Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
June 23, 2018, 07:10:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which player in the mix at #9 do you wish most to see as a Knick?
Carter - 4 (40%)
Trae - 2 (20%)
Knox - 0 (0%)
Shai - 0 (0%)
Mikal - 4 (40%)
Sexton - 0 (0%)
BobWill - 0 (0%)
Miles - 0 (0%)
MPJ - 0 (0%)
LW4 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 1442
  Print  
Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 183544 times)
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18975 on: March 13, 2018, 08:22:30 PM »

Frank is 19.  Frank hasn't a clue what it means to play point guard in the NBA.   .  Clyde has said it all year.  he NEVER looks for his shot so his defender already knows he is going to pass every time.  you must be a dual threat.  you have to take the shot when available and also make the proper pass by not forcing the ball to players.

Jeff has done nothing to help him   jeff was a shooting guard in the NBA not a point and Jeff should be fired as soon as the season ends.

if he is not fired then it should be clearer that Mills doesn't have a clue.  I already know this by the Hardaway and Baker signings .

can you say OVERPAY?

Perry brings in Mudiay who basically replaces Frank when Frank needs time at the point to learn.  that is just stupid.

Dolan?

likely playing his horn and not giving a fuck.

carlos123

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18976 on: March 13, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »

mets need a healthy Conforto and Cespedes to have a shot at a wild card.

i would not say those two can't hit would you Carlos?

Well, Céspedes ain't what he was and doesn't take care of his body, and Conforto is a good hitter, not a difference maker.

But the basketball police is going to tell us to shut up about the Mets if we keep this up.

So back to the Knicks. Can we actually lose this game to good-tanker-team Dallas? That would be nice for a change  Grin

luee
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18977 on: March 13, 2018, 09:58:05 PM »

Wonderful tank loss to a terrible team trying to lose. All you have to do is become invisible for one quarter. .
Nagel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18978 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »

Well, Céspedes ain't what he was and doesn't take care of his body, and Conforto is a good hitter, not a difference maker.

But the basketball police is going to tell us to shut up about the Mets if we keep this up.

So back to the Knicks. Can we actually lose this game to good-tanker-team Dallas? That would be nice for a change  Grin

No sure what a difference maker is but Conforto IMO will be a star.  Cespedes can rake .  he must be healthy and he worked hard this off-season to be more limber and less muscular.

time will tell .  let's check in at the all star break and see how they are doing.

BTW

don't discount some of the others bats like Bruce and Frazier.  then their kid shortstop has skills as well.

mets should hit plenty of homers this year.  power pitching and power bats could give them a wild card opportunity.

unlike the knicks they are in the hunt.
carlos123

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18979 on: March 13, 2018, 10:55:02 PM »

So back to the Knicks. Can we actually lose this game to good-tanker-team Dallas? That would be nice for a change  Grin

No sure what a difference maker is but Conforto IMO will be a star.  Cespedes can rake .  he must be healthy and he worked hard this off-season to be more limber and less muscular.

time will tell .  let's check in at the all star break and see how they are doing.

BTW

don't discount some of the others bats like Bruce and Frazier.  then their kid shortstop has skills as well.

mets should hit plenty of homers this year.  power pitching and power bats could give them a wild card opportunity.

Hope you're right.

Back to basketball: PHUCK SCOTT PERRY AND STEVE MILLS TOO, and Jeff Hornacek while we're at it.

Oh, and by all means, PHUCK JIMMY DOLAN!!!

But happy today with a great loss to Dallas.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:58:33 PM by carlos123 » Logged
facilitatorn
Superhero Member

remember when the knicks were fun?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18980 on: March 14, 2018, 01:07:28 AM »

No sure what a difference maker is but Conforto IMO will be a star.  Cespedes can rake .  he must be healthy and he worked hard this off-season to be more limber and less muscular.

time will tell .  let's check in at the all star break and see how they are doing.

BTW

don't discount some of the others bats like Bruce and Frazier.  then their kid shortstop has skills as well.

mets should hit plenty of homers this year.  power pitching and power bats could give them a wild card opportunity.

The Knicks were in the hunt as well before the season started.

Not really, but we could at least talk smack like we were. Fun times.

My best understanding of recent play is that the Turkish government is trying to gas Kanter and our third quarter play is the collateral damage.

Next year is definitely going to need better coaching. We can’t execute much of anything on either end.

Into the shattered ruins stepped the Don
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18981 on: March 14, 2018, 01:08:19 AM »

2 fewer W's and the Knix would be right in the mix for a high pick.

Tuned in for the last 7+ mins of Lakes-Nugs.
DEN up 6 in LA when I arrived, and then Nugs collapsed - wound up losing by 9.
DEN: 7 4Q turnovers.  A host of bad shots.
IT & Randle carved DEN up. 
Nugs not gonna make the playoffs with that kind of 4Q effort.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18982 on: March 14, 2018, 02:04:58 AM »

Mud starts 3-3 FG (and 1 bad turnover) in the first 5 mins -- winds up 4-9 FG.  Hmm.

I've liked Tim Jr driving and scoring in other ways while his outside shot is off.

DAL double-teaming Kanter.
luee
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18983 on: March 14, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »

I don't know, compared to the useless pine bros. and exorbitantly overpriced third tier talent brought in over the past two decades muddy, Burke, Beast, and Williams have been revelations. Relax and enjoy a tank-rebuild year. Ron Baker, Lance Thomas, J. Jack, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee; give me a break. I am up in the air on Franc. On one hand he is just a teenie and does show some defensive skills but on the con side he has to learn to get the shot off quicker and penetrate; not a sure thing.
thebizneverloses
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18984 on: March 14, 2018, 03:49:48 PM »

Given the falling draft stock of Trae and Bagley and rising stock of Sexton, W Carter and Mikal Bridges (and perhaps eventually Musa), moving up in the draft by one or two spots isn't the most important thing to me.

