Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908290 times)

elephant

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10065 on: January 07, 2020, 11:31:04 PM »

I know Knox hasn't been playing lately, but Jesus. After summer ball and preseason, I thought he showed development in his offensive game.

Now that's nowhere to be seen. With each game he seems to be sliding backward.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: January 08, 2020, 03:31:51 AM »

I'd drop Duke Ellington for Chriss.  A vet we don't need (especially with Bullock back) for a bouncy yute.  I thought Chriss looked totally lost but incredibly bouncy in PHX.  Just had no discernible game and no shot.  He bounced around to a few teams and became g-leagured.  But he's performed well for GS in limited minutes and the word is he's been a really good teammate.  Looks like he's starting to get it.  Pogo-stick athlete.
I'd rather see Chriss fly around and try to block shots than Ellington clank 3's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: January 08, 2020, 03:40:07 AM »

I've kind of soured on Knox.  I like his build and he seems committed.  But he's got so much to work on, you have to wonder when he's going to become an average player.  I mean, there's really nothing that he does well at this point.  Really he's below average in every skill set.  Maybe he becomes decent/good around age 25.  Can we wait that long?  Should we?  Can he actually just bloom over one Summer? 

Looks more like a long slow process to me.  I'm still pulling for him and would keep him.  But I've gone from bullish to shrug.  There have been a lot of games under the new coach where Knox puts up marginal stats but has a pretty good +/-, especially relative to the team play.  What to do with Knox?  Tell him he gets pulled anytime his motor flags?  Force him to play attentive D and not worry about the rest?  Give him a handful of Gatorade games in Westchester?  Hell, Knix might be best off putting Jr. SMith, Knox and Dot in the burbs and let them develop chemistry and aggression.

Anywho, I'm not giving up on Knox.  Still like him and his potential, but he needs to show out more that he can contribute in the NBofA.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: January 08, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »

Melo went 5-8 on 3's and hit a game winner, so POR won in TOR despite being behind all game (their last lead before the final shot was at 4-3).  Just POR's 2nd W v a team with a winning record.  The previous W was v. a 2-1 DAL team way back when it was warm.

All those good Knick shooters lit it up for 87 Points.
4-20 on 3's.  39% overall and barely 1/2 our FT's.

I think a key problem (besides no lead dog, no starting caliber PG) is that almost all of our players are inconsistent.  Randle can string together maybe 3 or 4 good games then revert.  Portis is challenging Tim Jr for the Most Inconsistent Award.  RJB and Knox are pups but wildly erratic.   Payton and Franc = inconsistent.  Ellington and Bullock journeymen due to their sometimes production.  The only consistent players we have are Contract Mofo Morris & steady okay Taj.  Everyone else is a big ? every night.

Aside from Morris, all of our vets are up-and-down shooters (and overall players).  Less surprisingly, all of our yute as well.  So while some guys like Portis have solid shooting numbers it mostly comes as the average of one very good game and two stinkers.  Knox, Ellington, Bullock can nail 3's some nights.  Randle and RJB occasionally.  But this isn't reliable output. 

This season, Morris and Trier shoot well.  That's it.  And Trier barely plays.  (Mitch is fantastic around the rim, but doesn't "shoot" or score outside of 5')
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
For Chriss Sake
« Reply #10069 on: January 08, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »

As per usual, Knicks fans in pursuit of shiny abjects on those greener grassy knolls. 

With all due respect to BoD and Facil, and with requisite respect to the abject of their affliction, fuck MC.  Not like he played wretchedly for GS, but if he were such a fucking bonanza, why has he been jettisoned. 

By all means, let's further inhibit Kevin Knox's development by bringing in a journeyman PF just bounced from his fourth team.  And in the unlikely event we do not offload Bobby Portis, leave us further cut into his minutes.   

Also, far be  it for me to suggest a less "sexy" reality, but we have this Kenny Wooten kid in Westchester who brings great energy, uncommon hops and defensive tenacity (blocking 3.5 shots a game). 

