Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899659 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10095 on: January 09, 2020, 03:58:56 AM »

Wiz starters scored 28 and the bex=nch 61.  Yeah, they still got crushed.  But how long until you promote those bench guys to starting.  They'd been killing it while the starters flail.

Since this is the Bizarro Wizards, the 1st unit is really the normal 2nd unit and the 2nd unit is the 3rd.    But who cares?  The team sucks with bench guys Mahinmi and Isaiah Thomas starting, so don't start them.  Start  Ish Smith, Paceniks,and especially Troy Brown who is rebounding like Westbrook and scoring most nights.  They've earned the chance.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: January 09, 2020, 08:21:17 AM »

McRae had been better til last night

Thomas had his moments.

Intrigued a bit by the big kid.  Haven't seen him yet.  Not likely at a Wagner level.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: January 09, 2020, 08:38:19 AM »

All Star ballot

https://vote.nba.com/en/search

Good place to see everyone's stats listed on one page - sorted by points scored

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:42:57 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: January 09, 2020, 09:03:18 AM »

My selections

Ben S, Lowry, Butler, Giannis, Embiid

Luka, James H, Kawhi, AD, Rudy G

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: January 09, 2020, 09:38:26 AM »

MUDIAY sure looked good first and second quarter

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: January 09, 2020, 09:44:38 AM »

On what planet - given what has occurred, were Knicks correct in letting Mudiay go?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: January 09, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »

Frankie the best Knick on the floor tonight, when he checked out , we were back to within five or six, by the time he checks back in, we will be down 30

I'd have liked to see Frank put back in at 48-64, 2:30 left in the second.

We ended up at 53-72

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

chipstern

• View Profile
MUDIAY
« Reply #10103 on: January 09, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »

On what planet - given what has occurred, were Knicks correct in letting Mudiay go?

WORD

Though leave us give Jazz coaching staff some big credit for facilitating his growth. 

Better team, better team mates, coherent system, roster stability, and again, another level of coaching. 

Of all the Knicks rehabs, Mudiay was the one I wanted to keep. 

Yes, his defense was suspect, but he grew so much as a penetrator and distributor and an outside shooter, plus improved his fitness and stamina, building upon his powerful body frame. 

WTF? 

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: January 09, 2020, 04:42:08 PM »

Re:  Drummond.Hayward

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2870459-nba-trade-buzz-if-celtics-want-andre-drummond-itll-cost-them-gordon-hayward

Celtics own their own pick in 2020.

They own the Bucks # 1 for 2020.

They also have the Grizzlies #1, top 7 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021. 

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

Grizz are currently 16-22, a game out of the 8th playoff spot, so presently at #14 in the NBA Mock Draft lockup, so a good chance the pick conveys to the Celtics this summer. 

NYETS are currently 16-20. 

So Ainge is in position to package three mid-late first rounders, to get a PF to replace Horford. 

Hayward is a splendid talent, but with Brown at SG/SF, and Tatum at SF/PF, but potentially with Drummond, Kanter, Fall, they would appear set at Center,  and Hayward is something of a redundancy. 

Robert Williams is a question mark at PF, and no Horford, presently, but otherwise, save for Theis, PF is a question mark going forward.  Lacking size and outsize skills at the 4-spot. 

Hey, maybe Ainge would turn over his #1 picks for a shot at Morris?  Not sure how if at all the cap numbers would line up. 

Drummond would appear to be a good, if expensive, match for the Celtics roster. 

"Sonny, if Pop dies, you make the deal." 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:45:31 PM by chipstern »

elephant

• View Profile
Re: MUDIAY
« Reply #10105 on: January 09, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »

WORD

Though leave us give Jazz coaching staff some big credit for facilitating his growth. 

Better team, better team mates, coherent system, roster stability, and again, another level of coaching. 

Yes, his defense was suspect, but he grew so much as a penetrator and distributor and an outside shooter, plus improved his fitness and stamina, building upon his powerful body frame. 

WTF?

I wouldn't attribute it to Jazz coaching (though they're always pretty fucking impressive). I thought he was a rare example of improvement through his stay here.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: MUDIAY
« Reply #10106 on: January 09, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »

WORD

WTF?

I wouldn't attribute it to Jazz coaching (though they're always pretty fucking impressive). I thought he was a rare example of improvement through his stay here.

Fizz brought him into focus.  Vastly improved his conditioning and became an effective scorer/facilitator. 

Playing next to Donovan Mitchell, and maturing in the shadow of Mike Conley, in a winning program. 

Happy for the kid.

And BAFFLED. as per usual, with the fucking Knicks. 

Herzonja?

Kornet?

Vonleh?

Ellenson?

Meh.

Mudiay?

We could sure use him about now. 

Kam used to excoriate the Knicks for their usage of Emmanuel, and not without justification, not so much a matter of his skills, as that in prioritizing EM we were holding back the evolution of Ntilikina. 

Go fucking figure. 

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: January 09, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »

Let's not go haywire. He improved a bit here, but nothing crazy. Still wouldn't want to start him on any winning team, and notice, the Jazz don't even do that with Conley out. He looked decent last night, but a lot of folks would have. Our New Father Elfrid basically took the night off defensively. The main thing that really struck me, FATTY GOT FIT. Dropped at least 15 since his exit interview here. That's cool. Personally I find season five a bit late, but good that he's finally taking himself seriously.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 06:26:44 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: January 09, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »

Let's not go haywire. He improved a bit here, but nothing crazy. Still wouldn't want to start him on any winning team, and notice, the Jazz don't even do that with Conley out. He looked decent last night, but a lot of folks would have. Our New Father Elfrid basically took the night off defensively. The main thing that really struck me, FATTY GOT FIT. Dropped at least 15 since his exit interview here. That's cool. Personally I find season five a bit late, but good that he's finally taking himself seriously.

Uhhhh...how can I characterize your characterization. 

How about?

WRONG

Mudiay got in top shape LAST SEASON for the Knicks. 

In 27 minutes a night he basically gave us 15-3-4 on 44% shooting, with a 77 FT%.  His 3-Pt shooting was only around 33%

He learned to finish more consistently when he got to the rack.  He was a positive player on the floor. 

Dennis Smith last season?  15-3-5 on 41% shooting, with a 57 FT%.  His 3-Pt shooting was around 29%.

GIVEN...

Mudiay is better suited to be a bench player, as he is deployed on Utah, and his minutes did impede Frank's development. 

But his departure surely put to the lie to the notion of PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.  And he could have given us a nice lift OFFENSIVELY.  He made plays and created scoring opportunities, surely at a premium on these Knicks. 

And poor Dennis utterly snake bit. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: January 09, 2020, 08:52:33 PM »

GIVEN...

Mudiay is better suited to be a bench player, as he is deployed on Utah, and his minutes did impede Frank's development.

BONK!
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 1844