Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900079 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #11835 on: April 29, 2020, 04:09:47 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #11836 on: April 29, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: April 29, 2020, 06:25:54 PM »

Ok. I’ll give you something real to talk about instead,

http://knickerblogger.net/ny-post-scott-perry-keeping-knicks-gm-job-under-leon-rose/

I like it. Hoping they keep Miller and his staff on the same principle.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Not exactly a ringing endorsement
« Reply #11838 on: April 29, 2020, 07:49:53 PM »

1 year deal.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: April 29, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »

Makes sense. He holds plenty of Knicks information

And wont be the decision maker anyway.

chipstern

• View Profile
Lauri Markkanen
« Reply #11840 on: April 29, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »

Ok. I’ll give you something real to talk about instead,

http://knickerblogger.net/ny-post-scott-perry-keeping-knicks-gm-job-under-leon-rose/

I like it. Hoping they keep Miller and his staff on the same principle.

I like the idea of Thibs, but it makes some sense.  Miller did a pretty good job and is low maintenance. 

Some continuity moving forward.

And hopefully baby steps in our collective development, instead of lurching from Plan Z to Plan Pee and back.

Some of the "trade" scenarios I've seen make my little head explode and all involve giving up draft picks, with which we have a very dicey history. 

Lauri Markkanen is cited as a target, and he purportedly wanted out of Chicago...but then they made some managerial changes, so who knows. 

I like the Finnish kid, and as I recall the Prophet Kiid is a fan.  A 7'0" 240 pounder...has had some injury problems and probably feels poorly used by the Bulls coaches this past year, his third.  In his sophomore year he was basically a 19-9 man. 

He is a stretch four, who is still maturing.  Going forward the Knicks need to decide if his style of game is a better fit, or Randle's more muscular style. 

In any event, in all of the trade scenarios we were were giving away the ranch. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: April 29, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »

Pretty sure I can stomach Paul and Thibodeau for now - no matter who else comes in and with the thought process that Frank and DSJ leave when the year is out.

Draft Vernon Carey, if none of the projected top 6 drop and we are at 7.
I may even like Carey at 6.
But first make the big move to get to #1 or 2 pick, keeping Barrett and Robinson out of talks and using Randle only if necessary.   (addendum:  Mitch could go in a deal if it is HUGE, if we are getting a second star for CP3.  I say this because I know he will be exceedingly expensive to keep, as I stated much earlier)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: April 30, 2020, 01:58:40 AM »

Not sure how you expect to move up from 6 or 7 to 1 or 2 without including any of our actually good assets.  Noone's giving up much for Knox, Franc, Jr. Smith, Elf.
Gotta give to get.

Otherwise C's don't make as much as they used to, due to a change in hoops style and a C glut.   And the glut means most teams don't need a C.  Plus the cap likely to come down to the 'Rona Virus.  Also, overpaying Mitch some, if necessary, isn't a bad thing since we squeezed him on the ultra-cheap for a few years.  Hell, were still paying Noah $6M and Taj more than that.  We can afford $12M - $15M for Mitch.  And if the market isn't there, we ,might get him starting at $10M, which could be another bargain.  (Though I was willing to include him in a deal for Tangelo -- we need a starting PG more than a future starting C).

Since we're likely at best a sub-40 W, marginal playoff threat, I'd start Mitch this year.  Let him take his lumps and learn to control his fouls.  Develop a rhythm and rapport with the starting unit.  RJB, Mitch and whatever rook will be our core; let Randle adapt his game around them if he wants to stick.  Obvious needs are shooting and playmaking, hopefully coming from the rook and a FA addition.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: April 30, 2020, 05:52:47 AM »

We luck into a high pick or we don’t. I also don’t mind using the 2nd rounder to up the position of the first or second pick if there’s a guy we want and the team there would be more excited to have two later picks than the one in front of them.

Okongwu is a much better player in a fast league than Carey. I agree with going big with a 6th or 7th pick, especially if Toppin and/or Okongwu are on the board.

I’d definitely test the market for Randle and intend to keep two of Randle, Taj, and Bobby and have Wooten in camp.

I’d keep Bullock and dump Ellington though it costs a Mil to say goodbye.

No calls on Dot, Trier, and Harkless till we see what offers they get, though I’d offer Moe our largest exception as a starting point, so he doesn’t just jump off somewhere else.

Wait till the last minute on Payton’s option. I don’t want him starting, but he’s worth 8 mil off the bench where his shine would outweigh his warts.

Otherwise we have developing guys on relatively short and team friendly deals.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #11844 on: April 30, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »

Bullock not Ellington
Better shooter/D/contract.

Dotson over Trier
We'll need to choose at some point.
Just seems Dot can move up to SF some, is a little more poised as a shooter, and slightly less spacey on D.  But I'd be fine going the other way and using Trier as a bench microwave guy.

Randle and not Portis.  I don't like either of their games.  Too sloppy, and weak D.
Portis easier to drop.  I'd be happy ditching both.

Taj?  Taj and Bullox can be our vets.  Drop Taj and you need another vet voice.

MoHark?  I like him, but think he's better on a team with defined roles and quality scorers.  Somewhat wasted and less effective on NYK.  So I'd like to keep him if we can make good use of him.  Doubtful.

Elf?  Most teams cheap out on backup Points.  But $8M is reasonable.  Too bad the rest of our team can't make 3's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
I want Randle gone
« Reply #11845 on: April 30, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »

Rather have Portis and his outside shot (every few games at least) than game after game of Randle's selfishness and team-killing turnovers.  Randle is too entitled as well to take all the shots.  He is in the way of true team growth.   Once a guy gets that role he will sulk too much to let go of it and it will hurt teach chemstry.  Portis doesn't have that entitlement so we risk nothing by benching Portis when his play warrants it.

MOVE ON FROM RANDLE.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:33 PM »

Not sure how you expect to move up from 6 or 7 to 1 or 2 without including any of our actually good assets.  Noone's giving up much for Knox, Franc, Jr. Smith, Elf.

picks, bad contracts......

I will formulate an example

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: April 30, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »

Just 12-15 mil for Robinson as an RFA?

We matched SEVENTEEN per for Hardaway - and that was what will be five years removed.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11848 on: April 30, 2020, 02:41:34 PM »

Randle is too entitled as well to take all the shots.  He is in the way of true team growth.[/i

Really?  How many does he take?

If Julius was a true chucker he'd likely average 28 PPG

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: April 30, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »

Payton, Knox, this year's #1, this year's second #1 (25 overall) and a future #1 (from Dallas, protected)

to WOLVES for

LAMELO BALL (3rd pick), James Johnson (16 mil, one year), this year's #2 (33 overall) and a future #2.

Wolves get the 6 pick, likely not much worse than who they'd have taken (major assumption it wouldnt have been Ball) a perimeter guy to go with Layman and Culver, a steady backup to Russell (you could play D'ANG some off guard), a boost up the board from 33 to 25 and future consideration.

Knicks get a very usable for one year JJ - their stud BALL (who may beget Brother Ball), lose the 8 slots from 25 down to 33 and a likely fungible future 1.  They also lose Knox's promise, whatever that might be.  They settle their PG logjam just a tad, as LMB likely plays there at least some, maybe more.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:04:26 PM by kiidcarter8 »
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1844