Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899696 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #10950 on: February 07, 2020, 01:52:04 AM »

Cheer up Bo. Somehow we can still win some games.

http://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/6/21127528/nba-trade-deadline-grades
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
The Deal
« Reply #10951 on: February 07, 2020, 02:03:44 AM »

Our Deal-maker-in-chief and Putin Cheerleader could have made a better deal than this.
😳😭

The day they fire Mike Miller I’m checking out of Knock fandom for good.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: February 07, 2020, 02:25:08 AM »

I dont see how winning an extra 4 or 5 games helps anything.

We mostly need a top 3 pick in weak draft.  We'll have something like a 30% chance of that (note: a totally conjectured figure)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:31:29 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: February 07, 2020, 03:12:31 AM »

We’ll have so much flexibility in this draft between the picks and team option vets, that we should be able to pry out a vet we like and pick up a kid we want to target, or if there are two kids we like enough, stick to that.

I like Mike Miller more than anyone in coaching circles I’ve heard associated with Leon Rose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: February 07, 2020, 03:33:44 AM »

Forgot to wonder what our 3 point % is without Morris.  We were only making 33% with MaMo lighting it up.

Maybe 31% as a team.   30%?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: February 07, 2020, 08:25:25 AM »

YUSUF SANON!!!

Vs cones, with interview (from 2018)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4AbsUafPs

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: February 07, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »

Looks like he got a bit thicker since then

https://www.proballers.com/basketball/player/74259/yusuf-sanon

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: February 07, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »

Trading your best player for drek? Not a great start. 44% from 3 will be missed.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: You had to be prepared for this
« Reply #10958 on: February 07, 2020, 10:02:00 AM »

Morris has a chance to extend the Clips a round or two,  and as long as they stay healthy should have just guaranteed conference finals with a good shot at the Finals.   For that turboboost, Knix got little. I had been aiming for Simonize and Portland's circa 16 pick.

How you gonna get a lot for a turboboost of the Clippers by sending him to Portland?
Do you know if Portland even wanted him?  There was zero talk.  You just make stuff up.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: February 07, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »

So a Mohark rental, a very late 1st (28th or so),  DET's fairly high 2nd.    Circa 36th.

We likely just got nothing useful for our best player, who top playoff teams were drooling to add.   Combined with the rare top-exec firing two days before the trade deadline.  Another great week for Dolan!

Our best player that you don't even want to re-sign for the 4 years it will take to sign him. You're all over the place.  You love Morris but don't wanna re-sign him this offseason. But you trash the knicks for getting something for a guy you DONT WANT.  Crybaby knicks fan!!!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: February 07, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »

I'll type slower so you can follow.   Maybe #'s will help you.

1.  I would have traded Randle,  and resigned Morris at the going rate.   Earlier I proposed a 4 year deal starting at $19M and dropping $1M per year.   For an average of $17.5M.   Total 4/$70M.  Around those parameters should get it done.  I'd worry about the 4th year,  and contract year boost,  and sign him to 4 years if that's what it took.  Morris showed toughness,  skill,  leadership,  looked like a Knick.

2.  A POR  deal largely dried up when they added Melo.  And stayed below .500.  But that's the TYPE of haul I was hoping for.   A prospect or otherwise useful piece + a pick closer to 20.  Hark who likely walks and a 28th pick is less value than should have been possible.  Great trade ... for LAC.  Maybe Knix should have decided if we were keeping or moving Morris earlier than 2 days before the deadline.  Also moving Morris a few weeks ago might have netted more.

3.  I think we got another poor return for a talented player (see KZ trade; TyC,  etc.).   I think the FO fiasco hampered us,  and we did another rushed deal (see KZ trade).  The #28 or so pick in a weak draft for a guy in his prime balling.   Alas.

4.   We needed to trade one of Randle/Morris,  and given Morris'  age,  next contract and greater trade value,  it was reasonable to keep the younger uunder-contract Randle. Now need to get him some complementary pieces.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:14:42 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: February 07, 2020, 11:22:50 AM »

You typed 4 points and you contradicted your first point ("I would have traded Randle") with your last point ("it was reasonable to keep Randle".)

Point #2.  Did portland have any interest?  I didn't hear about any deals.  You're gaslighting us.

Point #3.  You don't get premium pieces for a rental.

Back to your first point, if you want to sign Morris for 4yrs/70 guess what... offer that to him this summer.   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:24:38 AM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: February 07, 2020, 11:59:53 AM »

Cheer up Bo. Somehow we can still win some games.

http://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/6/21127528/nba-trade-deadline-grades

The Knicks … made a good trade? Moving Morris without taking on future salary and landing a first-round pick in the process was probably the best possible outcome here, even if the pick will land toward the bottom of the first round. The pick swap is more for posterity than anything, as nary a universe exists where the Knicks will draft lower than the Clippers next season. Still, now is not the time to take shots at the Knicks, who have established the lowest possible bar at past deadlines. This is a good return, this is a fair return, and this is the right direction to take.

Grade: B

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: February 07, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »

I disagreed with a lot of the grades in that article.   Writer seemed young and didn't impress me.

Didn't he also give DET a B  after acknowledging they traded their best player for a 2nd rounder. Bravo.

He also gave ATL a D for Capella, with the proviso that Nerlens is cheap.   As though those two are somehow similar. 

I'm impressed how easily knick fans not only reconcile themselves with a bad trade,  but become convinced it was good.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:07:40 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: February 07, 2020, 01:33:12 PM »

Well, yeah. Knick fans have a tendency to do that. And certainly many did with the increasingly ridiculously lopsided KP drop (man was he balling until he got his nose rearranged). And yes, we gave up our best player yet again for what doesn't seem much return for the second straight year. The most basic rule of trade law broken. BUT:

One of 'em had to go. The floor was a cleaner, better, more fluid place for much of the game last night. The perim defense much more solid (at least while Frankie was out there alongside Elf). And there are legit reasons for making a bet on Julius.

Now you gotta stick those picks, or use 'em well. For a change, not crying, though do wish we'd offloaded a few more players.

*** and, oh yes, Moe M'Fn Harkless does play defense and that can never be a bad thing
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:30:45 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1844