Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899576 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11370 on: March 03, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »

If I were a career counselor, yes, if I were being honest, based on the last two decades of Dolan's tenure.

Fortunately, I'm not. Am a Knick fan, rather, despite Kam's insistence.

And Fizdale is no longer coaching and Mills isn't presidenting so the situation is somewhat different on this, the second day of Leon Rose's tenure, as opposed to that afternoon during Porzingis' third year as a Knick.

**** yo, but that silly Spike Lee ish just cries out same, same, same, same, same

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:22:00 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11371 on: March 04, 2020, 02:54:13 AM »

We don't know all of what went down.  But reportedly one source of friction was that KZ's brother wanted a formal position with Los Knix.  At the first mention of that, I had advocated making him one of our Euro-scouts, to appease him, get him away from KZ, keep KZ happy, and maybe he could help dig up another Baltic player for us. There was also Phil firing KZ's main strength&development coach.  Hiring novice Fizdale, a big BS-er, probably wasn't reassuring.

There's a lot the Knix did wrong, including trying to implement Phil's Triangle, which players generally don't like and have a hard time learning.  Which in a weird way made it more Phil's team than KZ's.  Phil taking offers on KZ was likely the tipping point.

The reality of the NBA is that one or two top tier players can change a franchise's fortunes dramatically.  KZ has the size and skill set to transform a team into long term winning.  There aren't too many high-level 2-way players. Not many 20+ point scorers who play good defense.  [of the 45 players scoring more than 18 points, I count 11, including KZ, as + defenders.  So KZ likely is or will be one of the Top 10 two-way players in the game.  Caveat: I didn't bother to scan further down the scoring list or rank the 2-way guys]

So you have to do what is necessary to make a young developing stud like KZ happy and retain him.  The rules are set up so teams can keep their rooks for a long time.  Extra year and bigger raises = extra guaranteed money. 

And if you want/have to move your franchise cornerstone, you have to wait til you can get a high level quality return.  Instead DAL just offered a slightly upgraded version of the TyC trade, and we rushed into it (DeAndre3000/Dalembert; Wes Mathews/Ellington; Jr. Smith/Larkin&Jose; plus two 1st round picks/two 2nd round picks).  Right now all we got was the enigmatic Smith Jr, having his worst pro season, with his head elsewhere.  And DAL sure isn't concerned about giving up their '21 & '23 pick for KZ.  Picks that'll likely fall around the 18th pick or worse.

So who cares what blame lies on the Zinger camp, it was a calamity to lose KZ for junkola.  Ya gotta keep your franchise players content.  Ya gotta keep your franchise players.  We needed KZ much more than he needed us.  We're screwed, he's doing well.  Etc.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 05:53:46 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: March 04, 2020, 03:11:49 AM »

Btw, why didn't we hold on to Wes Mathews to see if he could help?
He's starting on the league's best team this season, hitting 37% on his 3's, and would be our best wing player.  Signed an ultra-cheap 2/$5.2M contract with MIL.  Yup, MIL picked up a starter for $2.5M this year.

Anyway, glad we didn't buyout/waive MoHawk.  Useful player, wants to be a Knick, probably won't get big FA offers, hopefully we can keep him for around $6 -$8M per.

RegMiller suggests Spike should become a Pacers fan ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11373 on: March 04, 2020, 06:02:58 AM »

Didn't know MoHark had a great shooting game v. PHI.
But aside from that explosion, he's just 2-12 on 3's for NYK.
I just think he's a guy others like playing with and the type that steadies a team.

I saw a good chunk of the HOU game on replay (mainly the 1Q & 4Q) and Hark just made some smart plays.  Ran an improvised give-and-go with Randle, when the Rockettes ignored Hark after he fed Randle in the post.  Even little things like when HOU had a fast break after a poor NYK turnover, Hark knew how to take the foul, while not letting HOU get a shot up and not getting a flagrant.  It's rather basic, but the kind of things lots of players can't manage these days.

I see Hark listed at 6'7", but he seems more around 6'8" / 6'9".
Maybe someone can get a better sense of his height when he stands next to say Randle or RJB.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11374 on: March 04, 2020, 08:22:54 AM »

Btw, why didn't we hold on to Wes Mathews to see if he could help?

11.3 PER, .396 shooting over 283 games

and we were looking at Trier, Knox, Dotson and Jenkins, plus some Frank at the 2
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:26:27 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: March 04, 2020, 08:27:23 AM »

But if you want a Matthews to start for us at the 2 next year, I can find you one.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: March 04, 2020, 11:11:09 PM »

Knox is just useless

Leon Rose has to see this.

15-48
6-20
6-9

last ten games

8 assists
11 turnovers
ZERO steals

lesterluv

• View Profile
Kam may very possibly be the absolute dumbest mf'er who has ever lived.
« Reply #11377 on: March 05, 2020, 12:46:06 AM »

Porzingis is the first player to go for 34+ points, 12+ reb, 5+ blocks, and 4+ ast since... himself, in the last game he played. Anthony Davis is the only other player who's done that this season.

Kristaps Porzingis has recorded 30+ PTS and 5+ BLK in back-to-back games played. The last player with 30PTS/5BLK in back-to-back games was Shaquille O’Neal in 2000

Jk, Jk, Kam is a f'ing genius compared to the real stupidest people who ever lived —— those who produced KP on the Mavs for two beans and a bag of shit. One of those motherfuckers is still employed at MSG. How is that possible?

Did Trier's per go up or down tonight? I forgot to check before I nodded out of the Knick game...

