Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899671 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11535 on: March 14, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »

Assuming a draft occurs at some point & we keep our picks

Lotto: Obi Toppin 6’9” 225 Dayton Sophomore
Late First: Killian Tille 6’10” 220 Gonzaga Senior
Second: Malachi Flynn 6’1” 185 SDSU Junior

A hyperathletic scorer and two basketball savants with serious shooting range. No babies, all ready to play.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: March 14, 2020, 08:32:35 PM »

Assuming a draft occurs at some point & we keep our picks

Lotto: Obi Toppin 6’9” 225 Dayton Sophomore
Late First: Killian Tille 6’10” 220 Gonzaga Senior
Second: Malachi Flynn 6’1” 185 SDSU Junior

A hyperathletic scorer and two basketball savants with serious shooting range. No babies, all ready to play.

Pretty good job
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11537 on: March 14, 2020, 11:36:03 PM »

Very slim chance they would have been able to catch Memphis. Pels could have passed Portland for 9th though, so there’s that.

Heh

I'm guessing — should they be able to do playoffs — that they might widen it out to 9-12.

A larger pool. A play-in. Something like that.

Silver would want the most games. Spread the wealth. Give something to the fans of each franchise. They were playing with the idea of a mid-season tournament anyway.  Could give it a trial run.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11538 on: March 15, 2020, 12:50:52 AM »

I was thinking the opposite: that they might be reduced to a compressed playoffs, with just 4 or 6 teams per conference.  3 current playoff teams have losing records anyway.  And this way they'd be able to get fewer games in a fewer cities into a compressed schedule.  Another option, if they go with the full contingent of 16, is to have 1st (and maybe 2nd) round series be bets of 3, like back in the bad old days.  If they got started late and had a compressed schedule.  Really the NBA can push things back into July and even August if need be.

But my money is on no playoffs (60/40 in my book).

Now what would be fun is if the NBA decreed that only teams with winning records make the playoffs.  And they fill out the remaining slots -- three in the case of this season -- with a lottery system.  So the 21 W Knix might have a 5% or whatever chance of getting a playoff slot in a random drawing.  Hell, maybe every team with a losing record, around 15 or 16 most years, get an even chance in the playoff lottery (6% - 7% per opening). 

The catch is that any team hitting the playoff lottery gets reseeded for the draft as a playoff team, and is out of the draft lottery.   So a cruddy team such as Los Knickeroos, could get in to the playoffs this year via a playoff lottery, and it would bump their draft position to mid 1st round, somewhere around 15-17.  This might put a damper on tanking and a premium on have a winning record (.500 or better).

A little kooky, but you can bet those teams in the 7/8 slot below .500 will be playing hard.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: March 16, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »

Did the knix really trade away their best player for mo? A warm body? Glad I do not get to see more of him, the bright side.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11540 on: March 16, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »

He’ll be back next year and be somewhere in our top 8 players. Figure 20-25 mins a night.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11541 on: March 16, 2020, 07:45:21 PM »

Did the knix really trade away their best player for mo? A warm body?

No.  You were told this earlier.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11542 on: March 17, 2020, 03:50:23 AM »

Did the knix really trade away their best player for mo? A warm body?

No.  You were told this earlier.

"Shut up," my father explained.

He’ll be back next year and be somewhere in our top 8 players. Figure 20-25 mins a night.

Why on earth would he re-sign with a poor team?  Just so he can jack as many shots as he wants ...

In 12 games with the Clips, MaMo shot poorly.  Just 28% on 3's, which were more than half of his shots, dragging his overall FG% down to 38%.  Mo Hark's LAC #'s were 51% FG and 37% on 3's (on few attempts), with more versatile D.  Both played better on their initial teams. 

The trade likely hurt Morris' value, but I'd expect him to find a good fit and good money.  If he had finished the year with NYK, there's some chance he would have re-signed, but now I think that ship has sailed.  The Morris twins might try to stick together, as they're tight.  Mostly just bad teams will have cap space.  Minny would be a good fit, with KAT, Tangelo, Culver, Okogie -- they could be posed for a quick turnaround.  Well, if guys commit to D and passing.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11543 on: March 17, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »

I don’t think Morris is likely to return to the Knicks. Harkless I think is likely to make a return.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11544 on: March 17, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »

Oh, I misread you.  The Top 8 part should have tipped me off.

I think Mohawk is the type of player that helps a team, because he doesn't need the ball, does small things like screens and defense.  Wish he was more consistent, but he's a useful player.  Probably better on a team that is more coherent.  Hopefully we can keep him at a reasonable rate.  Seems he wants to stay in NYC.

I guess the next issue is who will be the new coach.  I'll plant my flag with Atkinson, if that analogy makes any sense.  I'm never good at knowing what coaches fit which teams, or knowing coaching strategies and approaches that well.  Atkinson seems to focus on defense and detail, be good at young player development, and has worked in NY.  These all sound good to me.
As usual, we are mostly starting over.

I really think there should be a website that scouts all NBA players, breaking down their strengths and weaknesses.  They could also have a coach section, detailing approaches, and strengths and weaknesses as well.  Lotta sports writers doing nothing.  Now would be a good time to get it underway.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11545 on: March 17, 2020, 03:00:47 PM »

1 - hasnt played well with LAC cast
2 - wont make Finals, maybe not even West Finals
3 - expressed his love for NY and willingness to return
4 - loved his role in NY
5 - money

reasons to not return

- prefers being above .500
- Knicks hire wrong coach
- cant live any longer without bro by side
- Knicks move on (Leon looking at other shiny pennies)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11546 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »

Do I care either way?  No.  MM didnt last the year playing effectively and only gets older.  And he'd demand a year more than we want to give - be a drain at back end of the deal.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11547 on: March 17, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »

I assume we both move on.

But MaMo did play his ass off in NY, was fun to watch and one of the better parts of the NYK season.  I enjoyed having him.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11548 on: March 17, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »

I assume we both move on.

But MaMo did play his ass off in NY, was fun to watch and one of the better parts of the NYK season.  I enjoyed having him.

Yup yup.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11549 on: March 17, 2020, 07:33:47 PM »

I'll pass on Atkinson.
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 1844