Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900095 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11010 on: February 08, 2020, 10:39:03 PM »

Last ten games

Dennis
20-58

Frank
18-53

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: February 08, 2020, 10:40:43 PM »

Frank
19 assists

Dennis
31 assists

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: February 08, 2020, 10:45:50 PM »

We survived the Smith-Barrett combo in the 4th.

I thought coach brought back Payton and Randall too late (down seven with 6 minutes or something). I was wrong. They came through big. Payton genuinely running the offense at the end. I know Detroit sucks, but so do we, and it was great seeing this level of competence and control on both ends.

Ellington and Mitch with strong games.

JULIUS!
BOBBY!
ELFRID!

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Four straight!
« Reply #11013 on: February 08, 2020, 10:48:03 PM »

Oh woe be fallen Knicks faithful fear not! Tis I, Positive Pussy Prime!

POSITIVE PUSSY #4

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: February 08, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »

POSITIVE PUSSY #4

We've seen rock bottom.  We've emerged.   Heads almost above water under COY Miller (13-18 record)
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: February 09, 2020, 12:16:26 AM »

Folks like Bo will come back with "well, then he's overpaid", but so what?

It's a problem if it means they have to fill out their bench with min salary guys like this year.   

The huge contracts for Scurry & Klay have limited their flexibility and distorted their roster.   Wiggy's loot compounds that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Kuz-na-ma stay
« Reply #11016 on: February 09, 2020, 12:17:51 AM »

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/lakers-offered-kyle-kuzma-and-then-some-to-knicks-for-marcus-morris-report/312695634

According to the LA Times, the Lakers and Knicks failed to come to an agreement, but the report indicates the Lakers were willing to give up some pieces. Those were reportedly Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green, but the Knicks said no.

From there, the report states "the Knicks then countered with a deal centered around Kuzma, Avery Bradley, DeMarcus Cousins and at least one second-round pick." The Lakers said no to that, and the deal never happened.

Morris, 30, averaged 19.6 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists while shooting 44.2 percent from the field and 43.9 from three for the Knicks this season. Morris sat out the Clippers' first game since he joined the team, which went down as a 142-115 loss to the Timberwolves on Saturday.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: February 09, 2020, 12:31:34 AM »

Sounds about right.   I saw A Very Bradley mentioned in some rumors,  but he's too valuable to Lakes D.  While Granny Dean's 3's would be replaced by Morris.

Don't really see how Kuz or Green fit with the Knix,  but they'd be assets.   And probably best to try to refill Green to a contender for sth.

Maybe our shaken-up FO didn't have time to work out the-trades ...   
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: February 09, 2020, 12:41:28 AM »

Sounds about right.   I saw A Very Bradley mentioned in some rumors,  but he's too valuable to Lakes D.  While Granny Dean's 3's would be replaced by Morris.

Don't really see how Kuz or Green fit with the Knix,  but they'd be assets.   And probably best to try to refill Green to a contender for sth.

Maybe our shaken-up FO didn't have time to work out the-trades ...

We got rid of a suit with no NBA bonafides.  He was a dangerous growth that needed to be excised. 
We didn't lose our GM.  Perry was here through it all and had as much time as any front office.
I don't see who you route Green to.  We might regret not taking Kuzma though.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: February 09, 2020, 02:07:03 AM »

Sounds to me like Perry Mills both knew their cushy jobs were at stake and they tussled over what to do.   Doesn't sound like Perry had a free hand until the last 48 hours.   

If your boss doesn't want to trade Morris,  then you don't look into those deals much,  especially since the Knix were also trying to move some of Portis,  Jr. Smith,  Ellington,  Trier; willing to move Knix,  Franc,  Randle,  Elf,  Taj for the right return.

Yes,  I'm speculating,  but that's roughly how things likely went down based on what's leaked out.

Mills Brother wanted to keep and resign MaMo, so Perry was likely working on other deals with low level Morris talk in the background.

My theory is that cost us a potential better Morris return.   While the intensive Morris trade focus right before the deadline might have cost us other deals (Portis,  Smith,  etc).  Getting in on a 3 or 4 tram trade takes up significant time.   HOU reportedly tried to get NYK in on their Covington/Minny deal.

I'm glad Mills is gone,  but the timing and power struggle did us no favors.   
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: February 09, 2020, 02:15:47 AM »

Last ten games

Dennis
20-58

Frank
18-53
Frank
19 assists

Dennis
31 assists

I don't know. It feels like Frank has taken strides recently — perhaps I shouldn't have said "the last couple of months." He certainly had a terrible series of games a few weeks ago.

But for what it's worth, Franks +/- is almost always higher than Dennis' this year. And it feels that way.

Indeed, at his position, Dennis +/- is ranked at the absolute bottom in the NBA this year (the 86 spot).

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: February 09, 2020, 02:17:13 AM »

POSITIVE PUSSY #4

We've seen rock bottom.  We've emerged.   Heads almost above water under COY Miller (13-18 record)

I fear COY Miller is a goner at the end of the season. Then you can take my #2 spot.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: February 09, 2020, 06:02:20 AM »

From what I've seen,  Jr.  Smith has been fairly bad.   Except for  some good plays or brief stretches of nice play.

He can get into the paint,  makes some good passes.   His shot has been bad so he doesn't trust it,  and sometimes passes when he should shoot and vice versa.

His finishes around the rim have been an adventure, but some of his drives to get there are pretty nice.

Bottom line: there's hints if talent.  He needs coaching and reps.   Earlier on the year I suggested having him run Westchester for a few weeks to get hid confidence and rhythm back,  help his decision-making.   There could be a player in there.  Maybe something akin to Shroder.

Knix have spent a lot of time trying this before.   Mud & Trey Burke barely get courttime even though their teams are short on PG's.   
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:40:18 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: February 09, 2020, 07:44:27 AM »

Marq Chriss with 26 / 9 & 2 blocks in 27 mins v.  Lakers.
Started at C for GSW and came through.

He was immature and lost a few years,  but seems to have focused, when he saw his career slipping away. Interesting young player who was on waivers recently ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: February 09, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »

If their future 2nd rounder could have gotten a late rebound or two,  we would have lost.

SET was without Blake,  Rose, Kennard, (Bulldog Drummond),  Mihailyuk (sp?).  They almost needed to borrow Bullock to have enough players.  I was surprised RegJax was back.

Agents as GM's is a weird new NBA twist, which seems fife with conflicts of interest.

DET has Arm Tellem on some high capacity.  But its unclear of he or Stefanski are running the show.   They don't actually have a GM or Prez of Basketball Ops.  A real mess in DET.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 733 734 [735] 736 737 ... 1844