Sure, we might miss out by one pick the guy we want (like with Steph Curry in the 2009 draft. We got Jordan Hill). But we might also pick the wrong guy by one pick (like with Demar Derozan in the 2009 draft. We got Jordan Hill).

To say there's no guarantee of success and point to Kawhi or Donovan Mitchell is short-sighted. History has proven that the likelihood of drafting an all-star decreases with each pick (steeply after the very first few picks and particularly after the #1 pick). There are always exceptions, there are never guarantees, but you're on average going to get a better player the higher in the draft you choose. It's just that we can only move up two picks, realistically, and it doesn't look like that will make all the difference in the world.

The ping pong balls, sadly, are meaningful. Tanking is worth it just for that, as moving up to get Ayton or Doncic really would make a difference. Tanking's other benefit is minutes for the kids, and even with the losses I'm down with that.
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18985 on: March 14, 2018, 06:51:24 PM »

Perry made the Frank N pick look bad by trading for Mud.  He didn't have to do that.  Just start Frank.  

BUT Perry wants to "make his mark" and we get this one-step forward two-steps back BS with moving Frank off the ball.

This a zero sum game. Perry wants MUD to become the man here (which makes Frank trade bait and hurts his trade value at the same time).

Mud failing is not in Perry's interest so they will force feed Mud PG minutes at the expense of Frank.

By the same token Perry knows he already gets no credit for KP and if Frank turns out great he won't get credit for him either.

Perry is just another carpetbagging asshole trying to make a name for himself in new york.  FUCK SCOTT PERRY.

Frank's development had already taken a huge hit bringing in Burke and then Mud to play the same role "Young future PG"

That was Franks role at the start of the year and at 19 years of age you don't mess with the kid like that.

Perry gets a big fat F so far from me.

Trading a shooter in a shooters league for a guy who can't shoot. Brilliant!

said with precision and insight.

High fived with groggy predictability.  

A shooter's league?

Something to be said for that, certainly.  

Not that we have a surfeit of...anything reembling top tier talent with KP down, and Hardaway still finding his sea legs.  

However, I was under the mistaken impression that it was a point guard's league.

And the Knicks a team without ambulatory/effective point guards

Your defense of a first year Knicks GM just as predictable.  You usually come around to my way of thinking you just need more time.

see Walsh, D

We had a PG!  We had two!   Frank and Burke.  We didn't need another mouth to feed at the position of presumptive PG of the future.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18986 on: March 14, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »

2 fewer W's and the Knix would be right in the mix for a high pick.

3 - 0 vs Brooklyn ... disgusting

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18987 on: March 14, 2018, 07:03:17 PM »

I feel for the Mets-Knicks-Jets fans.

So glad i picked the better organizations (tho i begain following NYY when they sucked during the Mets glory years .. not a front running yankee fan #STEVESAX)

And of course NY Football Giants > AFC East Teams

-Dave Attell
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18988 on: March 14, 2018, 07:18:24 PM »

Perry made the Frank N pick look bad by trading for Mud.  He didn't have to do that.  Just start Frank.  

BUT Perry wants to "make his mark" and we get this one-step forward two-steps back BS with moving Frank off the ball.

This a zero sum game. Perry wants MUD to become the man here (which makes Frank trade bait and hurts his trade value at the same time).

Mud failing is not in Perry's interest so they will force feed Mud PG minutes at the expense of Frank.

By the same token Perry knows he already gets no credit for KP and if Frank turns out great he won't get credit for him either.

Perry is just another carpetbagging asshole trying to make a name for himself in new york.  FUCK SCOTT PERRY.

Frank's development had already taken a huge hit bringing in Burke and then Mud to play the same role "Young future PG"

That was Franks role at the start of the year and at 19 years of age you don't mess with the kid like that.

Perry gets a big fat F so far from me.

Trading a shooter in a shooters league for a guy who can't shoot. Brilliant!

said with precision and insight.

High fived with groggy predictability.  

A shooter's league?

Something to be said for that, certainly.  

Not that we have a surfeit of...anything reembling top tier talent with KP down, and Hardaway still finding his sea legs.  

However, I was under the mistaken impression that it was a point guard's league.

And the Knicks a team without ambulatory/effective point guards

Your defense of a first year Knicks GM just as predictable.  You usually come around to my way of thinking you just need more time.

see Walsh, D

We had a PG!  We had two!   Frank and Burke.  We didn't need another mouth to feed at the position of presumptive PG of the future.

Grin

Donnie!

PS: It's a PG League
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18989 on: March 14, 2018, 08:12:38 PM »

I don't know, compared to the useless pine bros. and exorbitantly overpriced third tier talent brought in over the past two decades muddy, Burke, Beast, and Williams have been revelations. Relax and enjoy a tank-rebuild year. Ron Baker, Lance Thomas, J. Jack, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee; give me a break. I am up in the air on Franc. On one hand he is just a teenie and does show some defensive skills but on the con side he has to learn to get the shot off quicker and penetrate; not a sure thing.

Franc plays "the right way"  meaning he isn't some AAU kid who came in here planning to jack shots.  He is 19 and from europe... the selfish ME ME ME gene hasn't been implanted in him.  I really expect KP to take the kid under his wing this summer.  He can help with the mindset.

-Dave Attell
Pages: 1 ... 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 ... 1442
  Print  

Jump to: