Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900337 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
As compared to pure randomness, it would matter about once a half century.
« Reply #11475 on: March 11, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »

lol, makes brain hurt this. I swear there must have been some kind of hiatus on teaching math during the formative years.

No they don't lock into shittier pick.

The pick is determined by the lotto ball.

The difference in chances between 4 & 5, and 5 & 6 at the number 1. 1.5 percent. At number 2 1.3 to 1.7 percent. And at the three guy, 1.2 to 1.3 percent.

Ya got a greater chance of dying of da corona if ya catch it then that making a difference.

*** or, if you don't believe the above, check out the Pelicans or Grizzlies roster, in your free time, which, if its like mine, will be far more copious now.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:54:30 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
If the season were to end today
« Reply #11476 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:54 PM »

Knicks locked into not being one of the bottom four.  Thus locked themselves into a shittier chance at the top pick.

Could still get lucky.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11477 on: March 11, 2020, 11:31:23 PM »

Of course we can still get lucky. Luck is what this is all about. 1.2-1.7 percent difference per slot...as I say, math is def not a strong point here.

like paying 94 cents vs. 96 for a coffee

or 62 versus 64 degrees on a spring day.

Who gives a big fat flying fuck?

*** I think y'all the type that buy powerball tickets and call it your IRA
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:46:10 PM by lesterluv »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
I'm glad we went out trying to win and won.
« Reply #11478 on: March 11, 2020, 11:36:06 PM »

I wish to god we had had an 8 to 9.5% shittier slot last year.

Cause then we'd be rocking Zion or Morant!

** Silver fixed things.  NBA GMs get it even if you guys don't. It all about luck gentlemen. So be prepared to stick the pick, where ever it is.

OK Fellows...here...jeez, our shot at pick 3 is 9.4 percent, the pistons is 10.6. I can't sleep at night. Where's my valium? Enjoy: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:15:23 AM by lesterluv »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: March 12, 2020, 01:25:41 AM »

Miller got as many wins as Fizz did all of last year. The ending on a Vince 3 was a classy move.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: March 12, 2020, 04:24:53 AM »

Of course we can still get lucky. Luck is what this is all about. 1.2-1.7 percent difference per slot...as I say, math is def not a strong point here.
like paying 94 cents vs. 96 for a coffee

Well, it's 1.3% +/- per slot, for 4 slots.  So becomes roughly 5%, which isn't huge, but isn't negligible (as 1.3% is).

Sure one slot (the price of winning v. ATL) isn't a big deal, but probably knocks a team back a slot.  Which has cost us some good players in the past (ie Scurry).  I was advocating tanking and trying to get the 3rd worst record.  That'd have a 67% chance of Top 5.

NYK with a 50.4% chance of picking 7th or 8th.  54.2% chance of picking 7th or lower.  Not bad, but this was a misery year.  And a weak draft.  Fizz would have led us to a higher pick ...

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: March 12, 2020, 06:10:35 AM »

Knicks have some much needed time to work on their shooting, from the field & from the stripe.

Not that invested in outcomes for the season. There might be some interesting broadcast potential interms of how to deliver games in empty gyms, especially live sound.

As for the Draft, I want me some Obi Toppin. Don’t care what pick is needed to get him, so long as we have that pick. Homeboy is ready.

Frank, RJ, Mitch, Obi, Knox, Iggy. I’d like Trier & Dot back, but I don’t know how they feel about it.

Portis and Randle are only 25. Payton is not much older. Neither Taj nor Reggie are too old to be regular contributors. Same is true for Harkless.

The only guys I hope not to see back are Ellington and Smith, though Smith might be rehabilitatable.

With Smith that’s 13 guys, 2 picks and whatever occurs with Trier, Dot, Harkless in the FA shuffle.

I think Toppin is a better long term solution at strong forward than Randle or Portis, but they’ll be good guys to play with as he enters the league and possibly beyond.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: March 12, 2020, 06:23:25 AM »

I'd assume the NBA season is done and we'll be lucky if we get any playoffs.
The US gov't and the people are going to have to rapidly change their behavior to head off the virus.  It still could be contained, but is on the verge of busting out like mad throughout the US.  I don't have much faith.  Wouldn't be surprised to see the US place into 2nd most cases behind China, with a few states becoming like Italy.  So far too much has been reactive, when they could have looked at China and Taiwan and Italy and seen what works and what doesn't, and implemented serious measures before the spread.

