Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899567 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11445 on: March 11, 2020, 01:03:18 AM »

Poor shooting, but good boards and blocks.  KZ and the non-Luka starters were all -1.  Luka and the bench were -9.  Didn't see the game.

When I've seen DAL, KZinger tends to take long 3's and sometimes rush them.  For a few guys -- Scurry, Lillard, Trae -- the long 3 is reasonable.  KZ needs to be closer to the line.  Not like anyone is going to block a 7'3" guy form outside.  When waiting off the ball, he needs to be near the line not 3- or 4 feet behind.

Les you like to proclaim tanking dead.  But GS sure did it this year knowing it's their only chance to dip into the high draft for years (Top 5 guaranteed with a little more losing, and 50/50 Top 3).  While DET jettisoned everyone who could play and is aiming for 2nd worst record.  That's two teams actively tanking.  And I'd advise the Knix to be the 3rd. 

Losing to ATL on the 2nd night of a Road B2B would help.  And drop a pair to MINN and the draft slot improves.  Not a deep draft class, which might make the tankeroo more important.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:13:13 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: March 11, 2020, 08:26:14 AM »

Lol, he played short minutes because he sucked so bad. Miller had to yank him (along with the other starters). Was ugly...

Hachimura effect?

Cant comment til I see the replay.

I do see the 4 turnovers in the box in 26 minutes, 1 above his average.  But it's the 11 shots that stood out.  (5 under average)  3rd time in 10 games he has had that few. and Julius has only played his average of 32 minutes 3 in last ten.

Julius also has just 9 three point attempts in last 6 games (0 last night), just 40% of average - which is what many want.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:29:44 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: March 11, 2020, 08:55:38 AM »

Poor shooting, but good boards and blocks.  KZ and the non-Luka starters were all -1.  Luka and the bench were -9.  Didn't see the game.

Once again KP showed he is NOT a very good on ball defender (cornerstone of defense, of course).  Has excellent defensive vision and anticipation from an off the ball perspective, getting to his HELP D spots.  But Aldridge cooked him pretty good - and this so often gets lost in the sauce in today's team D heavy (in terms of analysis) NBA.

Meanwhile some kid I never heard of for Spurs locked down Luka pretty good a few times in 1 v 1 settings.  Great individual effort.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:31:16 AM by kiidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: March 11, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »

Les you like to proclaim tanking dead.  But GS sure did it this year knowing it's their only chance to dip into the high draft for years (Top 5 guaranteed with a little more losing, and 50/50 Top 3).  While DET jettisoned everyone who could play and is aiming for 2nd worst record.  That's two teams actively tanking.  And I'd advise the Knix to be the 3rd. 

I'm going to stick w/my opinion here.

Detroit. Kind of. Yeah. But really more of a mid-season franchise reboot when they realized there was no hope whatsoever.

GS lost 3 hall of famers. That's not tanking. That's god striking you down, now claim your prize. Which is going to be a pretty good pick. They did by no means do a "Knicks."

Draymond still averages almost 30 mpg when he's not sitting with a sore knee -- and it's just stupid to play him with a sore knee when nothing is at stake. They didn't shelve Curry for the season. Probably could have. They got good coin for D'angelo with an eye toward future. Their best players play. They play to win.  They just don't win much.

Most of the worst teams in the league were buyers, not sellers at the trade deadline. Atlanta. Minnesota. Cleveland. Looking to improve for second half and beyond. The Bulls could have sold assets. They didn't. This is a fundamentally changed landscape.

Most teams get it. The new rules mean jockeying down isn't worth it.

If we hadn't — odds are prob at least 50/50 we have Morant or Zion right now — no argument, we know where those ping pong balls fell— odds would have been much better that we would have at least landed meetings with the top free agents who laughed and refused to even pick up the phone.  And an absolutely disgusted fan base might be a trifle less disgusted.

Let's agree to disagree. I think things are quite different, and I'm happy about it.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: March 11, 2020, 10:18:00 AM »

Am I missing something?
Wasn't it just TRae and one 1st, which was used for Kam Red. 

And Hunter was ATL's own 1st round pick.

Hunter was the Lakers pick. 
And if Luka was a Hawk then they don't have the 8th pick to trade for Hunter.

1.  Pelicans draft Zion Williamson

2.  Grizzlies draft Ja Morant

3.  Knicks draft RJ Barrett

4.  Lakers draft De'Andre Hunter >> officially traded to the Hawks, after first being dealt to the Pelicans

5.  Cavaliers draft Darius Garland

6.  Suns draft Jarrett Culver >> officially traded to the Timberwolves

7.  Bulls draft Coby White

8.  Hawks draft Jaxson Hayes >> officially traded to the Pelicans

9.  Wizards draft Rui Hachimura

10.  Hawks draft Cam Reddish
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: March 11, 2020, 10:25:57 AM »

And Kam might be off his nut these days

Bo don't know.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: March 11, 2020, 10:33:13 AM »

Randle with another giant pile of manure

Frank & Portis' heroics not enough

Porzingod now with 9pts back-to-back! WHOP  WHOP!!!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:50 AM »

And if Luka was a Hawk then they don't have the 8th pick to trade for Hunter.

Not sure this is accurate

Luka went for 2 picks - Young and the pick that became Reddish.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:22:48 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: March 11, 2020, 11:24:18 AM »

The Hunter pick (#4 - Lakers) was dealt to the PELICANS in the AD trade.  Pels then dealt that for 2 picks - which became Hayes and Alexander-Walker with some other variables.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:52:12 AM by kiidcarter8 »

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: March 11, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »

Porzingod now with 9pts back-to-back! WHOP  WHOP!!!

Thank goodness — I was worried you would be buried down in that hole and asphyixiate!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: March 11, 2020, 12:17:45 PM »

There are a lot of reasons teams tank.
You're just providing explanatory context.

My definition of tanking: a team intentionally wins fewer games they they could/should have in order to secure a better draft slot.

I think that applies to GS.  Scurry could have come back sooner, Dray could play more.  Probably half the rotation players in the League have a sore knee, or something else sore.  I assume those two won't play a lot or long minutes if it threatens their lock on the worst record.  That's the goal for this year, not extra W's.  They never bothered to add a vet, just more yute trials, etc.

DET clearly gave up and doesn't care about winning another game, and is hoping for a high pick.

What's interesting is which 3rd or 4th team will join them.  So far all the other teams bunched around 19-21 W's have been playing to win.  But in the last 10-15 games at least one or more teams might just scrap an emphasis on winning and go the yute route, and rest vets, or key players, etc.

Knix could easily go that route by playing their iffy yute a lot more and their vets less.  This makes sense on a development level, but also to get a higher pick.

Will da Bulls sit Zach with a sore knee?  Or sore whatever.
I have no idea what MINi is about this year or how they wound up way down there.  They certainly aren't going to worry much about bringing KAT and Tangelo back quickly.  Cavs?  Hawks? 

Bulls, Knix, Hawks all have a lot of high picks and were aiming for development and a decent year.  CLE & MIN really could use a youth infusion a high pick could bring.

Let's see what the remaining 15 games and especially the last 10 tell us about whether a 3rd or 4th team join the tank parade.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: March 11, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »

Watching third quarter.  Randle puts us up 18 with 2 buckets.  Barrett an absolute horror.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: March 11, 2020, 12:23:44 PM »

Time to guard Bradley Beal Street ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: March 11, 2020, 12:38:30 PM »

Main thing I see here is - despite his positive line - Frank cant run a team.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:40:39 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »

Why is Kevin Knox in this game?
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1844