Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 914292 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12060 on: May 17, 2020, 02:02:58 AM »

I like it.  Gotta take advantage of Dolan's willingness to spend.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Sweet dreams
« Reply #12061 on: May 17, 2020, 02:14:58 AM »

Scuttlebutt has Indiana ready to shed a bit of salary. Their owner is in malls and is therefore looking to economize generally. This is understood to include his basketball team.

My proposal is Randle, Knox, and Smith for TJ Warren, and Victor Oladipo. We’d give them the Clippers pick, the protected Dallas pick and a second rounder somewhere.

We’d have

Mitch Taj
Warren Bobby
Barrett Bullock Ignas
Oladipo Ellington
Frank Payton

We’d get the lotto pick and start free agency with 5 guys we could stuff off for 41 million more in space.

It hurts them on my he floor in the short term, but gets them future assets and lots of flexibility with the player salaries they take back.

That would be great Fac, nothing wrong with a sweet Saturday dream.

Now, how about all of our dreck plus Dolan for Luka Doncic and Cuban? We might as well dream big😁
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: May 17, 2020, 02:37:08 AM »

yeah... good one.  2 excellent players for picks in the 20s

sure - they will bite

Warren has one of the ten best team friendly contracts in the NBA

Victor at 1 year 21 mil also a bargain.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:36:58 AM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: May 17, 2020, 02:38:20 PM »

While we have financial strength and a willingness to spend some money, those are the deals we should be looking to make. We relieve teams of some of their financial obligations to players for the rights to that talent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: May 17, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »

Bright one

Indiana wishes to compete for a Finals slot - and are nowhere near in cap trouble.

Even OKC dealing Paul is sketchy.

Teams are taking ON players, not dumping them (see Wiggins to GS, etc)

The big story is the JAZZ, who may very well need to break up with Rudy Gobert for reasons unrelated to competition.  Wanna load them with picks?  Sure - let's hear the deal.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: May 17, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »

Scuttlebutt has Indiana ready to shed a bit of salary. Their owner is in malls and is therefore looking to economize generally. This is understood to include his basketball team.

My proposal is Randle, Knox, and Smith for TJ Warren, and Victor Oladipo. We’d give them the Clippers pick, the protected Dallas pick and a second rounder somewhere.

We’d have

Mitch Taj
Warren Bobby
Barrett Bullock Ignas
Oladipo Ellington
Frank Payton

We’d get the lotto pick and start free agency with 5 guys we could stuff off for 41 million more in space.

It hurts them on my he floor in the short term, but gets them future assets and lots of flexibility with the player salaries they take back.

So....

You're projecting TJ as a PF?

And rolling the dice on the quite wonderful VO, PLUS TWO #1 picks (naturally) in the long honored Knicks tradition of overpaying for top tier talents after they have suffered crippling injuries, such as McDyess and Penny. 

All predicated on Indy wanting/needing to get ride of salaries rather than making a run at the EC Finals. 

SIGH. 

Hoping all is well with you and your family. 

chipstern

• View Profile
Meanwhile
« Reply #12066 on: May 18, 2020, 12:58:45 PM »

Have been sheltering with my daughter's family since March 18, when my son-in-law drove 19 hours round trip to get me out of NYC...just as things went bonkers. 

Been 20 minutes southwest of Charlotte ever since. 

Binge watching DEADWOOD, UNOROTHODOX, Ken Burns VIETNAM...down to the home stretch in MAD MEN. 

Last night before turning in I found a rerun of Game 3 of the 1993 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals between the Knicks and the Hornets.  THAT WAS FUN. 

Ewing, Oakley, Smith, Mason, Rivers, Starks
Mourning, LJ, Mugsy, Curry, Wingate, Gill, Johnny Newman

A healthy LJ in his second season, the Knicks at their league leading defensive peak under Padre Riles.  An epic playoff game between two tenacious, evenly matched teams. 