Get masks available to all who want them.  Encourage their use.  Limit large public gatherings.  Space people out where possible.  Increase availability of test kits dramatically.  Train doctors and nurses how to use protective gear and handle patients.  Have back up nurse trainees and paramedics ready to help out.

Have emergency plans for temporary isolation wards.  China just shut the last of over a dozen public buildings -- schools and arenas -- used as temp isolation areas for those who tested in Wuhan.  They just set up cubicles with beds and presumably didn't let people go anywhere until they tested negative.  China also built two temp hospitals in about 10 days.  And has requisitioned some hotels for patients.  If the number of cases explodes, there won't be enough hospital space to isolate patients, and won't be enough nurses to care for them, especially if nurses get sick too.

Get more people working from home.  Encourage limited travel, both personal and business.   Face masks and spacing people out in public.  Maybe providing hand sanitizer stations in busy public places like train stations, airports, malls.  Gloves aren't a bad idea in affected areas.  Precautions are good.  Epidemic viruses spreading rapidly are bad.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: March 12, 2020, 06:34:22 AM »

Dot, Trier, Bullox, Duke Ellington.
I think we need to just keep one vet and one yute.
Franc also plays the 2 at times, as does RJB.

I'd stick with Dot and Bullocks.
Dot & Bullocks can both man up to the 3 better than Ellington and Trier.
And they are better defenders than Trier and Ellington (respectively).

There's not one Knick I think is an essential keeper.
I'd like to hang on to Mitch, but I was willing to move him in a Tangelo trade.  RJB should be retained because he's super young and our best bet of a legit starter among our yute.  But he do have his flaws, and if he went, I wouldn't care much, as long as the return was good.

Guys I want back: Mitch, RJB, Elf.
Everybody else is mostly uninteresting placeholders.

Did any Knick improve or up their value this season?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: March 12, 2020, 07:19:09 AM »

Knicks have some much needed time to work on their shooting, from the field & from the stripe.

Knicks quarantined for the next 2 weeks since they played Utah and Rudy Flubert recently.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: March 12, 2020, 07:23:22 AM »

Hopefully there’s somewhere for each to go with a hoop. 2 weeks pure shooting drills.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
the final final final final word for you can't count motherf'ers
« Reply #11486 on: March 12, 2020, 09:04:15 AM »

Sure one slot (the price of winning v. ATL) isn't a big deal, but probably knocks a team back a slot. Which has cost us some good players in the past (ie Scurry).  I was advocating tanking and trying to get the 3rd worst record.  That'd have a 67% chance of Top 5.

NYK with a 50.4% chance of picking 7th or 8th.  54.2% chance of picking 7th or lower.  Not bad, but this was a misery year.  And a weak draft.  Fizz would have led us to a higher pick ...

LOL, really the last word on this. The win probably does NOT knock the team back a slot in the top 5.

THE WIN HAS ABSOLUTELY MINIMAL EFFECT ON OUR CHANCE OF LANDING A TOP FIVE PICK

*** which is actually reasonable, significantly better shot at moving up to the good stuff than in the old days, thanks Adam Silver, we did try, and as per your guidance, we have a shot at being rewarded for that effort, fuck thee who play to lose

Maybe it's English, not math, you m'fer's don't understand. Do we need a crash course on "probably/probable"?

LMAO
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:42:41 AM by lesterluv »

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: March 12, 2020, 09:05:59 AM »

Finally, finally we can say Emmanuel Mudiay has made a true impact in the league...

*** actually, I'm mistaken, if we are talking numbers, last year, he was probably a full 16.5-19% of the reason we didn't get Zion or Morant, so he already had some impact!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:35:15 AM by lesterluv »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: March 12, 2020, 09:24:39 AM »

How good arfe we if we keep everyone - if Harkless will stay on - and just add the 2/3 picks?

Is that doable financially? - I am talking keeping Bobby and Taj and Elfrid and Mo

Please dont come back with "YES, if we trade Randle"

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: March 12, 2020, 09:25:35 AM »

Chip's Hawks sure looked like a "ready to contend" team last night

heh
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 [766] 767 768 ... 1844