill set and potential.  I forget my full current list of underrated guys or guys not playing who could break out, but I'd keep an eye on Giles and DJ Wilson, who probably could be had cheaply.

Otherwise Mohawk is a solid role player who sets screens, rebounds, hustles.  A nice complementary piece best suited to backup F.  His value is mostly on a team that has quality starters/scorers and needs defense and glue.  Kind of like POR where he was.  A good workhorse no-stat teammate.  Not well-suited for a rebuilding team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: January 07, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »

The crazy thing is the knicks has shooters, now we need a go to scorer, somebody like a Demar Derozan type.  A player that is not just jumpers but can get to the rim at random, someone when those 3,s arent fallen can go to the basket and take 2 points.  I thought D. Smith would be that guy but he look like another little kitty who take the pressures of losing in NY.  Oh well back to the drawing board.  Who got this year draft prospects. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: There Ain't No There There
« Reply #10057 on: January 07, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »

I dislike this analysis that if a guy isn't producing now he never will and is garbage. 

And that's not what I was saying. But you could surmise first week — at least that's what I surmised — that once the word got around that this awkward tall guy who nobody had seen much can nail a wide open three folks would stick a hand in his face, and he probably wouldn't hit 'em no more, and word got around and he doesn't.

I wish him well. Bring him back? So little interest in thinking about 12th guys when this team needs 1-2-3 guys. Especially retread 12th guys. 12th guys are never in short supply, and if he ever becomes a 6-7-8- guy my name for this new decade ain't lesterluv.

**Jaqd, RJ is supposed to be our Demar Derozan type and he's showing flashes and we will just see.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 11:49:40 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: January 07, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »

Marquis Chriss has hit waivers so GS can keep Bowman. Got 7 pts, 5 boards, and a block in 17 mins per game for the Dubs.

Waive Ellington and claim Chriss. That alone will help balance the team.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: January 07, 2020, 04:24:03 PM »

And that's not what I was saying. But you could surmise first week — at least that's what I surmised — that once the word got around that this awkward tall guy who nobody had seen much can nail a wide open three folks would stick a hand in his face, and he probably wouldn't hit 'em no more, and word got around and he doesn't.

heh

thanks for the chuckle

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: January 07, 2020, 04:25:27 PM »

Waive Ellington and claim Chriss. That alone will help balance the team.

Sure.  I will do that right away

Then maybe you will explain the cost/benefit for us

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: January 07, 2020, 05:11:26 PM »

I’ll try Kid

First, Barrett, Bullock, Dotson, and Trier all are in line for minutes ahead of him at shooting guard. He can only play shooting guard. He’s been a great vet help and stabilizer through the team’s tumult so far. If he wants to be a player and not a Herb Williams, he could take a buyout giving us back what he’d get signing for the remainder for the minimum elsewhere.

Second, this is a far more likely and easier thing to do than trading him for an asset to get a team to absorb the back half of his 8 million dollar contract.

Third, you don’t hear any rumors of teams interested in Wayne Ellington on the deal he’s signed for as you do for Smith, Portis, and Morris.

Those are the main arguments for why waive Wayne.

What did carrying five shooting guards do to the rest of our roster?

First, we have one real center in Mitch, two fake centers in Bobby and Taj, and Randle who really needs to just be our power forward. We play all our bigs every game while three or four guards never see the floor. That’s the main argument for finding serviceable front court help.

Chriss is a young big with good tools who puts up promising numbers in short minutes and is worthy of a look based on his rebound and block rate, positive assist to TO ratio, shooting percentage, decent size, bounciness and good hands. Teach him what you can and if it takes, keep him at a low money deal, and if it don’t, let him walk with no regrets.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: January 07, 2020, 05:21:25 PM »

Warriors stream dude reacts to the Chriss move.

http://youtu.be/8Zq6Dt_sUaA

Has some choice comments on why the waive baffled him from a basketball sense.

I wasn’t so caught up on Chriss, though I liked him in Phoenix as a pup.

If half of what this guy says is true, sign me up. He can help us.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: There Ain't No There There
« Reply #10063 on: January 07, 2020, 10:39:54 PM »

I dislike this analysis that if a guy isn't producing now he never will and is garbage. 

I wish him well. Bring him back? So little interest in thinking about 12th guys when this team needs 1-2-3 guys. Especially retread 12th guys. 12th guys are never in short supply, and if he ever becomes a 6-7-8- guy my name for this new decade ain't lesterluv.

**Jaqd, RJ is supposed to be our Demar Derozan type and he's showing flashes and we will just see.

Hey Les, your new name requires a new pic of a nice smiling pussydog and no more "evil type", you're full of LUV now.

FULL OF LUV
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 11:16:30 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: January 07, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »

Knicks looking both dull and dreadful in this one.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1844