Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900350 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12015 on: May 11, 2020, 12:39:18 PM »

Such a unique player, why did Houston have to give OKC so many picks?  Russbrook for Paul straight up is what Kid would've proferred if he were posting on the OKC boards...  no extra compensation required.  He's better than any one we could sign!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
If the season really is over
« Reply #12016 on: May 11, 2020, 12:46:10 PM »

For 12 games of Marcus Morris we got the Clippers #1.   Highway Robbery!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: If the season really is over
« Reply #12017 on: May 11, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »

And that is exactly how we should be doing deals.

Kiid is always eager to see how many first round picks we can give away for the league’s Bargnanis, but since that never leads to winning and we’re all wearing masks anyway, committing highway robbery to improve the roster is the only business the Knicks should be in.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
And it really could be over
« Reply #12018 on: May 11, 2020, 01:09:39 PM »

The UFC started up again over the weekend and had to cancel one of its events because one fighter and his two cornermen tested positive.

If a 'sport' where there are so few participants required to hold an event is having to cancel matches how in the world are they going to manage in the NBA where there are at least 15 bodies on each bench? 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Another point on CP3
« Reply #12019 on: May 11, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »

If you're not too upset about the 41mil and 44mil coming to him what if the cap is reduced significantly?  How will you build a team around a player whose contract was negotiated under the existing CBA and is  already considered a bad contract.  If it's bad now, it will be positively toxic when the new salary cap is revealed.  Is the Players Association going to accept pay cuts on guaranteed contracts already in place? 

It will be better to wait for the new cap numbers and then sign players to deals based on the new market realities.   

In Brock we trust.

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Ain’t no trader Vic
« Reply #12020 on: May 11, 2020, 01:42:09 PM »

Chip, no trader Vic here, but I’d take what Fac proposed, that is Randle, Ellington and Smith for CP3 and their #1. Not that OKC would do it but, like you said, we got nothing better to do and we don’t really lose any yute in the deal.

Yes, WOULD pull the trigger on that.  And I like Randle, but you've got to give to get. 

Makes a certain amount of sense for OKC, although Ellington is something of an insult.  Would probably have to include Trier or Dotson, minimally.  Randle would give them a legit presence at the 4 which they do not presently have, and if not, only a one year commitment compared to two with Paul, so more cap space.  And Smith might very well blossom with steady sixth man minute and a less glaring spotlight.  Though Peyton would make more sense for a contender.  And to aide in Gregorious's own growth curve. 

If I were OKC, and accepting Randle AND Ellington and Smith, I would not be enthusiastic about giving up any of my #1s, save for a late first rounder at best, so, another Clipper pick.  Even then, straight up without the #1, yes, I would still pull the trigger on that, because, Paul would still have Barrett, Knox, Nitilikina, Barzdeikis, Wooten, Robinson and two #1 picks and a #2 from Charlotte to mentor, including presumably another PG/Combo guard, + possibly Kadeem Allen. 

THAT
Makes
Sense

Otherwise, to hell with it. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Re: Another point on CP3
« Reply #12021 on: May 11, 2020, 01:46:29 PM »

If you're not too upset about the 41mil and 44mil coming to him what if the cap is reduced significantly?  How will you build a team around a player whose contract was negotiated under the existing CBA and is  already considered a bad contract.  If it's bad now, it will be positively toxic when the new salary cap is revealed.  Is the Players Association going to accept pay cuts on guaranteed contracts already in place? 

It will be better to wait for the new cap numbers and then sign players to deals based on the new market realities.   

In Brock we trust.

Agree.  Totally.

With the caveat that if God forbid the Thunder would accept Randle, Ellington and Smith for Paul, then that could arguably justify eviscerating our cap space for two years while we build a core of puppies. 

And yes, stealing in trades should be our business, not selling our first born for a bag odf magic beans and Jerome James. 

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
New CBA
« Reply #12022 on: May 11, 2020, 02:09:35 PM »

That’s why they have to give us their unprotected #1.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: May 11, 2020, 02:12:23 PM »

Such a unique player, why did Houston have to give OKC so many picks?  Russbrook for Paul straight up is what Kid would've proferred if he were posting on the OKC boards...  no extra compensation required.  He's better than any one we could sign!

It was time for a change in HOU

Losing 4 of 5 years in playoffs to Warriors...(5th year was to Spurs}

funny that the year GS was to not be in the playoffs the Paul led Rockets were no more

The picks will not amount to much.  2 of the years of the 4 are right to swap.  Russ 3 years younger and contract runs an extra year

Good deal?  I dont know - but Rockets had to do something.  For OKC - same.  3 straight first round ousters.....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: If the season really is over
« Reply #12024 on: May 11, 2020, 02:15:31 PM »

Will it be Charlie Ward level or Jerian Grant?  Crapshhot.  Clips spit at the cost - but of course for desperate Knicks any pick is a lifeline

Now - use some assets and the 27 to move up for a DESIRED player - and you have something real.  Minimal asset garnered for Morris.  Use with other assets, if possible.  OR the roll of the dice it is.

We all stay tuned for it to play out
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:21:37 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: And it really could be over
« Reply #12025 on: May 11, 2020, 02:17:14 PM »

The UFC started up again over the weekend and had to cancel one of its events because one fighter and his two cornermen tested positive.

If a 'sport' where there are so few participants required to hold an event is having to cancel matches how in the world are they going to manage in the NBA where there are at least 15 bodies on each bench?

testing

like UFC did

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: May 11, 2020, 02:37:51 PM »

Last ten #27 picks

Jordan Crawford
JuJuan Johnson
Arnett Moultrie
RUDY GOBERT
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Larry Nance Jr
PASCAL SIAKAM
Kyle Kuzma
Robert Williams
Mfiondu Kebengele

Not too bad....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: May 11, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

I think you all forget OKC was 40-24 this year.

Dealing Chris Paul is not at the forefront of their thinking.  Has to be an excellent deal.

More likely to a Miami or a Utah than a new York.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Another point on CP3
« Reply #12028 on: May 11, 2020, 02:55:27 PM »

With the caveat that if God forbid the Thunder would accept Randle, Ellington and Smith for Paul, then that could arguably justify eviscerating our cap space for two years while we build a core of puppies. 

Could justify but EVEN with your caveat I'm not so sure i would do it.  If the cap drops from say 110mil to 90mil then that 44mil on the final year would represent half the cap.  Would need assurances that salaries could get deferred and count maybe 50% against the cap so we could still build through free agency in the summer of 2021.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: May 11, 2020, 02:57:25 PM »

Chip, It’s ok to have an expensive roster. Teams do it all the time.

—————
It would be a very bad idea to try and start up the NBA again until the 2020-2021 season dates roll around. I think the league knows any earlier plans are nuts, they’re just not ready to say it out loud yet.
—————
As for the price of Paul,

We’re looking at two years beyond the current year where Paul by himself would be keeping us at the cap and our available roster building tools would be picks, exceptions, min salary FAs, and extending young players showing promise when their deals come up.

If after this year and next, Paul wants some veteran help, he can decline his option and take a smaller deal or split his money over two years. If not we maintain the steady development plan.

We don’t have Dotson or Trier to offer OKC. I could see them wanting Payton over Smith. With Paul and Frank on board, I’m ok with losing Payton and keeping Smith to possibly use in a later deal while hoping he puts it together under the tutelage of Paul.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1844