They went into overtime but it was time for me to turn in...Charlotte prevailed in OT.  Knicks won the series 4-1. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:02:44 PM by chipstern »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: May 18, 2020, 02:35:01 PM »

Reminding me, Chip - that after giving three playoff seasons to the New York Knickerbockers - and at the ripe old age of 26 - we let J NEW sign with the Hornets.

Oy.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: May 18, 2020, 09:06:38 PM »

Reminding me, Chip - that after giving three playoff seasons to the New York Knickerbockers - and at the ripe old age of 26 - we let J NEW sign with the Hornets.

Oy.

Hhe.

There have been countless OY Moments over the years. 

Just spent an hour and a half catching up with FWK on the phone and we shared many a lost moment. 

FWK, like Nagel, bemoans the fact that as we advance deeper into the autumn of our journey, there do not appear to be any Knicks championships on the event horizon. 

I'd settle for a good competitive team where we play defense, the ball moves around the horn, no hero ball dribbling into a triple team. 

Oh

AND NOT MAKE STUPID TRADES where we give up on some a year or two too soon, and watch them blossom for other teams, and toss in a bunch of #1 picks for good measure, if not out and out lottery picks (Like the pair of #1s and #2s from the Curry trade that turned into LaMarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah). 

Johnny Newman being one inexplicable. 

Rod Strickland another. 

You probably don't agree, but I would surely count Trevor Ariza in there....should have grown old as our defensive ace, three point shooting plug and play, like Bruce Bowen for the Spurs. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: May 19, 2020, 12:20:20 AM »

AND NOT MAKE STUPID TRADES where we give up on some a year or two too soon, and watch them blossom for other teams, and toss in a bunch of #1 picks for good measure, if not out and out lottery picks (Like the pair of #1s and #2s from the Curry trade that turned into LaMarcus Aldridge and Joakim Noah).

yeah - we may have blown the picks anyway (like if we didnt pick Weis we would not have definitely taken Artest) - and it should be noted there were no pick protections back then.

Knicks had every reason to think theyd be picking lower those years.

You have to OWN not dealing Frank and Knox, you know.  Not giving you a pass on that later on.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: May 19, 2020, 12:24:28 AM »

But I do agree that trading Galinari and the picks that became Dario Saric and Jamal Murray to get Melo was idiotic..  Didnt you like that deal?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: May 19, 2020, 12:54:52 AM »

Hoped for the best when it happened, but hated the deal. Hated it more when Melo refused to attempt to become a Kobe or a Michael, at least on offense when he was given the chance to try, after taking a fucking extension.

The Curry trade was worse. At least Melo got us the long toothed assassin gang that crashed badly on Mt. Hibbert, so close to the summit. Curry never found big boy pants at all as a basketball player.

We signed a Jazz guy as a new Assistant GM. The Jazz have drafted well & he gets some cred for that. He’s also worked with Perry somewhere before.

The Big3 have packed in their season this year. Looking to kick it off again in 2021.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: May 19, 2020, 01:00:02 AM »

Good trivia on Ariza - he has played the third most games of any player drafted in 2004, having been selected 43rd.

Just Dwight Howard and Andre Iguodola ahead of him

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: May 19, 2020, 12:44:44 PM »

But I do agree that trading Galinari and the picks that became Dario Saric and Jamal Murray to get Melo was idiotic..  Didnt you like that deal?

I FUCKING DID NOT. 

I hated the Carmelo Trade, and was violently opposed, even though I came to respect Melo's play.

Of course we traded away so many fucking assets and draft picks, we were never able to build a team about him, which is on MELO, as he wanted his money RIGHT NOW, when he could've signed as a free agent that coming summer. 

We gave up TWO #1 picks and TWO #2 picks, not to mention Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov (I was roundly mocked for decrying tossing him in, and while he didn't pan out due to injuries and the changing NBA, he proved a valuable asset in future trades). 

We gave up TWO #1 picks and TWO #2 picks to get Curry, like wise to get Marbury.  ALL LOTTERY PICKS. 

We gave up two lottery picks to get Gerald Henderson and Juuwan Oldham.

And I will happily own NOT TRADING KEVIN AND FRANK. 
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1848