Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899516 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12105 on: May 20, 2020, 04:22:54 PM »

I'd certainly be investigating Knox's work habits and dedication.  We might want to move him before he has little value.  And if we draft a wing, then Knox is confined to backup status, with RJB the other starting wing. 

I'd prefer starting Knox a good deal next season (or if this one continues), to see what he can do.  Knox has an NBA body, but rarely uses it as such.  The way he takes it to the rack is oddly uninspired, as he makes himself smaller and opens himself up to getting blocked.  Might just be whether he can get his 3-ball to drop enough, to open up some fakes and driving lanes, and just boost his confidence level in general.  KK seems one of those players who gets down on himself.

He's still a pup, but right now there isn't anything he does well.  Every now and then he shows flashes, like popping in a 3 or driving for a dunk.  But such highlights are fairly rare.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: May 20, 2020, 04:38:02 PM »

Knox, Ntilikina, and two #1s for you choice of today's modern star. (Booker, Young, insertnamehere)

uhhhhhh.........

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »

Knox, Ntilikina, and two #1s for you choice of today's modern star. (Booker, Young, insertnamehere)

uhhhhhh.........

KAT!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: May 20, 2020, 06:23:25 PM »

Minny doesn’t do that, but

Mitch
KAT
Bullock
RJ
Payton

Might get 40 wins in the East...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: May 20, 2020, 11:59:51 PM »

Towns

Gobert is the realistic target

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12110 on: May 21, 2020, 03:01:25 AM »

uhhhhhh.........

I don't think that package gets you any young star, let alone KAT.
But you did say my choice.

Frank & Knox aren't garbage, but their value isn't much right now.  Two young guys who are trying to develop an NBA game before their rook contract is up.  They are small-time sweeteners.  The two #1's have appeal, but we're likely talking picks around #7.  They'd probably need to be unprotected, which teams hate to deal away.

My point is that you're not giving the trade partner even one starter, just a bunch of yute maybes.  You're not getting much that way.

If you want to make a deal and get a star, you likely have to give up Mitch and/or Randle (many teams won't want him due to his limitations and salary, especially his uni-positionality).  Elf is also an asset.  So is RJB, but his value to us is probably greater than for another team, and ideally you'd want to pair the new young stud with RJB.

I doubt the Knix have enough decent assets to get a young star.  Be a shame to move Mitch, but I was willing to do it in a Tangelo trade.  And Mitch would be expendable in a Gobert deal.

Knix just are not in good shape.
RJB & Mitch are all we really have.  Either could become legit or remain a borderline starter. 

It would really help if one of Knox, Franc, Jr. Smith found an NBA game.  But I think that's likely years away if at all.  None project as a starter now or for probably the whole of their next contract.

If ELF developed a reliable 3-ball he could be a solid PG starter.
If Portis could get his head together, he could become an average starter (maybe).

I still think all Knix will look better with a legit PG starter out there.  Especially El-Randle. (which is why I'd go for Chris Paul or Tangelo).   More coherent team offense and less sloppy freestyling would benefit Randle, Portis, Trier, Dot, RJB, Mitch.

The key prescrip for these Knix = get a legit PG starter . . .
Then a 6-month follow-up exam.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: May 21, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »

I thought Elfrid played plenty well, as far as his affecting his teammates.  Didn't shoot it well.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: May 21, 2020, 10:59:52 PM »

Elfrid Payton is not going to develop a reliable outside shot in his seventh NBA season.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: May 21, 2020, 11:49:44 PM »

On the other hand his 2 point percentage is quite solid

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: May 21, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »

How many guards (make that players) averaged 13, 9, 6 and 2 (steals) per 36 minutes last year?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:00:44 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: May 22, 2020, 03:24:29 AM »

Elfrid Payton is not going to develop a reliable outside shot in his seventh NBA season.

Probably true, but not unheard of.
Jason Kidd, fka ason Kidd, started making league average or better 3's in his 8th season on volume.
Brook Lopez took only 31 treys his first 7 years.   Y8 he attemnpoted 387 trips with near-league average %.

I'm sure there have been others.
In the past I think that was true, as poor outside shooters just wouldn't take 3's.
But now with everybody expected to be able to make 3's, I assume weak outside shooters who want to stay in the league or up their salary spend a lot of time getting their 3-ball form down.

For ELF, the main thing is to be able to knock down a wide open 3 when his man cheats away from him, or when his man goes under a screen.  That could be 3-5
3-FGA's a game.  Elf is pretty crafty on the drive and if guys have to play up on him or go over screens, Elf would get into the paint more and cause more havoc.
Elf simply needs to be able to make open 3's, and not hesitate when he has them.
That push shot needs reworking ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: May 22, 2020, 04:02:50 AM »

That top one is real ugly.
The other two acceptable.
I like the classic bottom one; but for a face mask covering, black is likely better than medium blue.

I guess 3/$25 isn't outlandish, as it's useful (especially in NYC and surroundings) and would be a keepsake/reminder of this weird 2020 year.  Maybe your grandkids could sell one for $100 in 50 years.  Of course by then $100 only gets you a cup of coffee.   Otoh, a Knick hat for $34 on the merch below is a complete rip. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:04:55 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: May 22, 2020, 05:54:40 AM »

I hope Payton has done nothing but shoot since things shut down. Hopefully the time has helped him find a stroke, otherwise Frank is gonna take his job and never look back.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: May 22, 2020, 06:53:43 AM »

Franc is more Rory Sparrow than Charlie Ward.

[/quote]

The return of KZ!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: May 22, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »

Franc is more Rory Sparrow than Charlie Ward.

NONSENSE. 
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1844