Obviously his is a raw and limited game, offensively, but much of the skill set he brings parallels that of our own Mitchell Robinson.  Not like we have a surplus of defensive stoppers.  Would make more sense for him to complement MR and to compete in practice with Knox the Younger, Taj and Mitchell. 

If, indeed, as all indicators suggest, and we are about to hold a fire sale on Smith, Portis, Ellington, ______________, leave us consider taking stock of our puppies, and giving the likes of Knox and Wooten and Trier and Allen the opportunity to get meaningful minutes, and to live out their struggles in NBA floor time. 

Juke Cornet?

Marquee Jizz?

SERIOUSLY? 

Oy vey. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:54:50 AM by chipstern »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: January 08, 2020, 12:25:49 PM »

We're 10-27, but don't have minutes to take a look at a young athletic guy who has rebounded at an impressive clip for GS.
Chriss put up a double-double v. NY with 3 blocks in mid-Dec.  He looked impressive and active ... at least compared to us.
Ellington is useless for us, while we'd be doing him a solid, letting him try to hook on with a playoff team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: January 08, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »

Bo gets it.

The Kid was an 8th overall pick who spent his first couple of NBA years growing into his body. He’s absorbed and applied a decent chunk of Kerr’s coaching. He’s a 4-5 who sizes in between Portis and Taj. He’d threaten their minutes, which are not always of the best, rather than those of our pups.  Good teams take advantage of opportunities like this.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: January 08, 2020, 02:00:08 PM »

Yes

Get him

Then we can start

Frank, RJ, Knox, Chriss, Mitch

the last 30 games
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:43:00 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: January 08, 2020, 02:55:54 PM »

You get a decent offer for Bobby or you feel disinclined to bring Taj back for 10 mil or someone gets hurt it would be nice to have a next man up. Raab is probably a lot more game ready than Wooten, but more strength and depth up front from someone who has currently produced his way on to a roster, even if it is as bad as ours is a sensible move.

He’s better in every statistical way than Taj in identical minutes which might indicate that he’s better suited to a role in which Taj, despite his skill and experience finds himself overmatched.

Payton RJ Marcus Randle and Mitch could start with Chriss Portis Knox Bullock and Frank first off the bench and Taj Dot Trier and Allen seeing occasional spot minutes.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:09:30 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: January 08, 2020, 03:26:17 PM »

Without Morris, Knix looked terrible v LAL.
Most of the shots they got were the ones Lakes wanted them to take.  Taj midrangers, Randle outside J's, Bullock from wherever.
Not sure why Bullock was starting or guarding LeBJ. Seemed the strategy was to try to confuse Lebron by leaving him open.
A Very Bradley and Granny Deen schooled our guards with backdoor cuts.  Any time Knix got in the paint, Lakes just suffocated them.
Randle was sloppy on both ends.
Maybe we were just outmatched, but the coaching didn't impress.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: January 08, 2020, 03:47:34 PM »

I like Taj

If someone wants him, fine.  If not I favor he starts the rest of the way

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: January 08, 2020, 03:50:08 PM »

Bullock earned the start.  Tough foe, for all the players.  Fun team to watch in the spring, no doubt.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: January 08, 2020, 05:04:12 PM »

RANDLE is out tonight - personal reasons

Morris doubtful.  Smith questionable.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: January 08, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »

Bullock wasn’t starting. RJ had two quick fouls.

Jazz game could be rough.

9 pm East coast start.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: January 08, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »

Several teams in touch with the Knicks recently came away with the impression that they aren’t solely focused on acquiring draft picks, expiring contracts or young players who have struggled with other teams in trades. Those teams say the Knicks have shown an interest in acquiring starter-level players who can help the team in the short-term and in future seasons, per sources. 6 hours ago – via SportsNet New York

Very interesting
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 1847