Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 963768 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10245 on: January 14, 2020, 10:57:46 AM »

Drummond & Randle, a fine pairing . . . if this were the 1980's.

Bulldog Drummond will be an RFA this Summer.
So why give up any real assets for him now.
Unless we want to jettison Randle or trade Morris figuring we can't/won't re-sign him.

I think Drummond is a complete wrong target for us.  But if you want him, sign him as a FA.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:25:32 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: January 14, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »

At 21 years, 185 days old, Shai became the youngest player in league history to record at least 20 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists in a game.

Gilgeous-Alexander is the fourth second-year player in NBA history to register a 20-20 triple-double. He joins Shaquille O'Neal, Charles Barkley and Oscar Robertson. The only other guard to have a 20-20 triple-double in the past 30 seasons is former Thunder star Russell Westbrook.

Future all-star.
And why Chris Paul and his mammoth contract are expendable.
I'd trade them Randle, Portis and Trier for CP3.  Or whatever.
Re-up Morris.
Go into next year with:
CP3 - RJB - Knox - Morris - Mitch
Bench: FRanc - Dot - Taj - Top 10 draft pick.
Fill out with some cheap vet pickups.   Bullock type journeymen who can play some.  Find a guy who can stroke 3's.
A much more balanced team.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: January 14, 2020, 01:15:40 PM »

At 21 years, 185 days old, Shai became the youngest player in league history to record at least 20 points, 20 rebounds and 10 assists in a game.

Gilgeous-Alexander is the fourth second-year player in NBA history to register a 20-20 triple-double. He joins Shaquille O'Neal, Charles Barkley and Oscar Robertson. The only other guard to have a 20-20 triple-double in the past 30 seasons is former Thunder star Russell Westbrook.

Future all-star.
And why Chris Paul and his mammoth contract are expendable.
I'd trade them Randle, Portis and Trier for CP3.  Or whatever.
Re-up Morris.
Go into next year with:
CP3 - RJB - Knox - Morris - Mitch
Bench: FRanc - Dot - Taj - Top 10 draft pick.
Fill out with some cheap vet pickups.   Bullock type journeymen who can play some.  Find a guy who can stroke 3's.
A much more balanced team.

You surely do have a hard on for Julius Randle. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: January 14, 2020, 01:18:05 PM »

Shai, shai, shaiiiiiii

Shai shai shai................

Good player

Numbers read like Mudiay

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
CP3
« Reply #10249 on: January 14, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »

Count my vote for this dude, if he wants this assignment, to come here and instill a culture and piss off the ones who can't cut it.  Be our Jason Kidd circa 2014.  The contract has two more years on it.  All boosters of DSJ and Frank should want CP3 to mentor these cats for a year or so.  Can't think of a better veteran.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: January 14, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »

Interesting

Lonzo Ball
381 points from 383 shots

Jayson Tatum
680 points on 687 shots

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: January 14, 2020, 02:10:44 PM »

You surely do have a hard on for Julius Randle.

I'd trade also them Morris and keep Randle, but they might prefer the younger guy under contract (Randle) to go with their yute.  Especially since Gallo will be a FA, so with Morris that'd be two guys they need to sign.  But Morris fits better next to Grizzly Adams, then does Randle.  Othersowise I think Morris is better than Randle (objectively so this season).

You have to give up something to get Paul.  You also need to send out alot of salary.  I think that's a reasonable deal for OKC.  They get a starter in Randle, a look at Portis and some extra asset such as Trier who can be a bench sparkplug (or Ellington).  They get $15M in cap space when Portis expires this summer.  Or they can opt in and keep him for $15M (unlikely, I'd think).  If they like him, more likely try to sign him for 3/$30M or less (3/$25M more reasonable imo).

OKC already has 2 PG's in Shai and Shroeder.  So they can move Paul for a starter and/or just to get the cap space.  Sell High moment for CP3, before he breaks down and his contract looks hideous again.  I'm not much of a CP3 fan.  Think he's annoying, breaks down often and chokes in the clutch.  But he still is a quality starting PG and could mentor some of our pups.  Also provides leadership (important, especially if Morris leaves or is traded away).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: January 14, 2020, 02:12:28 PM »

Lonzo Ball ...

Jayson Tatum ...

In the Trump Error, it's not enough to double down, you have to brashly triple-down.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:46:13 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: January 14, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »

According to various reports, the Philadelphia 76ers and both Los Angeles teams are among the contenders inquiring about Marcus Morris, the Minnesota Timberwolves are on the list of teams eyeing Dennis Smith Jr., and Bobby Portis is drawing interest, too.

The Knicks have also entered the Andre Drummond sweepstakes, per multiple reports. According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Pistons requested Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina in a return package.

If Drummond were under contract, that could be reasonable.  But he's expected to opt out (of $28M!) and be looking for a huge long deal.  And could choose a better team in FA.  I don't want Drummond, and would certainly wait for Summer FA if I did. 

