Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908070 times)

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Hey Kamster
« Reply #10125 on: January 10, 2020, 12:38:07 PM »

Ur friend Enes, best player on the Cs today

E. KanterC    17 min   4-7   11 rebounds   2 assists   +11 (best of the Cs)   8 points

Kam to Carlos...

"Celtics LOST."

Just trying to lend a brother a helping hand. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10126 on: January 10, 2020, 12:41:48 PM »

Mudiay would have stayed - and fairly cheaply.  That's the point

What was the reason he was let go - beyond needing every cent for two maxes?

I have defended mgt this year - just thought that - and Kanter - was foolish.

Kanter at Celtics money would've been a good re-up [1 year, player option for 2020-21 at around five million]. 

Hell, at TAJ GIBSON Money. 

And again, no reason to let Mudiay walk.  He'd have taken what we offered. 

BoD makes his points, but hey, Ellington at 8 million or Mudiay for half the money or less?

Oh, well...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:02:14 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: January 10, 2020, 01:11:26 PM »

I guess Nets fans could say, "well, if we thought that way we would not have cleared money for Ky and Kev"

Weird NBA these days

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: January 10, 2020, 01:25:31 PM »

BoD makes his points, but hey, Ellington at 8 million or Mudiay for half the money or less?

1/4.  Mud signed for 1/$1.7M
I think it was really Payton or Mud.

No idea why we signed both Bullock and Ellington.

It's like we want doppelgangers:

Franc and Smith Jr.
Two young PG's who can't shoot 3's and have confidence issues.

Ellington & Bullock
a pair of journeymen wings who shoot 3's allright

Randle & Portis
a pair of rebounding/scoring PF's who play inattentive D

Knox & RJB
athletic pups who can't shoot

Datsun and Trier
overlooked SG's trying to show an NBA game.

One thing about Morris and Taj is they add stuff we don't otherwise have.  Certainly Mitch as well. Payton too to a lesser extent.

I'm still glad we didn't sign Kyrie & KD.  Gimpy expensive prima donnas.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:44:25 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: January 10, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »

21 years old. Nobody has had an easy possession checked by him. Gonna be one helluva 24 year old.

Three more years?!  You need a hobby if watching Frank develop for three more years is your plan.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: January 10, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »

Personally I find season five a bit late, but good that he's finally taking himself seriously.

But give Frank 6!  OOOh weee.... the vapors!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: January 10, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »

Well, we likely wouldnt have picked up next year if we werent bent on signing him past then

RFA after 2020-21

We likely match the mediocre offer Frank receives.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: January 10, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »

Get off his dick Carlos. He's not a Knick. You guys have the Enes p enis up your b utts

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: January 10, 2020, 02:49:49 PM »

Three more years?!  You need a hobby if watching Frank develop for three more years is your plan.

I have several hobbies. Watching the Knicks is my stupidest and least productive one — without argument — but I enjoy it greatly despite an unsuccessful New Years' Eve quit attempt. I very much enjoy watching Frank develop. Last game was the best yet, pure pleasure. If the upward trajec continues, I expect the enjoyment to continue.

Frank is quite obviously taking his own development seriously right now, hence the enjoyment. Imagine watching the Round Mound of Mudiay all those years until he did. The horror!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:55:09 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: January 10, 2020, 02:58:52 PM »

Get off his dick Carlos. He's not a Knick. You guys have the Enes p enis up your b utts

Speaking of objects in one's rectum.

All last season you eviscerated the Knicks for giving Mud minutes that you felt should have gone to Frank's development.

Now the Hamzter's legendary priapic protrusion has bent due South and we,are treated to regular rips on Frank.

Why should any carbon based life form take you seriously?

Dawg?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10135 on: January 10, 2020, 03:08:28 PM »

LOL I can't think of one reason, but give him time, surely by the third or fourth month of 2020 he'll find a new riff . ...  or maybe not.

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: January 10, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »

We love u 2 💕

The Kamster is our favorite Hamster 🐹
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: January 10, 2020, 04:28:52 PM »

Speaking of objects in one's rectum.

All last season you eviscerated the Knicks for giving Mud minutes that you felt should have gone to Frank's development.

Now the Hamzter's legendary priapic protrusion has bent due South and we,are treated to regular rips on Frank.

Why should any carbon based life form take you seriously?

Dawg?

Good observation.  I'm happy to explain my position.  I think the Knicks messed Frank up from early on.  I wanted him to start from day 1 and grow.  Or at the very least start from day 1 in Westchester and grow.  I absolutely believe the suits and coaches never really believed in him because he was foisted on them by Phil and then Phil was gone 10 days later.  In fact they went so far as to trade for the guy Dallas took after we took frank to try to cure their buyer's remorse. 

So after years of neglect akin to a pregnant mother deciding to take up smoking we now see this lesser version of what Frank should be by now.  So now that he has opportunity and all the minutes he could want, he isn't ready.  He just isn't ready for a starting role.  And yeah, we can give him three more years.  But my point is during that time we are blinding ourselves to better options.  Frank isn't the first player we fell in love with and he won't be the last.  I invest too much time watching this team play meaningless ball and I want to invest in a player i believe in.  I've lost faith Frank can be the guy who leads us. Yeah he can be the 8th man... but there are no shortages of role players.  Frank was picked to be more than that.  Do i believe he needs a change of scenery to realize his potential?  100%.

Frank as a Knick?  Meh...  doubt this environment is right for his confidence or his style of game.  Not because he can't be a good guy off the bench, but because lets face it, we are bias and will be happy to lose if we can point to the fact that Frank showed progress.  Is that what you wanna invest in?  Minimal progress loss after loss until we hope someday he suddenly becomes consistently good? 

I don't think the harvest will be worth the wait.  He can be solid. He won't ever be great enough to justify the amount of text we are typing.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: January 10, 2020, 05:24:04 PM »

I have several hobbies. Watching the Knicks is my stupidest and least productive one — without argument — but I enjoy it greatly despite an unsuccessful New Years' Eve quit attempt. I very much enjoy watching Frank develop. Last game was the best yet, pure pleasure. If the upward trajec continues, I expect the enjoyment to continue.

Frank is quite obviously taking his own development seriously right now, hence the enjoyment. Imagine watching the Round Mound of Mudiay all those years until he did. The horror!

ONE double digit game in a row

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: January 10, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »

Good game...
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1847