Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899552 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11595 on: March 28, 2020, 06:07:52 PM »

Fearless forecast

EDWARDS has some LeBron in him.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: March 28, 2020, 09:59:42 PM »

Like Sarah Silverman, I'm a Ball man.
After that Ty Haliburton.
From there, uh, maybe Okongwu or the Israeli kid (I've seen neither).
Really we should get a nice player.

What's the lowest spot we could end up with?
9th?  7th and 8th our most likely slot?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: March 28, 2020, 10:17:55 PM »

Knicks say owner Jim Dolan has tested positive for coronavirus and is in self-isolation. He’s experiencing little to no symptoms and continues to oversee business operations.

and since he has little or no symptoms,  he basically stole a test from the health care worker or police officer who needed it..'lil bitch...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: March 29, 2020, 01:40:12 AM »

Bo, if you get the YouTube’s where you’re at, check out Toppin both cause Dayton was really fun this year and I’d like to hear how Toppin does for you vis-a-vis the eye test.

The article was nice to Ball. He has a nice package to build on and if he’s survived Dad, he can probably hand the weeble and wobble of Berman and Dolan and their influence on the life of the team.

I like Deni, Toppin, Okongwu as guys to plug right in. Deni to start as SF on day 1.

I hear beefs about Toppin’s D, some about reaction time (slow hips, high stance a la Amare) more or less offset by smarts and anticipation that lets him get on and off ball blocks and make spectacular passing lane plays. He’ll need to work on his lower body and stance a lot to reach his potential. The more concrete beef is that at 6’9” 220-225, he gets bullied by real size centers. I don’t see us asking him to do that unless he at some point packs on some weight to his core and thighs.

Offensively he’s kind of an Amare-Tatum hybrid on the college level. The guy plays with energy & feel and he gets buckets.

Okongwu is an advanced and mobile player for his size who just needs to get his 3 stroke on to be a solid long term starter. Unlike anyone on our team but Mitch he can rim protect. Unlike Mitch, he can score on the move from a bunch of spots letting him either give a different look at center or form a super defensive interior by playing him with Mitch.

In Deni you’re getting a Multitool SF. 

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: March 29, 2020, 08:21:20 AM »

I'll try to tune in when I can.
As ridiculous as it sounds, I won't have a working proxy server that gets me to youtube until the new month starts.  China really starting killing my old free proxy server back in October, and I've used other half-ass proxies since then.  I really need to just pay for a more reliable proxy server.

The thing about Amare was he relentlessly put pressure on the rim.  He was going to go over or around folks and try to jam everything.  He was bouncy as hell.
Toppin looks thin in the legs and a little awkward in the still photos I've seen.
Also is 22.  And a poor defender.  If he is equal to John Collins, I'm interested.  But we don't need another bad defender really.

Haven't seen him yet ...

Here's another mock draft, this one from nbc.com:
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mock-draft-2-182504378.html
Has medium length write-ups.
Never heard of the writer.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: March 29, 2020, 12:06:10 PM »

Says Edwards shot just 28% from deep

LeBron was at 29% his first NBA season.

Envisioning what a 1-3 of (free agent), Edwards, Barrett would look like.  We could gte good in a hurry.  Of course the model with Ball is similar but I think LaMelo dominates the basketball - and unless he got real good real fast at the NBA level we could struggle out of the chute.

Trade up for EDWARDS, with BALL as second choice.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: March 29, 2020, 01:02:23 PM »

I haven't seen anyone with Edwards as a PG.
You usually pay a real premium to trade up to #1 (it rarely happens),a nd this doesn't seem like the draft to do it in.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: March 29, 2020, 04:36:40 PM »

Edwards and Barrett at the wings wouldn’t be bad at all. Gives Frank some quality scorers to set up.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: March 29, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »

I'll try to tune in when I can.
As ridiculous as it sounds, I won't have a working proxy server that gets me to youtube until the new month starts.  China really starting killing my old free proxy server back in October, and I've used other half-ass proxies since then.  I really need to just pay for a more reliable proxy server.

The thing about Amare was he relentlessly put pressure on the rim.  He was going to go over or around folks and try to jam everything.  He was bouncy as hell.
Toppin looks thin in the legs and a little awkward in the still photos I've seen.
Also is 22.  And a poor defender.  If he is equal to John Collins, I'm interested.  But we don't need another bad defender really.

Haven't seen him yet ...

Here's another mock draft, this one from nbc.com:
https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nba-mock-draft-2-182504378.html
Has medium length write-ups.
Never heard of the writer.

Thanks for the Mock, Bo.

It sounds like Saddiq Bey out of Nova should also be on the radar.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: March 29, 2020, 06:06:01 PM »

I don't see Bey dropping to mid 20s.  But we'll see. Didnt get a chance to see Nova this year.  Can we see him taking Knox's minutes?  I think I'd prefer a point if we took a wing or big early
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 06:08:12 PM by kiidcarter8 »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Stephon!
« Reply #11605 on: March 29, 2020, 10:49:41 PM »

Marbury wants to send 10 mil masks to New York. Good for him!!!

Stephon for President!!! ... of MSG
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: March 29, 2020, 10:55:44 PM »

He’s the third or fourth SF, depending on how you see Edwards. I’d say Edwards is a SG so Bey is third behind Deni and the kid from Auburn based on Hype.

It depends on how much teams like guys like RJ Hampton and Ty Halliburton along with some of those 6’10” centers who seem to shoot & put it on the floor somewhat. Bey seems out of the lottery, but gone in the strata between that and our second pick.

Ball & Bey would be a pretty good round 1. If packing the LAC pick with the second rounder gets it done, is that good enough for an entire draft?

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Stephon!
« Reply #11607 on: March 30, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »

Marbury wants to send 10 mil masks to New York. Good for him!!!

Stephon for President!!! ... of MSG

Keep us posted if he follows through

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: March 30, 2020, 02:02:01 PM »

Ball & Bey would be a pretty good round 1. If packing the LAC pick with the second rounder gets it done, is that good enough for an entire draft?

Yeah, I would think so - if Bey is the guy they are specifically targeting.  May take future considerations or a player as well.

How much value do Frank and Kevin and Dennis and even Iggy have in deal, I wonder - and where is Leon's mind at with regards to the duo (would he just listen to the current advisors)?

Iggy - the forgotten man - would love to see a Summer League and his progress off these Westchester stats:

20.1  ppg
7.1   rpg
3.0   apg

50/34/60  shooting

24 games

33minutes per

Nice assortment here - dishing and swishing.  Look for the Eurostep to the off right hand  (4th video 24/14 game)

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1629649/
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:28:01 PM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: March 30, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »

Ball or Ty Halibut for the first pick.

Then Bey or Vassell would be nice at #25,
Both are good shooters.  Which is what we need.
Bey might be gone, Vassell seems right in our range (so far).
Good size for an SG.

We could really improve our backcourt if we got Ball/Vassell.
Or Ty/Vassell

Another route could be taking the Israeli all-around wing and then adding Tre Jones or another G with the later pick.
Seems to backfire on us when we take a late round PG (Jerian Grant, Toney D, Frankie the Fly, Mardy Collins)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:52:46 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 772 773 [774] 775 776 ... 1844