Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899941 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
We lost again
« Reply #10140 on: January 10, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

FWK00

• View Profile
Re: Hey Kamster
« Reply #10141 on: January 11, 2020, 12:45:04 AM »

Ur friend Enes, best player on the Cs today

Get off his dick Carlos. He's not a Knick. You guys have the Enes p enis up your b utts

Speaking of objects in one's rectum.

All last season you eviscerated the Knicks for giving Mud minutes that you felt should have gone to Frank's development.

Now the Hamzter's legendary priapic protrusion has bent due South and we,are treated to regular rips on Frank.

Why should any carbon based life form take you seriously?

Dawg?

Good observation.  I'm happy to explain my position.  I think the Knicks messed Frank up from early on.  I wanted him to start from day 1 and grow.  Or at the very least start from day 1 in Westchester and grow.  I absolutely believe the suits and coaches never really believed in him because he was foisted on them by Phil and then Phil was gone 10 days later.  In fact they went so far as to trade for the guy Dallas took after we took frank to try to cure their buyer's remorse. 

So after years of neglect akin to a pregnant mother deciding to take up smoking we now see this lesser version of what Frank should be by now.  So now that he has opportunity and all the minutes he could want, he isn't ready.  He just isn't ready for a starting role.  And yeah, we can give him three more years.  But my point is during that time we are blinding ourselves to better options.  Frank isn't the first player we fell in love with and he won't be the last.  I invest too much time watching this team play meaningless ball and I want to invest in a player i believe in.  I've lost faith Frank can be the guy who leads us. Yeah he can be the 8th man... but there are no shortages of role players.  Frank was picked to be more than that.  Do i believe he needs a change of scenery to realize his potential?  100%.

Frank as a Knick?  Meh...  doubt this environment is right for his confidence or his style of game.  Not because he can't be a good guy off the bench, but because lets face it, we are bias and will be happy to lose if we can point to the fact that Frank showed progress.  Is that what you wanna invest in?  Minimal progress loss after loss until we hope someday he suddenly becomes consistently good? 

I don't think the harvest will be worth the wait.  He can be solid. He won't ever be great enough to justify the amount of text we are typing.

I think your opinions of Frankie are wholly misguided.  I don't think Phil foisted Frankie on anyone.  The FO draft experts probably all had their own opinions and based on the first few years others guessed better than others.  But Frankie was always a long term bet and not an immediate gratification gamble.  The players who might provide immediate gratification are doing so.  Whether or not they continue to develop is a longer term conversation.

As for Frankie's development, well, this is the Knicks.. Its only now, with Miller as head coach, do our youth stand any chance of actually realizing their potential.

You bring up the red herring that the Knicks should or could cut bait on Frankie because of opportunity cost [e.g. missing out on a better player] yet the number of PGs who have passed through MSG without sticking is legion.  If you take a deep breath and examine Frankie's progress, he's actually progressing exponentially in terms of efficiency.  No, he's not yet as prolific as he will be but that's a different issue.  What he is bringing is timely scoring and he's taking shots that are necessary.

I don't and have never expected a starting PG production from Frankie until his fifth year not because I'm Nostradamus but because that is statistically the mean by which PGs develop into solid pros.

The concept of "rebuild" has a semantic meaning that is lost on Knicks fans.  NBA Youth take tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime to develop.  Not months, not two or three years but four and five years.

I hesitate to suggest Frankie is actually accelerating faster so as not to jinx it.  But he's a star in the making, maybe a generational Knicks player.  His value today is small potatoes and the money nonsense is just hot air.  This kid is playing his way into better days.  There are bigger fish to fry.

IMO, make a decision on Morris for the long term.  He's a late bloomer whose profile is classic Knicks.

Get a bruiser back-up center for MR.  Deincentivise the strategy of getting MR out of the game. Gibson is playing great but he's not a center, nor is Portis.

Prune and harden the roster.  IMO, Ellington and Portis need relocation.  Of the expendable youth, DSJ, Knox, and Trier could/should move. Ratchet up the talent a notch with the above needs filled and a deep shooter candidate or two.

And, in my gut, I still think Randall would be better served getting traded.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:49:34 AM by FWK00 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
Edith Piaf, Knix Fan . . .
« Reply #10142 on: January 11, 2020, 04:27:18 AM »

As for Frankie's development, well, this is the Knicks.. Its only now, with Miller as head coach, do our youth stand any chance of actually realizing their potential.

I don't understand this nonsense.
- Mitch, as a raw 2nd rounder, developed quite nicely last year under Fizz. 
- No-names Trier & Dot were given plenty of opps, instead of getting buried on the bench. 
- Knox and RJB were given tons of minutes and freedom as rooks (too much in my book). 
- I'd agree Franc got jerked around a bit, but some of that is on Franc, with his timid inability to being the ball upcourt, paint allergy, embarrassingly telegraphed passes, and lack of shot or willingness to shoot, compounded by injuries last year.

Frankie is actually accelerating ... But he's a star in the making, maybe a generational Knicks player.  His value today is small potatoes and the money nonsense is just hot air.  This kid is playing his way into better days. 

I'm not sure even Franc's close relatives believe this.  Not just rose-colored glasses, but infra-rose vision, so you can see into a future that will not exist.

I actually like Franc and pull for him, but I find it real hard to see Franc as a starting PG.  He's akin to Knox -- I like him , I pull for him, but there's so much for him to work on.  I think Charlie Ward is about his upside, I doubt he can reach Pa Bev heights.  I can see him as an effective bench player, playing long-armed D, efficiently shooting few shots, being capable of running a 2nd unit.
I'd like Franc (and Knox) to be 10+ year Knix, but I still think we badly need a starting caliber PG for now and the future.  I'm even willing to take on 34 year old Chris Paul and his $40M to have one.

I also don't get this talk of needing a C, as though it was pressing.  Sure it'd be nice to have a Baynes type bully, and this year has seen somewhat of a resurgence in C usage.  But I'd prioritize a starting PG, a 3&D wing, and a deadeye shooter over a beefy C.  It shouldn't be hard to pick up a Plumlee or Zeller or Len or Baynes or such on the cheap.  At least we never boned up by dumping $15+M on a stiff like Mahinmi.(well, we did back in the day with Jerome James and Eddy Curry)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10143 on: January 11, 2020, 06:37:16 AM »

Those good shooting Knix went 5-27 on 3's.

Didn't see the game, but I like Portis' stat line.  Efficient shooting on not too many shots, combined with boards and assists.  I don't like Portis chucking up 17 FG's a game.

Pels no-name bench beat us up.

19 year old Jax Hayes would have had a career high if he didn't shoot a Knick-like 4-9 FT's.  Hay Jax had 19 in his debut back in G1 v. GS.

Pels had 35 assists and 19 turnovers.  Both impressive figures ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: January 11, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »

Get a bruiser back-up center for MR.  Deincentivise the strategy of getting MR out of the game. Gibson is playing great but he's not a center, nor is Portis.

Latest is Knicks pondering an add Drummond/deal Mitch scenario

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: January 11, 2020, 01:16:37 PM »

Didn't see the game, but I like Portis' stat line.  Efficient shooting on not too many shots, combined with boards and assists. I don't like Portis chucking up 17 FG's a game.

I'd have been upset to NOT see it with Julius and Marcus out

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: January 11, 2020, 02:11:34 PM »

My selections

Ben S, Lowry, Butler, Giannis, Embiid

Luka, James H, Kawhi, AD, Rudy G

Heh

Can't do it.  LeBron is too good.  And he plays all the time.  Drop Kawhi
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The 2 Chicos
« Reply #10147 on: January 11, 2020, 05:43:59 PM »

My selections

Ben S, Lowry, Butler, Giannis, Embiid

Luka, James H, Kawhi, AD, Rudy G

Heh

Can't do it.  LeBron is too good.  And he plays all the time.  Drop Kawhi

Nice to see kid arguing with kiid, Chico and Chiico, 👶 and👩‍🦲
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: January 11, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »

Tatum going for 50

Cue Bankshot...

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: January 11, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »

Why wait for Bank? You've been telling us for years how great Tatum is.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: January 11, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »

Honestly it wasn't a real tough call.  I'd have just drafted differently.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Where you at Kantster..I mean Hamster..I mean...
« Reply #10151 on: January 11, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »

Tatum going for 50

Cue Bankshot...

Not impressive. He needed 30 minutes. Kanter only needed 23 to grab 22 pts on 10-13 shooting to go along with 19 boards....;))
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Les, LEAVE THE KAMSTER TO ME!
« Reply #10152 on: January 11, 2020, 09:50:51 PM »

Les, you killed my post!!!

Anyway, there it goes ...

BENCH       MIN    FG     3PT     FT     OREB   DREB   REB     +/-   PTS

E. KanterC   23   10-13   0-0   2-2        7         12      19      +11   22

IMPRESSIVE! 19 rebounds and 22 points in 23 minutes. Thanks Phony Phizz for throwing Enes under the bus.

And, Kamster, remember that we love u 2.

Even Les loves u 2, don't u Les?

The sunshine on a cloudy day...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 09:56:29 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: January 11, 2020, 09:51:37 PM »

Tatum going for 50

Cue Bankshot...

He sat the entire 4th qtr.

and moron I don't cherry-pick post about Tatum.

You do.

By now most people understand he's a very good player,

Except for you,

The real advances he's made this year is his defense, I think Marcus has been coaching him up, but he's still only 21 and still learning,

but you'd have to watch him play to understand that.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 09:55:33 PM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: January 11, 2020, 09:53:36 PM »

He sat the entire 4th qtr.

No shit
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1844