Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899867 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11760 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:10 PM »

So Brock Aller is the guy who told the Cavs that offering Thompson and Love the contracts that they did would be a terrible idea? Glad he’s not in charge of our draft.

Aller, who has been with the Cavaliers since 2014 as a capologist, will have a broader role with the Knicks.
He is a financial maven coming in during a financial crisis. NBA teams face a revenue stream that has dried up completely.

NBA sources believe teams will tighten their belts on the size of front-office staffs.
Sources have indicated Aller will look to reconfigure and even streamline the Knicks’ massive scouting/basketball operations department.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:32 PM »

Leon Rose will make the picks.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: April 24, 2020, 01:33:43 PM »

Sure, but whose input will he get.  And more importantly in future years if the scouting dept gets chopped.

DeRozan makes zero sense for these Knix.
We need 3-point shooting, ballhandling, passing, D.
Don't need another 2-point shooter who likes to get to the rim.

And he'd totally be in RJB's way.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: April 24, 2020, 03:10:39 PM »

Sure, but whose input will he get. 

Everyone's

I would guess 3-4 player names would be brought up - there would be ample discussion - trades would be considered - then Leon chooses.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: April 24, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

Nothing wrong with Demarr with Barrett - but I am also not sure where the hell this idea even comes from.

I will comment further only if there is any smidgen of credibility to the possible move.

chipstern

• View Profile
Same Old Knicks Fans
« Reply #11765 on: April 24, 2020, 03:25:09 PM »

DeMar Derozan turns 31 in August.

A very good player, and not past his prime...

But

BUT

We have RJ Barrett. 

We are presumably going to keep Reggie Bullock. 

We MIGHT keep Damyean Dotson. 

I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?

And I love Chris Paul, but I am already on record as saying, NO.  He is still a great player, unquestionably,

Chris Paul is very tempting, not just for his epic, still formidable skill set, but for this YARD DOG Attitude, which would benefit any team, as it did the Thunder this past season.

But I would submit that the Thunder had a more advanced, mature roster, and an coherent system in place.

Also, his contract essentially takes away all of our cap flexibility, either for other free agents or for trades, and cap flex was basically our only real takeaway from the Porzingis trade, besides the two late first rounders we will glom from Dallas. 

Assuming we picked up all options, the numbers work straight up for Julius Randle, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton. 

Of course, then we have essentially gutted our front court to get a lead guard with whom exactly to pass to? 

We could address PG in the draft or with Fred Van Vleet in Free Agency. 

But concocting trades as I have seem promoted for the likes of Kevin Love, DeRozan, Paul make no sense given the youthful core of our roster.

We tried the veterans route this past season, and the youth must be served the season before. 

A lot depends on whether Miller or Thibs is our coach going forward...if the latter, will Thibs make a gesture in the direction of the new analytics, will he play youth, will he create a rotation beyond his accustomed 8-man squad, with heavy 35-plus minutes going forward. 

I recognize that given my rose colored and intemperate past, I have little cred, but I am of a mind moving forward to make a run at Van Vleet, and depending on draft position, take the best available talent, and not reach for a PG at all costs. 

Anyway, happy isolation Knicks fans. Who knows if we will even have a Yankees, Giants, Knicks season. 

chipstern

• View Profile
To Dream The Impossible Dream
« Reply #11766 on: April 24, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

OK

Take this notion with, not a grain of salt, but an ocean of sea salt. 

Anthony Davis's Los Angeles just went up for sale. 

He would seem to have found a very nice niche in LA, with or without LeBron. 

Anyway, I am going to put some lotion on my Johnson, take out some Kleenex, and imagine an alternative universe where Julius Randle returns us some assets/cap space, and Anthony Davis plays power forward next to his home boy Mitchell Robinson. 

THAT WOULD BE A MONEY SHOT. 

PS: Kiid, why would be draft Edwards, as talented as he is, with Barrett.  I am kind of intrigued by the all-around game of Tyrese Haliburton among the available PGs, though Ball and Anthony and the French kid Killian Hayes all have some upside, though we might be a tad gun shy about the French kid at this point...Ball shapes up as a great facilitator but with questions about his defense and his jumper, while Anthony shapes up as an offensive fireplug, but with questions as to his skills as a facilitator.  WHO THE FUCK KNOWS.  Irrespective of our ultimate lottery position, this draft is such a crap shoot.  Okongwu and Wiseman beckon among Uber-Bigs, though how would that impact Mitchell...do they have skills that would translate to the 4?  Then there are PF Toppin and SF Vidja to be heard from, and how MIGHT they fit, and in what way would that impact Brazdeikis and Knox and Harkless and two-way contracter Kenny Wooten, not to mention our present commitment to Randle, the latter having made strides at better figuring out the team game and finding his jumper at season's end. 

PPS: I would venture that presently only Mitchel Robinson and RJ Barrett are untouchables. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 03:43:36 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: April 24, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »

We have RJ Barrett.

We are presumably going to keep Reggie Bullock.

We MIGHT keep Damyean Dotson.

I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?

Degrees

Knicks need a bucket filler - period.

And dont make me keep reminding you Barrett is a perfect 3.

DAMN - got sucked in - I said I wouldn't comment further on DDR

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: April 24, 2020, 03:47:52 PM »

"Ball has some upside"

heh

Twas a long rant, Chip

First off - dont figure guys like Iggy and Dot and even Bullock when deciding who to go after in FA/trade/draft.  Think TIERS - then let the others fall in.

As far as point guards go I see you have joined the Haliburton brigade.

I will trust management.  And I know they favor Ball and Anthony.  Should everyone be gone when we pick - God help us.  But yes, I still like 2 bigs.  Vernon Carey and Precious Achiuwa.

Edwards?Like I said - has some LeBron in him.  Could be a real do it all beast.  Are we dealing up to 1 for that?  I doubt it - but I like him fine at that spot.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 03:53:07 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: April 24, 2020, 03:55:17 PM »

Yeah - I had earlier agreed with you on the 2 untouchables.  I think I added a re-signed Harkless to form a 3-man core. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: April 24, 2020, 05:52:09 PM »

I like Precious as well. It will take some time to smooth out his game.

Okongwu has the goods to play PF. He can really defend in space and has a workable jumper that he used more as a HS senior than as a college freshman.

Maxey is going to be better at doing Anthony things than Cole Anthony, if that’s what you want.

Who is the bigger defensive risk, Ball or Toppin?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: April 24, 2020, 06:57:54 PM »

I get Austin Rivers vibes from Cole Anthony.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: April 24, 2020, 07:31:57 PM »

Austin is 6’4” and is switchable somewhat down to SFs. You can’t play Cole that way. Getting an Austin Rivers where some team will probably draft Cole would be excellent value, unless he gets picked up in the Lottery. Offensively I see a basis for comparison.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: April 24, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »

Nah, man - Cole much more of an offensive force.  Just more dynamic.

Great talent.

Yeah, I'll take him in NY.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: April 24, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »

One 4/20 mock update

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

If it goes down this way give me Anthony at 6, yes

Then at 25, a big

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/udoka-azubuike/
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 1844