Only makes sense if Knix are set on dumping Randle and re-signing Morris.  Then the cost to get Drummond is really only Franc (and all the cap space it takes to re-sign Bulldog Drummond).  And if we want to keep Franc, offer them Jr. Smith or Trier, etc instead.  Would they really hold up the trade because they only got Randle + Smith instead of the great Franc
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:48:11 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: January 14, 2020, 03:35:12 PM »

Kanter is planning to open a charter school, the “Enes Kanter School for Exceptional Learning,” in the Oklahoma City area, according to The Oklahoman. He and a team of “civic-minded individuals” will officially submit their application to the school district on Tuesday, where it can then go before the school board for a vote.

“Despite playing for other teams, I continue to return to Oklahoma City to host my annual basketball summer camps and to support programs that serve the OKC children,” Kanter wrote in a letter to the school district, via The Oklahoman. “Through my foundation, my philanthropic activities extend to all of the cities where I have played for: Utah, Portland, New York, and Boston.”

Kanter said he has not yet selected a location for the school, but that they will hopefully open it where “the need is high.” It will also be designed for “under-served minority and immigrant students,”
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Chip
« Reply #10255 on: January 14, 2020, 03:37:29 PM »

Please say something. All these crazy trades are killing the high I had from beating Miami. So glad none of these traders are on the FO. They’re making perrymills look really, really good.

Can’t take it the same day we’re gonna be drubbed in Milwaukee. That’s enough for one day.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

chipstern

• View Profile
Ahhhhh So, Bo
« Reply #10256 on: January 14, 2020, 03:42:42 PM »

A critique of Pendejo Trades? 

Your wish is my command, Don Carlos. 

So...BO...it's not a hard on for Julius Randle.

Rather, THAT HE REPRESENTS A REDUNDANCY. 

Ahhhh, so....

And thus, in acquiring a player who will turn THIRTY-FIVE [35] in May, is owed a cap space friendly $38, $41, $44 million through 2022, and who played a total of 61, 58 and 58 games over the prior three season, we would be stabilizing our roster.  And give away arguably the best player on our team, arguably entering this primacy, with another 5-7 years of productive ball ahead. 

The last time the Knicks engaged in such a clever bit of roster balancing was 30 years ago, when the BoD of our front office, Al Bianchi, in another memorable path towards stabilizing our roster and removing redundancies (huh?), traded 23 year old Rod Strickland for 33 year old Mo Cheeks.  We got a season and change out of Mo's Earthly Remains, while Hot Rod went on to have a solid 10 years as a front line player, and another five as a capable roll player.  (Rod also had a number of season where injuries too their toll.)

Only chin music, after all, a dull day between games, but, I am unmoved by the "logic" of putting all of our eggs in such a cap-consuming, oft-injured, geriatric basket, my love for CP3 notwithstanding. 

With all due respect to Doc Diddley, maybe if we had off-loaded all of the assets we did for Carmelo for PAUL, back in the day, the positive influence of which you speak would have been a reality. 

Now it is the ghost dance of a dying tribe on the Great Plains. 

And so, presently, in the fear and sow, let me catch my breath and exhale in anticipation of tonight's savage beat down at the hands of the Bucks. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:52:32 PM by chipstern »

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Ahhhhh So, Bo
« Reply #10257 on: January 14, 2020, 04:14:55 PM »

A critique of Pendejo Trades? 

Your wish is my command, Don Carlos. 

So...BO...it's not a hard on for Julius Randle.

Rather, THAT HE REPRESENTS A REDUNDANCY. 

Ahhhh, so....

And thus, in acquiring a player who will turn THIRTY-FIVE [35] in May, is owed a cap space friendly $38, $41, $44 million through 2022, and who played a total of 61, 58 and 58 games over the prior three season, we would be stabilizing our roster.  And give away arguably the best player on our team, arguably entering this primacy, with another 5-7 years of productive ball ahead. 

The last time the Knicks engaged in such a clever bit of roster balancing was 30 years ago, when the BoD of our front office, Al Bianchi, in another memorable path towards stabilizing our roster and removing redundancies (huh?), traded 23 year old Rod Strickland for 33 year old Mo Cheeks.  We got a season and change out of Mo's Earthly Remains, while Hot Rod went on to have a solid 10 years as a front line player, and another five as a capable roll player.  (Rod also had a number of season where injuries too their toll.)

Only chin music, after all, a dull day between games, but, I am unmoved by the "logic" of putting all of our eggs in such a cap-consuming, oft-injured, geriatric basket, my love for CP3 notwithstanding. 

With all due respect to Doc Diddley, maybe if we had off-loaded all of the assets we did for Carmelo for PAUL, back in the day, the positive influence of which you speak would have been a reality. 

Now it is the ghost dance of a dying tribe on the Great Plains. 

And so, presently, in the fear and sow, let me catch my breath and exhale in anticipation of tonight's savage beat down at the hands of the Bucks.

PS: BoD is a thoughtful and devoted fan, and we simply agree to disagree.  If some of his projection strike on as, oh, ___________, well, losing and wildly inconsistent hoops will do that to even the most conscientious of fans.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: January 14, 2020, 05:00:06 PM »

Randle and Frank?  No first rounder? 

Maybe thats true.

Well, lets start with I think Knicks signed Randle for good reason - and dont wish to detour from that

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: January 14, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »

With Knicks seemingly willing to add Drummonds 28 mil for next year (should he opt in) - this at least signals we are trying to build something, not just clear out everyone for cap space

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1851