Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964562 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10320 on: January 17, 2020, 11:41:07 AM »

Why are Knox and Barrett given minutes regardless of their play?

Because we are 11-31 and (desperately) need at least one of those two to become a solid starter in this League. 

If you mean just the PHX game, RJB only got 14 mins; Knox just 17.

But I didn't see the game, might try to catch a replay or highlights now.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: January 17, 2020, 12:09:44 PM »

1-7 last 8 games.
Next 4:
PHI - @Cle - LAL - TOR
So at least some good teams coming to MSG.
Better be up for CLE.

Then the next 9 leading to the A-S Break features all below .500 East teams, except one game v. IND (and Memf a losing West team).  So that stretch will give a good indication of what we are.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: January 17, 2020, 12:44:11 PM »

I'm confident we already have that indication.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: I need some good news
« Reply #10323 on: January 17, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »

I need some REAL good news.

I don’t give a fuk about Lonzo or any other ball for that matter.

You want good news? Change teams.

The 2 idiots running and ruining this franchise need to be held accountable and shit canned out the door.

Once again they've just thrown a bunch of players together and hoped for the best.

This team just sucks as I've been saying all year.

Can’t change teams. You know how it goes.

Hoping perrymills are shown the door at the end of the season. We know Dolan likes Ujiri.

One can always hope ...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: January 17, 2020, 01:52:46 PM »

Then the next 9 leading to the A-S Break features all below .500 East teams, except one game v. IND (and Memf a losing West team).  So that stretch will give a good indication of what we are.

I'm confident we already have that indication.

Funny.

But. Yeah.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: January 17, 2020, 02:05:39 PM »

Well, we looked better after Elf returned and with a new head coach.  Our best player, MaMo just missed 5 games.

After the next 4, we have a string of games against non-playoff teams, mostly East team we compete with.  So a chance to see how we are with Morris, Elf and Coach Malone.

We need shooters.  Why not give Trier some run?

Wonder if we have anything to trade for Jrue?
Seems there's talk of him being available.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: January 17, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »

Once again they've just thrown a bunch of players together and hoped for the best.

This team just sucks as I've been saying all year

For today your point rings true

But how about getting on the coach a bit?  Why did Allen not play - replaced by Frank Clank?  Kadeem was on a good run.  Why are Knox and Barrett given minutes regardless of their play?

Exactly.  Or Trier instead of Dotson.  Hard not to point the finger at the coaching when you get beat that bad by that team.  At the same time, we only have two consistent scorers.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 04:38:45 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: January 17, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »

This team just sucks as I've been saying all year

For today your point rings true

But how about getting on the coach a bit?  Why did Allen not play - replaced by Frank Clank?  Kadeem was on a good run.  Why are Knox and Barrett given minutes regardless of their play?

Exactly.  Or Trier instead of Dotson.  Hard not to point the finger at the coaching when you get beat that bad by that team.  At the same time, we only have two consistent scorers.

I've always like Dotson's motor, his defense and his long-range shooting.  But he has CLEARLY not recovered from shoulder surgery.  During Trier's garbage time moments, he has clearly been putting extra effort into defense and ball movement. 

Considering how desperate we are for offense, other than simply hoisting treys, I am baffled as to why Trier is not getting daylight?  WTF?  Does he have bodies in the basement? 

And hasn't Kadeem earned rotation minutes? 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
MaMo
« Reply #10329 on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:23 PM »

What to do with Marcus Morris. 

He came back from being hurt in his best game as a pro and showed little rust.
The Knicks think they can get a protected 1st or two 2nds for him.

It makes sense to try to keep him because he is a leader and a good player
BUT
even if the Knicks trade him they can potentially re-sign him this summer. 

So when you view the team in the post-Porzingis epoch and you see DSJ having a hard time, don't you have to take one of the other returns you got from the trade (cap space used to sign Morris and others) and sign players with that space who can be traded into more assets?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

chipstern

• View Profile
RJ's Sprained Ankle
« Reply #10330 on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »

Out at least a week. 

