Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899498 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #12135 on: May 23, 2020, 05:06:34 AM »

Eddy Curry recaps his life

Talks about his disinterest in basketball when he was young, and got forced into it because he was Big.  Details some of his bad decisions, wrong friends, scams he was subject to.  On the Knix, ECity was running the old Tim Thomas two-women, two-family scam which takes a lot out of one.

Looking back on everything now, I really do feel like, for the longest time, I was just in way over my head when I was in the NBA. I was a boy who went from playing with his train set to having millions of dollars, in the blink of an eye.
And I just wasn’t ready for it.

People I’d known my whole life, people I loved, would just straight-up lie and pull some of the foulest shit imaginable to try and rip me off.

And, on my end, after so many years of screwing up and showing poor judgment over and over again, I can finally say in all honesty that things really are different. I finally got to a point where I felt like, Man, I’m just tired of hurting Patrice.

Understandable that you're 19 and suddenly have fame and a $12M 4 year contract, and you get overwhelmed and make mistakes.  Curry didn't seem well-educated and it seems his family support wasn't that great. 

In comparison, TyC always seemed more mature, more grounded, more focused.
Also, played defense and stayed in shape.

Curry is only 37 today.  Played just 26 games across 5 seasons after he was 25.
TyC, also 37, managed a long and fairly distinguished career 19 year career.

At least after a lot of lows it seems Curry has found some peace and matured.  Article doesn't say what he does for a living or income.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: May 23, 2020, 05:55:38 AM »

Quote from: Franc Nkilitina
I will tell you what MJ told me when I was 16.
I said, “Hello, Michael. Can I ask you, what is the key to all your success?”

He thought about it. Then he said, “What you have to do is love basketball. You can’t be great unless you really love the game. Once you love basketball more than anyone else in the world, then you’re willing to sacrifice. You’re willing to wake up early. You’re willing to do what it takes to be the best. But first, you have to really love it.”

It sounds simple, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense in my life.   A lot of people are asking, “How good do you think you can be? What is your ceiling?” I don’t know the answer. I don’t know what’s going to happen in the NBA. But I do know that I really love the game more than anything.

So there you have it — this is why he is the legend. I have been thinking about
what he said for the past three years.

Thank you for your advice, Mr. Jordan.
Merci, GOAT

Is Franc just too nice?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: May 23, 2020, 02:56:50 PM »

I'd have liked Frank better had he called Jordan "Mike".

OK

Kii

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: May 24, 2020, 04:50:09 AM »

Oh please not Florida. They are extra stupid and sloppy there, especially over the last decade or so. It’s even worse now.

A draft outcome that will leave us in a nice spot to build out from next season,

Our 1st, should we get lucky enough: Anthony Edwards

Clippers first: Tyler Bey

Second rounder: Killian Tille

Barring deals, the locks would be:

Mitch
Randle Tille Knox
Barrett Bey Ignas
Edwards
Frank DSJ

Team options or partial guarantees:

Gibson
Portis
Bullock
Ellington
Payton

Renewable two ways that can become main roster minimums:

Allen
Wooten

Potential QO candidates:

Harkless
Dotson
Trier

I think Okongwu might wind up more impactful than Edwards by the tiniest littlest of bits, but drafting him necessitates finding a new home for Randle which may prove a pain in the ass.

Keeping with ball (meaning Edwards) in hand, among the guys we control with options or partial guarantees keepers would be Gibson, Wooten, Bullock, unless upgrades were available.

I’m on the fence between a year of Payton at his salary or Kadeem Allen at a 2 or 3 year minimum deal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 05:02:25 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: May 24, 2020, 02:45:34 PM »

Starting today, all the New York professional sports leagues will be able to begin training camps,” Cuomo said, via the New York Post. “I believe sports that can come back without having people in the stadium, without having people in the arena, do it! Do it! Work out the economics if you can. We want you up. We want people to be able to watch sports to the extent people are still staying home. It gives people something to do. It’s a return to normalcy. So we are working and encouraging all sports teams to start their training camps as soon as possible, and we’ll work with them to make sure that can happen.”
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: May 25, 2020, 03:36:33 AM »

Have they figured out what the roster rules will be for teams when fist fulls of players go down With Covid?