Jeezus Knox really was at full suckage, every time I try to dig in and appreciate some tiny glimpse of his "getting it," like marginally better defensive positioning or something, he goes and turns the ball over three times in a row...it's hard, it's hard I tell you, and I really do try

Lol, lol, this one is rapidly developing top 5 NBA all time worst trades potential, barring the career-ending injury that Kam so desperately roots for each night after he puts down the bong and crawls into bed

It's really hard to pick a highlight, there's so many, offense and defense side, but let's go with this overtime crunchtime pick n slam:
https://twitter.com/Hustle_NBA/status/1235430863476645888

He blocks the shit out of Zion here.
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1235413053530914816
Zion, btw, had just 16 at end of reg, lowest in the last dozen games. No not coincidence that somebody 7'3" was guarding his favorite place.

Some country fucking imbecile in the woodshed type morons liked that trade.

What would I tell every player we draft? I would tell every player I hope you're like Kristaps Porzingis. I hope you care about winning, and your career, and don't want to waste a minute of it in a shit-show run by idiots. I hope you're not some soft stupid take-the-money-and-be-happy lardass. Cause I want 12 who feel like Porzingis did.

OT: Donovan on Frankie: https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/1235407068942741504

OT: How is this man allowed to wear Bernard's number?
https://streamable.com/y3ip2
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:42:12 AM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: March 05, 2020, 08:45:32 AM »

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/wendall-moore-jr.html

Projected to go right around where we select in 20221 draft with the Dallas pick

We will get better using the 2 picks

How good would we have been with KP?  Or is it just about getting to watch him?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11379 on: March 05, 2020, 09:06:43 AM »

Lester - I watched Dallas-NO last night

Maxi Kleber was on Zion the entire night.

He is too quick for KP

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #11380 on: March 05, 2020, 09:42:44 AM »

By no means meant to imply that KP was guarding the young lion, rather, was pointing out the salutorious effects of having such a rim protector. (as seen in vid)

No not coincidence that somebody 7'3" was guarding his favorite place.

Apologies for the confusion!

Here's the two of them on Zion, sigh...  https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1235404978585395200

One of the motherfuckers responsible is still employed at MSG. How is that possible?

just really getting back from year ++ off, age 24, finally in a lil bitty groove, and every night he's doing what nobody else has done in 20 years, or ever, that's what unicorn means, ya f'n cheese-face soofidoofus..
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:23:49 AM by lesterluv »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11381 on: March 06, 2020, 09:37:39 AM »

Yeah, Knox was terrible. 
Elf was really good.
Franc was fine, but almost always gives up the ball 25' out for no advantage.  At least he's cut down on those telegraphed turnover passes.  Once he did an unexpected blow-by.
Portis kept us in the game 2nd Q, but then went quiet.
Randle and Portis make a hash of D when played together.
Randle seems to wear down some 4Q's, so either need to spread his minutes better or find a 4Q scorer (or both).

UTA has a lot of nice action where they run PnR's and cuts and get things going rimward and usually Royce slides to the top of the arc for kick outs.  That was open a ton, and a nice safety outlet for the Jazz.  Well-coached team.  But Conley still hasn't meshed that well.  And their bench is limited.  A good team, but not a contender.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11382 on: March 06, 2020, 09:38:16 AM »

The Max Factor did a terrific job on Zion.
KZ came over to disrupt and block Zion as well.
First time I saw Zion, and height bothered him.
Since he's not taking any shots beyond 6 feet.

I said before the season it would take until at least Jan and maybe the all-star break before you could really evaluate KZ.  Also, the Powell injury got them using KZ in a better way.  KZ has really been good on D.  Mostly at the rim, but the corner 3 Melli hit (his only bucket) to get it to OT, saw KZ right in his face with his arms up.   Wasn't it just a Player of the Week ago that Kam was laughing because KZ sat on a B2B?

Doncic is a complete madman.  1st half he threw the ball away and took terrible shots.  but he's persistent as all get out, and just wears the D down.  But at the end of the game, Luka took over bombing in a long 3, hitting KZ on a sweet little pocket pass for a roll dunk, and the 3rd masterpiece was drawing a huge crowd in the paint and kicking out for an open Hardaway corner 3.  The guy is special.  If he got his conditioning better and cut down on the slop ... oh my.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:37:38 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11383 on: March 06, 2020, 10:02:38 AM »

I guess I need to clean out cookies, because on my usual browser I'm banned for life here ...

Some pre-season predictions Bo made:

KZ would take til 2020 and then some to get right and dominate.  And the trade would look awfuler.  Check.

MIL would miss The Frog a good deal.  Er, they've killed without him.  Though he could help a lot in the playoffs, he's forgotten in the reg season.  Wrong.

Josh Rich would be a perfect fit for PHI.  I thought his shooting and D would really fill a gap for them.  But he doesn't have the playmaking chops of a Jimmy Butler.  And that's what their halfcourt O needs.  And they still need a finisher.  And Josh Rich hasn't really got into a good groove.  Wrong.

Knix dodged a bullet striking out on Kyrie and KD.  A little early to declare, but KI has been dinged up, inconsistent and now out the year.  KD will take time to regain form a la KZ.
I'll take it.

POR would miss Mo Hark and Aminu and play crap D.  Check.
Though they have had lots of injuries.

Those are the ones I recall and felt strongly about.  I was wrong on MIL and PHI.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11384 on: March 06, 2020, 07:03:09 PM »

Program note

HEAT-PELS
BUCKS-LAKERS

ESPN  8 pm

- oh - and the Knicks play
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 1844