Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335]

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 83105 times)

bodiddley

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 877
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5010 on: Today at 12:56:15 PM »

Kyrie ain't no leader.
Kyrie like to do it himself.
Kyrie play bad D.
Logged

Jack Straw

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5011 on: Today at 01:39:51 PM »

another RIP, aging beats the only other option.....  https://twitter.com/NY_KnicksPR/status/1110231390526820354 
Logged

thebizneverloses

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 281
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5012 on: Today at 02:01:26 PM »

Then of course there is Gonzaga's Hachimura and his rising teammate Brandon Clarke

Give me Clarke over Rui.
Logged

carlos123

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
  • I WANT STEEL SLATS AND A BIG HAMBERDER
    • View Profile
Re: Boston & NY
« Reply #5013 on: Today at 02:11:09 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.



Carlos-Not sure KO is the answer to what ails the Celts. They have massively underperformed so far this year. And IMO the responsibility flows from Ainge to Brad to what is a very deep and talented team playing well below their talents. Times running out for them to get their shit together.

Well, I don’t know how Ainge and Brad can go from tops in the NBA to running an underperforming team which played much better as a team with the same coach before they brought in new talent, such as KI and Hayward. Maybe the new talent doesn’t fit with the system or the remaining players. Maybe they miss some of the talent they let go.
Logged

Nagel

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5014 on: Today at 02:52:52 PM »

NY has  a 14 % chance of landing a top free agent and a 14% chance off landing Zion.  in other words .  86% we are looking at 50 plus L's again. year 7 out of the playoffs coming up.

just when we really suck the NBA changes the lottery.  I call this Dolan's Karma.

PS.. 

How many years before Robinson or knox are legit NBA players?  4? 5?

OK then  add in 5 lottery picks and we will be OK in  2023.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:57:59 PM by Nagel »
Logged

Kam

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1035
  • '77er
    • View Profile
So you're saying
« Reply #5015 on: Today at 03:05:21 PM »

We can only go up from here.

The eternal Optimist.   The Glass is 1/14 full he says!
Logged
Kevin Knox iz the Rim-Rockin' Knickabocka

Kam

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1035
  • '77er
    • View Profile
Ntilikina
« Reply #5016 on: Today at 03:12:41 PM »

I am confident in Frank.  He seems like with his skills and youth and professionalism he will carve out a home in the NBA.  Not unlike Trevor Ariza.

But i'm confident also in calling it what it is   a bust.   A bad decision that set the franchise back.


Just need to admit it.  Now decide if we keep Frank or give him a change of scenery.  He deserves a clean slate and he won't get it here as a "Phil" guy.
Logged
Kevin Knox iz the Rim-Rockin' Knickabocka

bankshot1

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1230
    • View Profile
Re: Boston & NY
« Reply #5017 on: Today at 04:18:47 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.



Carlos-Not sure KO is the answer to what ails the Celts. They have massively underperformed so far this year. And IMO the responsibility flows from Ainge to Brad to what is a very deep and talented team playing well below their talents. Times running out for them to get their shit together.

Well, I don’t know how Ainge and Brad can go from tops in the NBA to running an underperforming team which played much better as a team with the same coach before they brought in new talent, such as KI and Hayward. Maybe the new talent doesn’t fit with the system or the remaining players. Maybe they miss some of the talent they let go.

I think there were too many factors to lay the blame disproportionately on any one GM, coach, super-star or role player.  And I would not materially rethink Ainge or Brad's strengths. IMO they're both very good at what they do. short answer I think ultimately the Celts are too deep (Ainge's fault?) for their own good, and Brad struggled with trying to keep eveyone happy, and he couldn't. IMO in general they played their best ball when Baynes, one of their least gifted players, and a guy who does not need the ball, was on the court.
Logged

facilitatorn

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1340
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5018 on: Today at 04:20:46 PM »

If we’re talking about not taking Donavan Mitchell instead, of course you’re right. His career has been much more fruitful than Frank’s so far.

Moving Frank just to move on from Frank is plain stupid. If moving on from Frank is part of the price of acquiring someone specific who is substantially better, then it would make sense to move on from Frank. Otherwise let him work for another summer and see what you have.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335]