Would seem like a propitious time to give Alonzo a long look, particularly if there is any interest in either

A) Truly evaluating his talent

B) Showcasing him for a trade scenario

Alas, I suspect that Bullock will get RJ's minutes. 

I like Reggie, but come on man, what's up with burying Alonzo on the pine? 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: MaMo
« Reply #10331 on: January 17, 2020, 05:15:35 PM »

What to do with Marcus Morris. 

He came back from being hurt in his best game as a pro and showed little rust.
The Knicks think they can get a protected 1st or two 2nds for him.

It makes sense to try to keep him because he is a leader and a good player
BUT

So when you view the team in the post-Porzingis epoch and you see DSJ having a hard time, don't you have to take one of the other returns you got from the trade (cap space used to sign Morris and others) and sign players with that space who can be traded into more assets?

Mmmmm, interesting

Sort of how the Yankees traded what's his name (their #1 relief pitcher, Aroldis Chapman) to the Cubs, helping them to cement their first World Series win since, what, 1908, and shoplifted top prospect Glyber Torres as ransom. 

Then proceeded to re-up said same Chapman the following season. 

Alas, baseball and basketball work differently.  A prospect is a KNOWN QUALITY, and Glyber turned out to be a major STEAL, whereas a second round pick in the NBA Draft is either feast or famine. 

Might MM re-up in such a scenario?

Consider how emotional he was when the Phoenix Suns traded his brother in mid-season. 

I doubt he would re-re-consider the Knicks. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: January 17, 2020, 05:19:11 PM »

I wouldnt expect that

But...If we do keep Marcus management again runs the risk of having been lied to - as a nice 3 year deal (fair dollars) may get the "NYET - I will see who else chimes in" response.

Tough call.  I really like Tre Jones and a few others at the back end of round 1 this year.  And someone - some all conference stud - could drop like Porter off an injury or other concerns. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Dawg Pounding
« Reply #10333 on: January 17, 2020, 05:25:24 PM »

File this under beating a dead horse. 

While I believe your contempt for Fizdale has been justified. 

Your hallucinations based on signing Coach Bud in lieu of Coach Crud are worthy of Clipper Jane no less. 

You "Presume" that Porzingis would still be here, which on the face of it, is unsupported by any evidence...

Not to mention that...

Tim MacMahon: The Mavericks downgraded Kristaps Porzingis from questionable to out. This will be the 10th straight game Porzingis misses due to right knee soreness. – via Twitter espn_macmahon

And you project Bud getting up 30-35 wins with the same fucking personnel, ostensibly because we could wager the ranch that Bud would not have gone along with complicity in tanking. 

Then, so covered with honor, that given the credibility of Bud, the presence of KP, and a near playoff finish from our hometown team, we would not only have signed a true top-tier free agent, but would've (my fave part) likewise drafted Jah Morant. 

Presumably this wet dream is based on a burgeoning contempt for RJ, seeing as how he was this management team's choice.  As per Jah, well, if our Knicks finished in the 30-35-39 range as you project, that would've put us in the same class as the Hawks, the  Wizards, the Heat or the Hornets, which begs the question, in what Alternate Universe would Jah Morant have dropped from #2 to #8 or #9 or #10?  Hmmmm ?  Jaxon Hayes, Rui Hachimura, Cam Reddish. 

Given your glistening persona as a master of sarcasm and the absurd, perhaps we should credit the unabashed effulgence of your rectal emission as another foray into the realm of humor. 

Or perhaps not. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:35:56 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: January 17, 2020, 05:33:37 PM »

The correct argument - Chip - is "why would you want Porzingis here at the salary we'd have needed to give him and the ? surrounding all aspects of his overall package?"

And the only proper comeback would be that we could/should have shopped him around or at a different time.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 1851