Play short handed or pay more kids to jump into the pool?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: May 25, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

Quick thoughts on how to run it: first get a couple trainers and assistant coaches for each team in and quarantine them for a week, then start bringing in the players, maybe 3 or 4 at a time, young guys first, then a week later vets.  Do a one week quarantine for each group.  Try to keep players separate from other groups until every group has done a 2 week quarantine.  Might have a team together within a month.  Working out and practicing.  If no one is sick within that month then you have NBA players and coaches and trainers and refs able to interact and play games. 

You keep all those team folks away from the food servers and room cleaners and other staff as much as possible.  All those staff people wear masks and try to keep distance.  Probably want to restrict teams to 12 players instead of 15.  That reduces things by almost 100 people.  Those 3 end-of-the-bench players can still get their full salary.

Not sure how many people we're talking.
12 players.  Say just 3 coaches.  3 trainers.  2 med staff.  Whatever else I'm forgetting.  2 support staff.  Would be 20 people per team x 30 = 600.
A dozen refs -- four crews of 3. 
Camera people and technicians.  Announcers.
Whatever else I'm forgetting.

I guess you try to hold the total under 800 people, with a max of 1,000.
Most of the support staff would be ESPN/Disney employees.

Not sure if they are talking about finishing the season or heading straight to playoffs.  Playoffs make more sense to me, since the last 1/3 of the season isn't terribly meaningful.  And with playoffs, you get two teams matched up for a series of games, so you limit contact across all 30 teams.

Maybe can play an abbreviated schedule.  Say ten reg season games to get everyone back in shape for the playoffs.  Since everyone is in one spot, you can rejig the schedule so teams play a limited number of opponents, if you want.  might as well keep conferecnes separate during any reg season games, since the playoffs will do that anyway.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

chipstern

• View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #12143 on: May 25, 2020, 01:42:48 PM »

Ran across a story in Fansided suggesting five "realistic" options to possibly pursue in free agency.

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/05/24/new-york-knicks-5-realistic-options-in-upcoming-free-agency/

I post it here as a public service.

Discuss amongst yourselves. 

Alec Burks
Jeff Teague
Davis Bertrans
Danilo Gallinari
Christian Wood

Interesting. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: May 25, 2020, 05:20:48 PM »

Have they figured out what the roster rules will be for teams when fist fulls of players go down With Covid?

Please - keep the negativity on the Trump board

chipstern

• View Profile
Pathogens Are Us
« Reply #12145 on: May 25, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »

Shall we keep the infectious pathogens there as well. 

PS: "Fauci killed grandma."  Did someone just append that little dog yummy of editorial negativity to your post without your knowledge? 
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:55:22 PM by chipstern »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Pathogens Are Us
« Reply #12146 on: May 25, 2020, 06:08:59 PM »

PS: "Fauci killed grandma."  Did someone just append that little dog yummy of editorial negativity to your post without your knowledge?

Hey Chip, did you know Kiid is a Twat? He swears he’s an honest to goodness Twat from the old country. Who knew he had such a pedegree?

It does explain why he can’t get his head around basketball.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: May 25, 2020, 07:41:41 PM »

My money is on playoff only format, if the season isn’t written off over all.

Euro league just canceled their season.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: May 25, 2020, 09:19:39 PM »

It was said that you cant be too careful with the virus - but led by Fauci, we were.  And thus grandmas, instead of being admitted to hospitals where there WAS space, were placed back in nursing homes, where it did spread and kill

Please join the throng on the Trump forum.  Need new blood over there.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:22:16 PM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: May 25, 2020, 09:34:32 PM »

It was said that you cant be too careful with the virus - but led by Fauci, we were.  And thus grandmas, instead of being admitted to hospitals where there WAS space, were placed back in nursing homes, where it did spread and kill

Please join the throng on the Trump forum.  Need new blood over there.

I’m still cleaning clotting clumps of Kiid off my shoes.

One of the few several tasks I do where I’m thankful about being behind a mask.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1844